Featherdale Park, Sydney

Plant

I've just seen Featherdale Park mentioned in a post about Sydney. Would this be a good place to visit? How would we get there from the CBD and what would it cost?

Thanks,

Fern

I haven't been there for a long time.

It went down hill for a while, and I'm not sure how it is now.

Entry is about $30, your hotel may have brochures for tours.

Other choices are Darling Harbour Wildlife park or Taronga Zoo.

It has been many years since I was at Featherdale, but I enjoyed it. The reviews of it on Trip Advisor lead me to believe that it is still worth visiting.

However, getting there is time-consuming. If you have a car, the trip there from Circular Quay is about 45 minutes. If you take public transportation, it's a trip on train and bus for about 1.5 hours. You can also visit as part of a guided tour to the Blue Mountains.

If you are on a cruise and only have 1 day in Sydney and want to visit a zoo, go to Taronga Zoo. It's easily reached via ferry from Circular Quay. The views of Sydney from the zoo are fantastic and it's a very good zoo with plenty of native and non-native animals.

Yes, others who have gone recently recommend it, and it's still the most hands-on (i.e. interactive) of the larger wildlife parks in Sydney.

That said, Taronga has the more scenic location, and is easier to get to, with a wider range. I'd recommend either if visiting a park in Sydney for Australian wildlife.