Any Updates on HORIZON?

Love2Cruz2015

The last I heard is that it will be the first of the year before itineraries are release. My PVP has a reminder to call me a soon as they are out :)

There is an official Carnival sweepstakes contest and the prize is a cruise on Horizon. The rules stipulate that the winner must book travel before 12/31/16. So the itineraries should definitely be available before then.

Unless Carnival are intending to offer a prize that can't be claimed. :)

Duane

There is an official Carnival sweepstakes contest and the prize is a cruise on Horizon. The rules stipulate that the winner must book travel before 12/31/16. So the itineraries should definitely be available before then.

Unless Carnival are intending to offer a prize that can't be claimed. :)

Duane

Cool. Thanks, Duane ;)

I've been checking various port schedules and it's not showing up yet. But then many of the companies are just starting to trickle onto 2018 calendars.

When Vista was setting schedules it first appeared on the Civitavecchia calendar December 3 2014 and cruises went on sale 7 weeks later. So it should be any time now that it gets added to port calendars.

I can't see how it can be anything other than a Mediterranean/East Med itinerary for March...It would be too cold to do Northern Europe imo. But, I am still interested to see which ports they choose. I did an Eastern this year and am doing a Western Med next year...if the majority of ports are repeats for me, I may just wait till she comes stateside, hopefully Florida.

Any other guesses?

When will we be able to book? Itineraries? ANYTHING?:D

I'm getting impatient. :o

I was just abt to create a post abt this but you beat me to the punch! I'm right along with you getting impatient lol. I've "heard" that itineraries should be released around November or December but I've asked John on fb and he didn't answer yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I can't see how it can be anything other than a Mediterranean/East Med itinerary for March...It would be too cold to do Northern Europe imo. But, I am still interested to see which ports they choose. I did an Eastern this year and am doing a Western Med next year...if the majority of ports are repeats for me, I may just wait till she comes stateside, hopefully Florida.

Any other guesses?

I'm guessing her final homeport will be either Galveston or NYC. Doubt they would but both Vista class ships in Florida.

Edited by BuckeyeCruiseGuy

I'm guessing her final homeport will be either Galveston or NYC. Doubt they would but both Vista class ships in Florida.

What abt NOLA? They've been doing well with the Carnival Dream so I don't see why not give NOLA a Vista class ship also

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Port Everglades just recently signed a contract extension with Carnival. Since Splendor is headed to Long Beach in 2018, that leaves an opening in Fort Lauderdale . . . #HelloHorizon.

http://www.cruiserschoice.com/news/carnival-cruise-presence-expands-at-port-everglades-r1412/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Port Everglades just recently signed a contract extension with Carnival. Since Splendor is headed to Long Beach in 2018, that leaves an opening in Fort Lauderdale . . . #HelloHorizon.

http://www.cruiserschoice.com/news/carnival-cruise-presence-expands-at-port-everglades-r1412/

Have you seen it officially that the Splendor is going there?

Sent from my iPhone

Any other guesses?

The northern route would be to cold to start, but no so to do some before she came over. Hope it does the northern route over doing UK Iceland and end in New York.

Sent from my iPhone

Carnival hasn't formally announced any itineraries for Splendor for 2018, but another forum member learned of it through their PVP; Miracle would be headed to Tampa.

Cruise Critic last reported that the Splendor is headed to China in 2019:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=7000

• 2 weeks later...

Will the itineraries for the Horizon come out at the same time bookings open, or do they announce itineraries in advance? Just curious because I am planning to book as a mother/Son trip to celebrate his graduation. Soooo hoping it is sailing similar to what the Vista did.

Will the itineraries for the Horizon come out at the same time bookings open, or do they announce itineraries in advance? Just curious because I am planning to book as a mother/Son trip to celebrate his graduation. Soooo hoping it is sailing similar to what the Vista did.

When we were on the Vista and at the Diamond event I inquired this of the Captain and chief engineer (not sure on title). The both replied that the "plans" were that the Horizon would def spend a season over Europe and not necessarily all med based, that said things do change. We should see the itins and release booking by the end of November.

Sent from my iPad using Forums