Coastal Kitchen access for Junior Suites on Oasis

CaroleC

Sounds like a plan to me! Doing BOGO the first couple of nights, then CK the rest

of the cruise would be our choice. Thanks for the info! :)

Secret knock it is!! ;)

We did Giovani's first night, it was supposed to be Izumi but they don't honor the BOGO. :( Second night was formal so we wanted to dress up and go to MTD. Big mistake. :( After that all CK with a night at Sabor. :(

In hindsight, I wish every night had been CK. Giovani's was fine, but it cost $30 or so.

Secret knock may be over now that the JS entry to CK is official. ;)

FWIW, I don't think we tipped enough. Will try and do better in the future.

Edited by John&LaLa

We did Giovani's first night, it was supposed to be Izumi but they don't honor the BOGO. :( Second night was formal so we wanted to dress up and go to MTD. Big mistake. :( After that all CK with a night at Sabor. :(

In hindsight, I wish every night had been CK. Giovani's was fine, but it cost $30 or so.

We always use our BOGO for second night (formal night) and usually go to Chops

on that night. Yes, I wish Izumi was included in that, but they were alacarte pricing

when we used them the last time.

Our first and only time on Oasis we did 150 Central Park for our BOGO on the first

night. Wonder if they still offer that on BOGO? If so, that will be our formal night

selection. Really loved the dinner in there, at that time anyway.

The MTD set up on Oasis at that time was a total nightmare....won't do it again. :(

Edited by island lady

Probably not since access is only for dinner.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by ARCruisinNana

We always use our BOGO for second night (formal night) and usually go to Chops

on that night. Yes, I wish Izumi was included in that, but they were alacarte pricing

when we used them the last time.

Our first and only time on Oasis we did 150 Central Park for our BOGO on the first

night. Wonder if they still offer that on BOGO? If so, that will be our formal night

selection. Really loved the dinner in there, at that time anyway.

The MTD set up on Oasis at that time was a total nightmare....won't do it again. :(

We were on in April 2015. Sushi was Ala Carte but the Tepanyaki tables were fixed price. I agree that MTD was a failure.

Same this week on the Oasis. Also Coastal Kitchen is now open for lunch every day. This just started this week.

Sorry but CK didn't just start serving lunch this week. Not sure where you got that information from.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry but CK didn't just start serving lunch this week. Not sure where you got that information from.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry I was not very clear with my comment. The Coastal Kitchen is now serving lunch from a menu the first day and during port days. On our last 11 Oasis class cruises lunch in the Coastal Kitchen was only served on sea days.

Serving lunch daily started this week.

So you are saying that the card reader will let us in for dinner? We are in JSs for all of our upcoming OA cruises.

Hi Sherri! :)

Yup, as we are also in a JS for our upcoming Oasis cruises. (Their D1 is

really tiny compared to Freedom :eek: :()

Sorry we will miss you on your dates! And actually we are boarding

as you are disembarking on your May date.

Edited by island lady

We were on the Harmony of the Seas in September in JS, yes you have access to Costal Kitchen in the evening but on the Harmony this can only be booked on the day and space permitting. The big problem is that your seapass card does not open the door to Costal Kitchen so you end up knocking on the door, looking like a guest who is not allowed in. We experienced really bad service from the greeters at the door they at first would not let us in to check we had a reservation then said you may wait inside if you would like. We were made to feel like second class customers by the way we were spoken to and looked at as we were in a JS not a full suite. Our waitress however was fantastic all week, probably the best we've ever had on a cruise and we've done quite a few. The greeter walked around Costal Kitchen and spoke to all guests to make them feel special and welcome, however she came nowhere near us she literally walk passed us. We did of course talked to the restaurant manager on leaving to raise our issues. He dealt with our complaint in a truly professional manner. But it did leave a bitter taste. They both knew they had upset us and all week neither of the greeters could manage to come and talk to us to apologise and put things right.

We were made to feel like second class customers by the way we were spoken to and looked at as we were in a JS not a full suite.

You were not in a full suite, "just" JS. While JS has the name suite in it, it does not really convey most of the perks of a full suite.

Hi Sherri! :)

Yup, as we are also in a JS for our upcoming Oasis cruises. (Their D1 is

really tiny compared to Freedom :eek: :()

Sorry we will miss you on your dates! And actually we are boarding

as you are disembarking on your May date.

We can't get it right, can we. Our Feb. and May cruises are booked around my schedule. I still wish FR was not leaving Port C.

I know we booked a JS however when RCCL now offer more enhancements to JS passengers through the Sea Class program. I don't expect the staff to treat me as someone who is not worthy of eating in Costal Kitchen. It is part of the Sea Class program after all.

That probably has nothing to do with your cabin but with that staff's personality. As long as you got the perks that come with your cabin, feelings (or treatment) about something are so subjective and peculiar, it is hard to say what "should" happen.