Port Canaveral CLOSED

T10 is out of commission right now in preparation for Epic this fall. Not sure if they can take passengers.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

They may have to put T10 into operation for one day maybe, Where else would you turn around a cruise ship, when both Carnival docks, Disney, and T1 at utilized? Only time will tell.

Looking at the latest forecast it looks like nothing getting to PC till Saturday.

I am wondering now if I will be activated for Hurricane Relief at work this week and if WDW will close for the hurricane.

Sure, why not. I'm trying to contact Bloomsky to see if they will replace my weather cam in case this one blows away.

If I may interrupt for just a second to give you both a chuckle, please check out the Tillman posts 57, 59, 60. in case you missed it.

In my opinion, you both made the post of the day!! Gotta love new CC member's. Very cute!!!:)

Sorry , now back to the hurricane, be safe!;)

They may have to put T10 into operation for one day maybe, Where else would you turn around a cruise ship, when both Carnival docks, Disney, and T1 at utilized? Only time will tell.

Looking at the latest forecast it looks like nothing getting to PC till Saturday.

I am wondering now if I will be activated for Hurricane Relief at work this week and if WDW will close for the hurricane.

I really don't know what shape it is in. Pretty sure they were going to install moving ramps like T1 has. The old ones could be gone by now. T3 is functional, but not sure if they can handle luggage.

If I may interrupt for just a second to give you both a chuckle, please check out the Tillman posts 57, 59, 60. in case you missed it.

In my opinion, you both made the post of the day!! Gotta love new CC member's. Very cute!!!:)

Sorry , now back to the hurricane, be safe!;)

Bella chimed in

Just blown away by people. They moved the Carnival Pride from Baltimore, up here to NY. (I guess yesterday?)....Just saw on the news this morning, people being interviewed as they got off the ship.

"This isn't what we paid for"

"If we wanted to go to NY, we would have paid for a vacation to go to NY"

"This is ridiculous"

On and On. I'm sure you get the picture.

What in the world is WRONG with people?

To all of our friends down south, please stay safe.

Brevard County has issued a mandatory evacuation. My son and family are going to Orlando I think. He works at Doubletree here on the beach and gets half price rooms. We still plan on staying :eek:

First, stay safe..

All of Brevard or just coastal areas?

The biggest damage normally comes from Storm Surge. This will be like my almost 2 digit number for Hurricanes here as I was born and raised a Floridian. Biggest issues we had in the past, being a bit inland, was loss of power, once for over 2 weeks... what a drag... now, with 2 homes to worry about, and both too new to have seen a storm, a bit of worry.... plus SO is from the North and scared to death... SO office is going to shut down Thur/Fri and some will bunker down were they might be needed. If we didn't have pets, we could actually stay at the same place... But here, we are about 8 miles inland....

Hey John....we are on Freedom of the Seas scheduled to arrive back on Sunday. We sure hope the storm has passed by then but we left our car parked at the Radisson so we hope it is not destroyed.

We will be closely watching for your updates from there

I work at UCF and live in Orlando. All UCF staff from Brevard has to be across the bridges by 3 PM today, when the bridges will be closed. They will all be home until Saturday at the earliest.

EFSC has closed after 12 noon today and we're waiting on the other colleges and county school districts to decide.

Be safe, everyone!

First, stay safe..

All of Brevard or just coastal areas?

The biggest damage normally comes from Storm Surge. This will be like my almost 2 digit number for Hurricanes here as I was born and raised a Floridian. Biggest issues we had in the past, being a bit inland, was loss of power, once for over 2 weeks... what a drag... now, with 2 homes to worry about, and both too new to have seen a storm, a bit of worry.... plus SO is from the North and scared to death... SO office is going to shut down Thur/Fri and some will bunker down were they might be needed. If we didn't have pets, we could actually stay at the same place... But here, we are about 8 miles inland....

Barrier islands of Satellite Beach, Cocoa Beach, Canaveral, Merrit island

Stay safe

Hey John....we are on Freedom of the Seas scheduled to arrive back on Sunday. We sure hope the storm has passed by then but we left our car parked at the Radisson so we hope it is not destroyed.

We will be closely watching for your updates from there

Laura is starting to get nervous, but I think we are still staying. Are you on the Raddison property or the lot across the street? How is the mood on the ship?

Laura is starting to get nervous, but I think we are still staying. Are you on the Raddison property or the lot across the street? How is the mood on the ship?

We are parked out in front of the hotel. In the grand scheme of things it is just a car and it can be replaced.

We were also lucky enough to get caught in the hurricane sandy storm trying to get back to in.

Everyone onboard is good

Barrier islands of Satellite Beach, Cocoa Beach, Canaveral, Merrit island

Stay safe

Thanks ....

We really can't leave as SO must stay around if needed. We have been provided a very safe place with full time power and everything one would need but it will be hard to convince the SO to leave her doggies at home....

We do have a AEV Jeep Rubicon with huge tires.... I think it would get us out of almost everything...

My Brother and his wife live the Indian River on the inland side and they are headed west. The water has come over their sea wall before and the river is high now from the rain. Not much tidal in their area but the wind does push the water higher....

Laura is starting to get nervous, but I think we are still staying.

Here in Israel I'm used only to men caused "turbulences" :D

Can't even imagine what's like when mother nature is having a fit...

Laura, Bella and John -- don't take any risks... stay safe.

As more info comes in the more people here onboard are beginning to talk about the hurricane. Most seem to have the same feeling as we do....there is really nothing we can do so we will try to make the most of the two ports we have left.

Prayers for all in the path of the storm!!!

We are parked out in front of the hotel. In the grand scheme of things it is just a car and it can be replaced.

We were also lucky enough to get caught in the hurricane sandy storm trying to get back to in.

Everyone onboard is good

We have friends in Key West. When Wilma hit in 05' I think they said 75% of the cars were ruined by water from the storm surge.:( Wilma didn't get much national attention as it was not long after Katrina in New Orleans.