Solo traveler

scorpiony3358

I'm considering traveling on the Regatta to South America from Miami on Feb 2nd and I was wondering how the ship is for singles. While I am older LOL I don't look my age and therefore am able to mix very well with cruisers of all ages.

While traveling on Silversea and Regent this year they both had organized meet and greets nightly for solo travelers and it was great since both cruises were 21 nights.

I have seen them listed in Currents more frequently than once on a cruise, but not as often as every night. I do think it depends on the cruise ... it's not always the same even on the same ship.

BUT if you would like frequent get togethers, it couldn't hurt to ask the cruise director if he or she could set them up. One factor that I can see is just how many on a cruise are traveling solo. If it's very few, probably any get togethers will be sparse.

Mura

I have seen some cruises they will have a dinner for all the solo cruisers

We met 2 ladies last cruise one went to the meeting & the other did not as she was not interested in meeting other solos

One cruise they had 3 large tables for the dinner meeting for solos

so it all depends

Join your roll call you may find others to chat with

We travel as a trio in two cabins -- My husband and I plus his female cousin. We almost always have another single at our table (or we have 4 top for ourselves). It is particularly easy on O because of the open seating plan and all you have to do is ask the person at the seating desk to join others -- they do the "meet-up" for you and it is very natural and easy in that the procedure is the same and the options are the same for any person or group. Table for 2, 4 or 6+ or with a certain waiter's table/section etc. I think you will not have a problem. I think also get to know some of the folks on roll call or take some of the shore excursions and soon you will have a nice little group that enjoy doing things together. Small size ships you never get lost.