Free Upgrade!

Alaskan Joe

My wife and I just made the final payment on our Mexican Rivera Christmas cruise. When we made the payment we then realized we got a free upgrade:). Our cabin was L234 and they just moved us to a different category just the down the hall L308. I looked it up and we are now closer to the door that leads us to the pizza place on the Lido deck:D.

My wife and I just made the final payment on our Mexican Rivera Christmas cruise. When we made the payment we then realized we got a free upgrade:). Our cabin was L234 and they just moved us to a different category just the down the hall L308. I looked it up and we are now closer to the door that leads us to the pizza place on the Lido deck:D.

That's great Joe :D Now mark your reservation do not upgrade! They could take you off lido deck altogether. I know when I book Lido I want to stay there! Of course I get an inside ,but my big balcony ,is right down the hall:)

You probably know their upgrade is not always one you wanted !

Reader

Edited by Reader0108598

If you're near or aft of the front elevator you will have a lot more hallway noise than your original room from people coming & going from Lido.

As others have said, an upgrade is not always good. I just came back from Ruby & they "upgraded" us to oceanview just over showroom - very noisy during shows.

If you're near or aft of the front elevator you will have a lot more hallway noise than your original room from people coming & going from Lido.

As others have said, an upgrade is not always good. I just came back from Ruby & they "upgraded" us to oceanview just over showroom - very noisy during shows.

I have been in that location on Lido and it was amazingly quiet. No problems whatsoever.

I have been above a show room before and had issues, like you.

Edited by Coral

We are on the same Holiday cruise, very anxious to get started! We also were upgraded on a CA Coastal to that very cabin, we LOVED it. Premium OV, picture window, large cabin, close to pizza & grill, LOVED IT.

I am confused though, L234 is a balcony, so wouldn't L308 be a downgrade? Even though it is awesome, it is an OV, not balcony. Or is it an upgrade by location only?

At any rate, it will be a great 10 days at sea, Sharon

Sent from my SM-T810 using Forums mobile app

They "upgraded" us once to a cabin with the window washer parked outside the window all the time except when we were in port. Our original cabin with an unobstructed window a couple of decks lower. Not sure who got the worst "upgrade" - you or us. :confused:

Edited by Sea Hag

Looks like a good upgrade to me! As you say, nearer the pizza, and I doubt you'll hear much hall/elevator noise.

We are on the same Holiday cruise, very anxious to get started! We also were upgraded on a CA Coastal to that very cabin, we LOVED it. Premium OV, picture window, large cabin, close to pizza & grill, LOVED IT.

I am confused though, L234 is a balcony, so wouldn't L308 be a downgrade? Even though it is awesome, it is an OV, not balcony. Or is it an upgrade by location only?

At any rate, it will be a great 10 days at sea, Sharon

L308 is a balcony. You probably had L103 which is a foward OV.

You know Siora, your comment had me thinking we are on 2 different ships, Alaskan Joe may be leaving from LA on a different ship....I'm leaving from San Fransisco on the Grand, that's the ship we sailed on the CA Coastal. I believe the Grand is one of the Grand class ships that those few Premium OV's haven't been transformed to Balconys. That's why they're so much roomier than other cabins.

Thanks for reminding me about "assumming" anything! Sharon

That's a nice upgrade. Enjoy your new location!

We are on the same Holiday cruise, very anxious to get started! We also were upgraded on a CA Coastal to that very cabin, we LOVED it. Premium OV, picture window, large cabin, close to pizza & grill, LOVED IT. I am confused though, L234 is a balcony, so wouldn't L308 be a downgrade? Even though it is awesome, it is an OV, not balcony. Or is it an upgrade by location only? At any rate, it will be a great 10 days at sea, Sharon

For a second there I thought I screwed up :eek: but you are wrong L308 is a balcony. Also if your on the same cruise you have not signed up in the roll calls for this cruise. What gives you do not want to meet your fellow CC friends?? Lastly this cruise is only 8 days not 10 days are you sure your on the same cruise 12/22/2016 Mexican Rivera departing from L.A.

You are correct, I already admited that I erred in thinking we were on the same ship. Very sorry that I spoke out of turn. Have a great cruise & congrats on your upgrade.

It is not a big deal that you spoke out of turn, Lord knows that I have put my foot in my mouth probably a million times over the last 48yrs...LoL. You enjoy your cruise which ever one you are on:).

You know Siora, your comment had me thinking we are on 2 different ships, Alaskan Joe may be leaving from LA on a different ship....I'm leaving from San Fransisco on the Grand, that's the ship we sailed on the CA Coastal. I believe the Grand is one of the Grand class ships that those few Premium OV's haven't been transformed to Balconys. That's why they're so much roomier than other cabins.

Thanks for reminding me about "assumming" anything! Sharon

See right here I spoke out of turn I did not see this post and it is before my post?? I don't know how I missed it oops.:o

Personally would like to stay right by the Int Cafe. less walking to get to the donuts in the morning

:eek: Don't forget the fabulous Fresh Hot Peanut Butter Cookies! " :D

I've been know to wait around for 20 or more minutes just to get them Hot! My favorites!

Just Mike'

Edited by RetiredNTraveling

Closer to pizza is always a good thing. :D

Pizza is good ! I Agree ...

We had one of those Lido cabins for a Hawaiian cruise. What I liked about that location was the easy access to fresh and hot french fries smothered with Mayo and ketchup just steps away. Those FF right out of the fryer were the best as an afternoon snack !

Edited by jasmith52