Port Canaveral CLOSED

Please be safe everyone. I can't imagine riding through a hurricane. Here in Southern Ca we need to be prepared for the big quake. We live about 12 miles south of the San Andreas and if that lets go, we will be in for a ride. in 1992 we experienced the Landers quake,a 7.2.

Carnival Victory came back a day early. Not sure if they are going to stay in port tonight.

I saw on FB that Marc Walker said MJ was leaving KW 4 hours early tomorrow morning. He is being coy on where they are going. Said it's a 'surprise' :rolleyes:

If Matthew clears out by the start of the day on Saturday, it could be a very busy day at PC. If the port stays closed till Saturday morning you could have 5 cruise ships doing a turnaround on Saturday. Which means every turnaround Terminal will have a ship. That is if they do not go to Tampa on Thursday or Friday.

Is there enough port crew to man all the terminals simultaneously?

Laura is starting to get nervous, but I think we are still staying. Are you on the Raddison property or the lot across the street? How is the mood on the ship?

I think you should evacuate today before it's too late and you are stuck in traffic or can't get gas or you can't get a hotel res. Be careful. Here in SC some of the gas stations are already empty. Of course it goes without saying, bread and milk are gone! Schools are closing today and the coast is probably going to evacuate beginning today or tomorrow.

Edited by torpeedo

I think you should evacuate today before it's too late and you are stuck in traffic or can't get gas or you can't get a hotel res. Be careful. Here in SC some of the gas stations are already empty. Of course it goes without saying, bread and milk are gone! Schools are closing today and the coast is probably going to evacuate beginning today or tomorrow.

Let's discuss what's really important. Any news on the SC GA game on Saturday night?

John - you guys stay safe and give Bella extra tummy rubs to keep her calm! Having been to NOLA after Katrina and Galveston after Ike, I have a deep respect for what Mother Nature can do. Be safe everyone in Florida and South Carolina. I have friends evacuating from SC.

Let's discuss what's really important. Any news on the SC GA game on Saturday night?

Well I sadly think it will be a W in the GA column and so far it's still scheduled for 7:30 at Williams Brice Stadium. However USC has cancelled all classes for the rest of the week beginning today...:confused::confused:

Hey John....we are on Freedom of the Seas scheduled to arrive back on Sunday. We sure hope the storm has passed by then but we left our car parked at the Radisson so we hope it is not destroyed.

We will be closely watching for your updates from there

I'll be parking there the 16th. (hoping the weather is better deeper into fall), but I hope you will update us with how that goes.

Carnival Victory came back a day early. Not sure if they are going to stay in port tonight.

I saw on FB that Marc Walker said MJ was leaving KW 4 hours early tomorrow morning. He is being coy on where they are going. Said it's a 'surprise' :rolleyes:

There is a reason to check the port cams, I assume we will know by noon if she is staying or leaving.

Praying for you John, our good friends Rob and Lori on Merritt Island, and everyone affected by nasty Matthew!!:( Stay safe everyone!!;) Below is a pretty good hurricane tracking image of Matthew:

https://weather.com/storms/hurricane-central/matthew-2016/AL142016

And all of our friends currently cruising! Stay safe cruising grandma!!

Edited by SilkySal
add sentence

There is a reason to check the port cams, I assume we will know by noon if she is staying or leaving.

As of noon, when I believe the port was to close, the map shows Victory still in port, but the camera is just left of where she is supposed to be. Looks like she is staying.

John, I think you should listen to Laura and get in the car and head to Orlando. How close are you to the beach?

It has been many moons since I was in a Hurricane in Miami. Actually we had 3 while I lived there. We lived near MIA so not in flood danger. Would not want to have been on Miami Beach.

Be smart, be safe, head west.

Grace

Cruise Ports Effected

The current information was pulled from the cruise port website’s:

• Port Miami, Thursday and re-opening Friday
  • Port Everglades, currently at condition Yankee. This means that Gale force winds (in excess of 39 mph) are expected in the next 24 hours.
  • Port Canaveral, closing Wednesday at noon and remaining closed until further notice
  • Jacksonville, the current port condition requires all vessels to be in contact with the Captain of the Port
  • Charleston, closing Thursday and remaining closed until further notice

Marine traffic will not be permitted to sail into these ports unless they get a special permit from the Captain of the Port.

As of noon, when I believe the port was to close, the map shows Victory still in port, but the camera is just left of where she is supposed to be. Looks like she is staying.

I thought Carnival Victory was staying too, because late this morning she seemed all tucked in with the Victory gambling boat tucked in near her. I just checked the webcam and Carnival Victory is out to sea, about even with Satellite Beach, and the Victory gambling boat is still tucked in.

We hope all the CC family on the coast stay safe. Thanks for the updates.

Margy

John, I think you should listen to Laura and get in the car and head to Orlando. How close are you to the beach?

It has been many moons since I was in a Hurricane in Miami. Actually we had 3 while I lived there. We lived near MIA so not in flood danger. Would not want to have been on Miami Beach.

Be smart, be safe, head west.

Grace

Completely agree....please rethink your decision to stay put and respect the mandatory evacuation. One thing to consider is that IF something were to happen those that stay and risk it are also putting the lives of first responders at risk too. That isn't fair to them or their families.

I thought Carnival Victory was staying too, because late this morning she seemed all tucked in with the Victory gambling boat tucked in near her. I just checked the webcam and Carnival Victory is out to sea, about even with Satellite Beach, and the Victory gambling boat is still tucked in.

We hope all the CC family on the coast stay safe. Thanks for the updates.

Margy

I suppose watching on the Marine Traffic site is one way to see where CV ends up. I'm guessing they aren't going to just stay by the coast given the storm track...maybe they sail to other side of the Bahamas?

Wishing all in Florida well as the storm swings by.

Hurricane Matthew Weather Update

October 5, 2016 - 1:00 p.m. E.S.T

Royal Caribbean International continues to closely monitor Hurricane Matthew. Due to the storm, Port of Miami and Port Canaveral are planning to close to all marine traffic on Thursday and anticipate to reopen on Friday and Saturday (respectively).

Empress of the Seas

Empress of the Seas next sailing will now depart on Friday, October 7, 2016. Boarding on Friday will take place as soon as we receive notification from PortMiami authorities. To compensate for the missed day, Royal Caribbean will provide each stateroom with an onboard credit in the amount of one day based on the cruise fare paid, which will be credited to guests' onboard accounts. As a gesture of goodwill, we will also be providing all sailing guests with a 25% future cruise credit. We encourage guests sailing on Empress of the Seas to monitor this website tomorrow for any additional updates.

Majesty of the Seas

Majesty of the Seas next sailing will now depart Port Canaveral on Saturday, October 8, 2016. Due to the revised itinerary, Royal Caribbean International will provide each stateroom with an onboard credit in the amount of one day based on the cruise fare paid, which will be credited to guests' onboard accounts. As a gesture of goodwill, we will also be providing all sailing guests with a 33% future cruise credit. A letter with more details and information about the updated itinerary will be provided at boarding.

If you have not done so already, we strongly suggest guests complete their online check-in as soon as possible, including the section requesting your preferred method of contact while traveling. You can access online check-in at http://www.royalcaribbean.com/onlinecheckin. If there are any questions, please contact us at 866-562-7625. Thank you for your understanding, and we look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Royal Caribbean International will continue to closely monitor weather conditions and will provide updates as soon as they become available.

I'll be parking there the 16th. (hoping the weather is better deeper into fall), but I hope you will update us with how that goes.

Hi Bill! I didn't know you were going on a last minute cruise. Enjoy!:D

We leave the 18th for Barcelona and will be boarding the Harmony the 23rd. We are praying Mother Nature plays nice during our TA!:eek:

John - I pray you and Laura stay safe. It would be best if you were to also evacuate, but if not we will keep you in our prayers and will be watching for updates as to how you are doing.

Hi Bill! I didn't know you were going on a last minute cruise. Enjoy!:D

We leave the 18th for Barcelona and will be boarding the Harmony the 23rd. We are praying Mother Nature plays nice during our TA!:eek:

As you probably saw on Facebook we have been busy babysitting all summer, so we had no chance for a summer get away, so we opted for this road trip/cruise. I'll look forward to hearing about your Barcelona stay and TA

Definitely gone, just drove over causeway and port is empty

Forgot that the gambling ship is also called Victory, duh.

Edited by John&LaLa