Ginger Beer

retafcruiser

Is ginger beer available on the ships?

I think so. There was a discussion about this and other items several years ago. If you search forum for ginger beer it may pop up. You can also email Concierge services and ask for some for your cabin.

Catherine

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

I did not see any on Regatta in April

I think you need to request it ahead of time

If it is the alcoholic version (not sure if there is another kind ) you may have to pay upfront for special order for your cabin ...do not quote me on that

Or you could just take some with you when you board the ship

Edited by LHT28

I have tried to get ginger bear on board , and it's seems like most parts of the world other than the UK and Caribean ( Not sure about US only went there 50'years ago) people get limp wristed Ginger Ale mixed up with fiery Ginger Bear the proper stuff that tingles ur tonsils, and prereqsite for a Dark N Stormy

None on the ships as far as I have found

If you have a great TA ( I know I can't mention her name) ginger beer will be waiting in your frig if you request it!

Love those Moscow mules!

Do they charge you upfront for it??

Just curious

I may tried to get some next cruise ;)

I have tried to get ginger bear on board , and it's seems like most parts of the world other than the UK and Caribean ( Not sure about US only went there 50'years ago) people get limp wristed Ginger Ale mixed up with fiery Ginger Bear the proper stuff that tingles ur tonsils, and prereqsite for a Dark N Stormy

The Jamaican non alcoholic Ginger Beer is a killer :eek:

I had to mix it with our limp wristed ginger ale to drink it

I prefer Grabbies Ginger beer refreshing on a hot day ;)

The Jamaican non alcoholic Ginger Beer is a killer :eek:

I had to mix it with our limp wristed ginger ale to drink it

I prefer Grabbies Ginger beer refreshing on a hot day ;)

Stoli makes a pretty good ginger beer to go with their vodka. Moscow Mule. Nice drink for a change of pace :):):)

I think we are talking about different things

there is non alcoholic Ginger beer & alcoholic version

I prefer the latter not that I drink beer normally but Crabbies does taste yummy :D

I am the op and was referring to the non-alcoholic kind that you can drink plain, or mix to make the Moscow Mules, Dark and Stormies, Etc.

I guess I just thought you were asking about the alcoholic version :D

I think you still need to request it

good luck

I don't recall paying extra for the ginger beer, but it was the non alcoholic kind and I did have the SBP. I have made other requests before boarding and wasn't charged for them either. Hope that helps.

K

Yes if it was non alcoholic it was proably treated like sodas

Yes if it was non alcoholic it was proably treated like sodas

If you remember, Lynn, non alcoholic does not necessarily translate into "free" when dealing with pre-boarding soft drink requests. Depending on where the ships are sourcing provisions, some brands might need to be flown to the ship.

After the passenger makes a special beverage request (picture obtaining a case of Yoo Hoo in Shanghai), Special Services looks into the logistics, and if an extra charge would come into play they ask if that passenger prefers to pay the upcharge (typically the air-freight cost) or modify their request.

If you remember, Lynn, non alcoholic does not necessarily translate into "free" when dealing with pre-boarding soft drink requests. Depending on where the ships are sourcing provisions, some brands might need to be flown to the ship.

That is true

it depends on what you are asking for & where the ship will be ;)

I don't mind either sort of ginger beer in a dark n stormy, alcoholic or non as long as it has good fierce ginger kick, and on that basis Ginger Ale or American dry is just a poor excuse of a drink.

First had the Dark N Stormy in Hotel Bar in Jamaca as a remedy advised by the bartender for a sore throat , dam good advice it hits the spot.

The next night he advised trying a Zombie , and after one each we were like Zombies !

In the past, I tried making a request for Ginger Beer -- the non-alcoholic version. I was told that they could obtain it for me and stock our mini-fridge with a specified number of bottled -- at a price of $5.99 for each bottle! We politely declined.