Digital Pixels Roll Out? (Like Vista has)

IMKTDQT810

I was reading another thread in which the price of Pixel Photos were brought up and another poster was kind enough to have a link to read from the FAQ Carnival Site. I was not aware that Vista has a digital Pixel Program and I think this would be great fleet wide. Just think of all the ink, paper and trash this would save along with the time saved hunting for your pictures daily among all other faces. Does anyone know if Carnival is considering this fleet wide? Below is what I read on the site:

Pixels Photo Gallery

All photos are displayed daily in Pixels Photo Gallery, usually by the very next day. Due to limited space, the displays are changed daily to make room for new photos. Photos are available for purchase and are charged to the guest’s Sail & Sign card.

On the Carnival Vista, guests can view their photos on iPads at the photo gallery, on their stateroom interactive-TV or use the HUB App on their smart phone or tablet. With just a click, guests can order digital copies that will be downloaded to their device, order print copies which will be delivered to their stateroom or delete photos they do not wish to purchase. Prices below do not apply to the Carnival Vista.

Was on the Breeze 4 weeks ago, and they had the view your pictures on the Hub working (although it said beta). With it were options to buy the pictures digitally, but if I recall, the prices were quite high for digital relative to what you could get the physical print for. That being said, beta was an accurate description as I got pictures of others on my hub app and was also missing some pictures that were mine.

It's a nice idea once they iron out the kinks and price it more appropriately.

Edited by sarmat1

Digital would be awesome. We have always culled photos as we go, leaving the keepers stacked together in one pile and tossing the rest in the reject bin. They haven't removed our stashed photos. I am not a fan of searching for photos so thats one reason I would like the digital option.

I was reading another thread in which the price of Pixel Photos were brought up and another poster was kind enough to have a link to read from the FAQ Carnival Site. I was not aware that Vista has a digital Pixel Program and I think this would be great fleet wide. Just think of all the ink, paper and trash this would save along with the time saved hunting for your pictures daily among all other faces. Does anyone know if Carnival is considering this fleet wide? Below is what I read on the site:

Pixels Photo Gallery

All photos are displayed daily in Pixels Photo Gallery, usually by the very next day. Due to limited space, the displays are changed daily to make room for new photos. Photos are available for purchase and are charged to the guest’s Sail & Sign card.

On the Carnival Vista, guests can view their photos on iPads at the photo gallery, on their stateroom interactive-TV or use the HUB App on their smart phone or tablet. With just a click, guests can order digital copies that will be downloaded to their device, order print copies which will be delivered to their stateroom or delete photos they do not wish to purchase. Prices below do not apply to the Carnival Vista.

They have something like this on the Royal Carribbean ships I went on

• 3 weeks later...

Does this mean that you could see them after the cruise and purchase them? I have always wished for that feature as it always seemed like a waste to print the photos just to toss them I figured that is part of the reason they are so expensive! I have had regrets not getting a few shots and it would be so nice to log in within 60 days of the vacation and still be able to purchase. If not maybe one day...

and think what Carnival will do with the deck space freed up by no longer having to display photos, cram in more cabins to increase crowding.

Cabins in the hallways....now that is a new one. Might want to check out the space they used for this on the Vista, it might alter your reply.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Does this mean that you could see them after the cruise and purchase them? I have always wished for that feature as it always seemed like a waste to print the photos just to toss them I figured that is part of the reason they are so expensive! I have had regrets not getting a few shots and it would be so nice to log in within 60 days of the vacation and still be able to purchase. If not maybe one day...

On Vista you had to purchase all pictures before the end of the cruise. There was no option to see them once you left the ship and did not have access to the HUB app any longer. We really liked being able to pull them up on the TV in our room. Made picking the one's we really wanted a lot easier.

• 2 months later...
Cabins in the hallways....now that is a new one. Might want to check out the space they used for this on the Vista, it might alter your reply.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That's exactly what RCCL did when the went digital on Navigator and Liberty of the seas. They made the photo area much smaller and the added about 20 cabins with their own hallway.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums