Hurricane's A-Coming!

butterfly529

The cruise ships will probably not go to Haiti for at least a week. I doubt there would be much left of the Labadee area. When ships do return they will be bringing supplies for the folks in the Cap Hatian area. That is how they handled it when the earthquake hit several years ago.

It's good how the cruise lines will chip in help getting supplies down where they are needed like in Haiti after the quake. Agree they likely will be doing so again.

Currently on allure. Our schedule was reversed.

Captain announced we will continue as scheduled.. Tomorrow jamaica then labadee and return to ft lauderdale on sunday morning

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Captain announced we will continue as scheduled.. Tomorrow jamaica then labadee and return to ft lauderdale on sunday morning

Thank you for the update. Can you come back and let us know how Labadee is? Thank you.

Please tell us how the trip has been so far. Rough water, rain , overcast? I have family members on the cruise and have not heard anything from them. I am shocked the ship would go to Labadee so soon after the storm. I do hope your voyage back to FLL is smooth.

Stay safe!

luvstosail

Boston Ma

Please tell us how the trip has been so far. Rough water, rain , overcast? I have family members on the cruise and have not heard anything from them. I am shocked the ship would go to Labadee so soon after the storm. I do hope your voyage back to FLL is smooth.

Stay safe!

luvstosail

Boston Ma

Sunshine all the time. Smooth ride

We frequently cruise during Hurricane Season. It's all an adventure. We've had itineraries changed or reversed a few times. Our favorite was Mariner of the Seas in September 2004. Hurricane Jean paid a visit while we were on board. Traveling with our 8 yr old, 6 yr old and 6 month old kids. We were stuck at sea a few extra days because we couldn't get back into Port Canaveral. The channel had become too shallow and Mariner was the first of the "Big" ships to use the port. They ended up bringing us down to Miami. RCI was great. They gave us free phone calls to call home and change flights. One of the Chefs came out to the dining room to speak to me to offer to start pureeing food for the baby if I ran out of baby food. (I'm an "over packer" no chance of that happening.) The best part was hearing announcements by the Cruise Director requesting diapers for families that ran out. Most passengers took it all in stride. Every time the captain announced we were going to be delayed again you would hear cheering throughout the ship. Just gotta go with the flow.:D

Now they're thinking Matthew is going to move east, then south and loop around again..... this bugger isn't going away any time soon..... but a lot can change, so hoping he heads east and keeps going!!

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_at4.shtml?5-daynl#contents

Nevermind just saw the update on TV

Edited by SAS21

We frequently cruise during Hurricane Season. It's all an adventure. We've had itineraries changed or reversed a few times. Our favorite was Mariner of the Seas in September 2004. Hurricane Jean paid a visit while we were on board. Traveling with our 8 yr old, 6 yr old and 6 month old kids. We were stuck at sea a few extra days because we couldn't get back into Port Canaveral. The channel had become too shallow and Mariner was the first of the "Big" ships to use the port. They ended up bringing us down to Miami. RCI was great. They gave us free phone calls to call home and change flights. One of the Chefs came out to the dining room to speak to me to offer to start pureeing food for the baby if I ran out of baby food. (I'm an "over packer" no chance of that happening.) The best part was hearing announcements by the Cruise Director requesting diapers for families that ran out. Most passengers took it all in stride. Every time the captain announced we were going to be delayed again you would hear cheering throughout the ship. Just gotta go with the flow.:D

We were on Carnival Dream during hurricane Sandy. The only inconvenience was having to change our flights, but we were lucky enough to be able to email our daughter who was able to change them. As I recall, Carnival handled it really well, and we never felt unsafe, and the mood on the ship was fun and upbeat. Spent an extra sea day bobbing off the coast of Miami. They printed another daily compass or whatever they call it on Carnival, like it was any other sea day. You really do just have to go with the flow. Still our favorite time of year to cruise.

I had a pleasant side effect of the hurricane this evening. I took my bike to work this morning and rode the 17 miles from my Columbus, Ohio west side office back to my home in NE Columbus. As I was riding through the City of Upper Arlington, I had 5 F22 Raptors fly a few hundred feet above me. Being an Aviation nut, it was a thrill. I've only seen an F22 demo at an airshow. The USAF is moving a bunch of planes away from the East Coast up as far as VA as I've been able to learn.

How is the weather now? I know someone who I think has a condo in the same complex, as he fishes up at the breakwater all the time and also has a home on the outer banks. Jimmy Z?

It's calm, kind of eerie

Don't recognize the name. We are three 8 story buildings between Doubletree and Hilton

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

It's calm, kind of eerie

Don't recognize the name. We are three 8 story buildings between Doubletree and Hilton

I am pretty sure his complex is only 3/4 stories tall, not 8. They just left OBX for their winter stay there. They cruise and he takes pics of the ships leaving all the time.

It's calm, kind of eerie

I truly hope that you have changed your mind over the past few hours. Watching the news and I am really frightened for you and your wife. Please update us.

I truly hope that you have changed your mind over the past few hours. Watching the news and I am really frightened for you and your wife. Please update us.

Based on the latest....

You guys needed to evacuate...power less, major damage and flooding is imminent. Please be safe.