Rolling Wardrobe Cart on QE?

LewiLewi

I know this is a weird question, but, are there rolling wardrobe carts available on the QE? Like what a valet uses when transporting clothes and luggage from room to room.

We will be on this ship for one hundred days, and the storage space is terrible. A friend of ours on a Celebrity cruise was able to,have his steward bring one of these racks to his room for his entire voyage. They hung all of their clothing on these racks because of limited closet space.

Does anyone know if these carts are available on this ship?

I've seen the "rolling coat rack" type on board but they are normally used to transport passenger belongings from one stateroom to another for those booked on back to back sailings. Don't know how many they have or if they can spare one for 100 days.

I know this is a weird question, but, are there rolling wardrobe carts available on the QE? Like what a valet uses when transporting clothes and luggage from room to room.

We will be on this ship for one hundred days, and the storage space is terrible. A friend of ours on a Celebrity cruise was able to,have his steward bring one of these racks to his room for his entire voyage. They hung all of their clothing on these racks because of limited closet space.

We did an extended cruise a few years back on the QM2. We had the chair removed and they gave us a garment rack for the duration of our cruise. They did have the rolling carts for moving clothes but the rack they gave us was more stable with no wheels on it. Everything was fine.

Unless you have a large suite you would not have space for one of those carts.

I have a friend who had a different outfit for every night of a world voyage. She would switch the clothes out of the suitcases kept under the bed.

Make use of the underbed drawers.

You can use the hooks in the stateroom and hang shoe organizers.

I have also seen pictures of staterooms where people had brought those inexpensive plastic storage cabinets to keep items in.

87e67c30f69a55aadd7f3559eab61fd2.png

Have your steward remove the heavy wooden hangars and replace them with wire hangars (or bring some of your own) that take much less space. You can also get hooks that cascade so you can put 4 or 5 items in the space of one.

d72494396bae40a1335ff53938db3dbb.png

Edited by Scrapnana

No idea, but never hurts to ask.

Marilyn, there is an awful lot of storage under the bed - more than you would imagine with large pullout drawers. There are also hooks (only a couple) in the cabin for coats etc but these do save on wardrobe space too.

We had the chair removed and they gave us a garment rack for the duration of our cruise.

I know a couple who did a world cruise and they also took an inside cabin across the corridor from their suite. They had it emptied, fitted with hanging rails, and used it as a giant walk-in wardrobe:eek:

Regards,

I know a couple who did a world cruise and they also took an inside cabin across the corridor from their suite. They had it emptied, fitted with hanging rails, and used it as a giant walk-in wardrobe:eek:

Regards,

Wow, be nice to afford that.

Thank you all for your great suggestions. I will look into collapsible storage boxes, bring wire hangars, use the drawers below the bed and if I still do not have enough storage space, I will ask for a hanging rack, if available.

Marilyn, there is an awful lot of storage under the bed - more than you would imagine with large pullout drawers. There are also hooks (only a couple) in the cabin for coats etc but these do save on wardrobe space too.

Marge,

Do you want to go halves on booking another room? We can use it for storage. Hah, Hah!

Marilyn

Regards,

Now that's the way to travel !! :D:D

Hi, we have done four world cruises of over 100 days each and like to dress up. I have taken as many as 120 different outfits for evening alone. not to mention 40 pairs of shoes. Plus my husband has his collection of clothes etc to fit in the cabin. I take my own slim line hangers. Remove all Cunard ones as they are lovely but take up too much space. There are two large drawers under the bed. Plus as Scrapnana said you can switch clothes around. We keep all winter clothes in a suit case under the bed. Out door heavier coats etc can hang on the hooks on the wall. Unless you are in a suite there is no room for an extra rail. I take a folding box type thing from Ikea that you would normally use for under storage bedding. I put things in there under the bed.

I also Ikea folding shoe boxes for shoes. Suit cases, I get the steward to remove them, as often have 19 pieces of luggage on a long voyage. I often say the best thing to do is get the sofa removed if possible as it always ends up as a dumping ground for things you buy as the cruise progresses plus, you can get extra drawers like Scrapnana posted either buy them in Ikea or ask as I know they have them on QE.

Have a great cruise and do not worry about having too many things 100 days is a long time to be without your favourite things around you and have fun.

Hi, we have done four world cruises of over 100 days each and like to dress up. I have taken as many as 120 different outfits for evening alone. not to mention 40 pairs of shoes. Plus my husband has his collection of clothes etc to fit in the cabin. I take my own slim line hangers. Remove all Cunard ones as they are lovely but take up too much space. There are two large drawers under the bed. Plus as Scrapnana said you can switch clothes around. We keep all winter clothes in a suit case under the bed. Out door heavier coats etc can hang on the hooks on the wall. Unless you are in a suite there is no room for an extra rail. I take a folding box type thing from Ikea that you would normally use for under storage bedding. I put things in there under the bed.

I also Ikea folding shoe boxes for shoes. Suit cases, I get the steward to remove them, as often have 19 pieces of luggage on a long voyage. I often say the best thing to do is get the sofa removed if possible as it always ends up as a dumping ground for things you buy as the cruise progresses plus, you can get extra drawers like Scrapnana posted either buy them in Ikea or ask as I know they have them on QE.

Have a great cruise and do not worry about having too many things 100 days is a long time to be without your favourite things around you and have fun.

Thank you for your great advice. We have purchased a six drawer hanging bag for over the closet door. I hope we can remove those wooden hangers and the plastic ball they are on. I am bringing my own wire hangers, that take up much less space.

Right now we are more concerned with Hurricane Matthew; we are right in the path.

Wish us luck.

Thank you for your great advice. We have purchased a six drawer hanging bag for over the closet door. I hope we can remove those wooden hangers and the plastic ball they are on. I am bringing my own wire hangers, that take up much less space.

Right now we are more concerned with Hurricane Matthew; we are right in the path.

Wish us luck.

Wishing you safety, LewiLewi! It is a night for worry and prayers.

It sounds like you have worked out a lot of practical solutions with plan-ahead logistics. We always take extra hangers, even on transatlantics. Our longest voyage, so far, was 36 days---only a third of your planned trip---also on the QE. It was great (actually fabulous)!

My only additional suggestion would be to consider bringing a few (small) magnets for posting papers (like invitations) on the wall. I found this a convenience.

Happy Sailing!

Jimmybean