Hurricane Matthew-Itineraries changed

KPfromCT

We are suppose to be getting on Carnival Magic on Saturday in Port Canaveral. So I'm guessing it could be delayed to allow more time for the storm to pass so the ship isn't traveling right with or behind the storm (into Florida). Do you think that is likely stating that the Hurricane doesn't actually hit Florida if so then it could be a total change of plans.

At the present, models project it will be past PC by Saturday. But keep in touch with your PVP or TA or Carnival directly for updates.

I suspect now that the weekend ships have sailed and those itineraries were changed if necessary the biggest issue will be for ships heading home, especially for ports Charleston and North. The hurricane models indicate Matthew can touch the mainland and even track along the entire East Coast anywhere between South Florida and Nova Scotia. So, as a captain or cruise ship lines, you lay back and come north behind the storm,possibly delaying the next cruise, or do you cut a current cruise short and try to run in front of the storm as it makes its way north? tough call.

At the present, models project it will be past PC by Saturday. But keep in touch with your PVP or TA or Carnival directly for updates.

I suspect now that the weekend ships have sailed and those itineraries were changed if necessary the biggest issue will be for ships heading home, especially for ports Charleston and North. The hurricane models indicate Matthew can touch the mainland and even track along the entire East Coast anywhere between South Florida and Nova Scotia. So, as a captain or cruise ship lines, you lay back and come north behind the storm,possibly delaying the next cruise, or do you cut a current cruise short and try to run in front of the storm as it makes its way north? tough call.

I agree. I wouldn't be surprised if the Pride heads home on Saturday and spends Sunday hunkered down in the bay and the Oct 9 cruise is cut by a day and boarding is on Monday.

With the storm having effects on the east coast from Wed through the weekend...

I would think the Pride will stay in KW for a day or 2 extra and possible a canceling the Friday weekend cruise

The Pride does mostly 7 day cruises that depart from Baltimore on Sunday. Her recent Eastern Caribbean cruise was detoured to New England because of the weather. She is supposed to debark the New England cruise on Sunday (October 9) and embark passengers for another go of the Eastern Caribbean.

Edited by Carnival_Brides

We leave on the Conquest 10/9 first stop should be HMC but I bet HMC will not be ready for us on the 10th and I would be very happy with Key West:)

We are on the same cruise! I would also be happy with Key West, or San Juan for that matter. Just somewhere I can sit in the sun on a beach!

I guess we will see what happens!

ETA: I just saw the graphic of the latest radar image. My hometown is right in the path. This is not good.

Edited by CruiserMom2096

OMG... my bad thinking about another ship

The Pride does mostly 7 day cruises that depart from Baltimore on Sunday. Her recent Eastern Caribbean cruise was detoured to New England because of the weather. She is supposed to debark the New England cruise on Sunday (October 9) and embark passengers for another go of the Eastern Caribbean.

On the Pride right now. We are in NYC today. Been an awesome cruise and smooth seas. Little chilly here today (60's) but having a great time in Times Square and Little Italy.

We heard over 1000 ppl canceled. Only around 1500 ppl on this sailing and it's heavenly!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The latest update I saw was this one, this will cause trouble for all cruise lines on the East Coast.

14600998_1753762114888176_1874365263912945596_n.jpg?oh=ae82a4ec3602ca98bc164bfa3c68ad26&oe=5865E72E

Could you please change this Track. We live on Cape Cod and have a Big Tikki Hut Party to watch Tom Brady's return to action. On a serious note .....For people cruises during this period ...Stay Safe

On the Pride right now. We are in NYC today. Been an awesome cruise and smooth seas. Little chilly here today (60's) but having a great time in Times Square and Little Italy.

We heard over 1000 ppl canceled. Only around 1500 ppl on this sailing and it's heavenly!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi There! So glad to hear from you. I board the Pride on Sunday when you return and have been wondering how it was going for you guys. So happy that things are well! Continue to enjoy! See you Sunday!:)

What is everyone's thoughts on flying into MCO Friday at 4:25 pm? Take my chances? Or change my flight to Thursday? We are leaving Saturday on the Magic?

Orlando SHOULD be OK, however now Mathew is picking up speed. Which could be a good thing - keep your eye on it - I'm sure you are ...

MCO FB Page : https://www.facebook.com/flyMCO/

(As always they say "Room for error after 2 day Forecast" )

Northern FL Keys are under TS Warning & East Coast up to Daytona is under a Hurricane Watch

Being a USCG Boat Captain living in FL these are the 3 .. I check daily:

1 ) http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at4+shtml/150356.shtml?3day#contents

2) http://www.intellicast.com/Storm/Severe/Bulletins.aspx?location=USFL0486

3) https://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/atlantic/2016/Hurricane-Matthew?map=alerts

Edited by CaptDJB
Added MCO Info

If the Pride is heading back south from NYC/Canada to debark on Sunday and begin the next cruise, that may be interesting as they will possibly be heading right into Matthew as it comes up the coast. Those on the Oct 9th sailing may want to keep an eye out.

It'll definitely be interesting

(FIRST cruise I got Hubs on - we wound up in THREE Hurricanes ( Hanna dropped down on us even though the ship hugged the FL Coast - Ike caught us/as did Gustav Eastern Carib ) and it just went from there ..

We were used to the seas - can't say ALL enjoyed it (FWIW: Ike and Gustav formed after 3 days into the Cruise ) They can't see everything.. when leaving Port

He did actually go on a few more

Edited by CaptDJB

Judging from the ship position, it looks like the Sensation ended up reversing the port order from the original change. It's in Costa Maya today instead of Cozumel.

I'm on the sailing leaving Thursday, so I've been wondering if they'll speed up to get into Miami early to beat the storm, but I'm not sure they can get in before Thursday morning coming from Costa Maya...

HURRICANE WATCH/WARNINGS IN EFFECT

Use Layers and check the box for Warnings/Watches then mouse over them

Active Models and Active Tracks ...

They keep moving it Westward - click any portion of the Watch/Warning areas FL that's highlighted for information

http://www.intellicast.com/Local/WxMap.aspx?latitude=25.01&longitude=-80.51&zoomLevel=8&opacity=1&basemap=0014&layers=0039,0121,0122,0123,0124,0125,0126,0127

Judging from the ship position, it looks like the Sensation ended up reversing the port order from the original change. It's in Costa Maya today instead of Cozumel.

I'm on the sailing leaving Thursday, so I've been wondering if they'll speed up to get into Miami early to beat the storm, but I'm not sure they can get in before Thursday morning coming from Costa Maya...

I am on her the cruise after yours on the 15th. I am wondering if they will be changing out itinerary as it appears Half Moon and Nassau are going to take direct hits from this monster. I dont really care. I will be on vacation regardless.

It would be a REALLY wild guess - leaving on Thursday

Miami (unless it picks up speed ) Mathew is there that day - not to say they won't leave and head for the Straits of FL for clear weather and smooth cruising but going against the Gulf Stream .. Expect it a bit BUMPY the 1st night ... Keep checking NHC/NOAA - WunderGround.Com = none have updated since 2PM EST Will at 5PM EST (Shortly)..

Legend is at the bottom

http://www.intellicast.com/Storm/Hurricane/Active.aspx?storm=1&type=track

http://www.intellicast.com/Local/WxMap.aspx?latitude=25.01&longitude=-80.51&zoomLevel=8&opacity=1&basemap=0014&layers=0039,0121,0122,0123,0124,0125,0126,0127