Coastal Kitchen access for Junior Suites on Oasis

CaroleC

....I only ever saw sky class and above keys on peoples lanyards or tables when dining so I'm not sure how many js cruisers used ck on our last cruise. I heard that js gets in ck if there is room available. In other words sky class and up get priority over sea class for reservations at ck?

I have been asking this question for a while now, and have not heard one way or the other. Here is the wording from the web site.

ROYAL SEA CLASS

You’ll rest and recharge between adventures in a spacious suite where every detail has been carefully considered with you in mind. From luxury pillow top mattresses to bath amenities selected to make you feel at home. The indulgence extends beyond your room with evening dining at Coastal Kitchen.

Dinner at Coastal Kitchen

Savor a fresh new fusion of Mediterranean-inspired flavors and California cuisine with complimentary evening dining at Coastal Kitchen

Please note, reservations are required for dinner. Beverages are not included.

It doesn't say as available. I guess they could say no reservations available. Sky Class does say 'priority reservations". As someone with a keen interest, see signature, I intend to get a definitive answer this coming May. All of those Oasis trips in 2017 were booked as JS's with the express intent of eating in CK. Dinner only of course. :o If need be I'll see if I can make reservations on board wayyyyy in advance.

It really is that good. :D Oh, and we were served wine when we were last there. Never tried to visit the SL, that would be impolite.

Edited by John&LaLa

I have been asking this question for a while now, and have not heard one way or the other. Here is the wording from the web site.

ROYAL SEA CLASS

You’ll rest and recharge between adventures in a spacious suite where every detail has been carefully considered with you in mind. From luxury pillow top mattresses to bath amenities selected to make you feel at home. The indulgence extends beyond your room with evening dining at Coastal Kitchen.

Savor a fresh new fusion of Mediterranean-inspired flavors and California cuisine with complimentary evening dining at Coastal Kitchen

It doesn't say as available. I guess they could say no reservations available. Sky Class does say 'priority reservations". As someone with a keen interest, see signature, I intend to get a definitive answer this coming May. All of those Oasis trips in 2017 were booked as JS's with the express intent of eating in CK. Dinner only of course. :o If need be I'll see if I can make reservations on board wayyyyy in advance.

It really is that good. :D Oh, and we were served wine when we were last there. Never tried to visit the SL, that would be impolite.

Totally agree, John. Looking forward to CK from all the rave reviews. Our adult

beverages will be served to us before dinner in the DL. ;)

ROYAL SEA CLASS

Sailing Oasis in 3 weeks.....apparently we have to make reservations on board - CK not even an option in the planner. Sailing Anthem in May, have already booked CK reservations for each evening. Sailing JS on Oasis and FJS on Anthem. I'll report back with our experience.

Sailing Oasis in 3 weeks.....apparently we have to make reservations on board - CK not even an option in the planner. Sailing Anthem in May, have already booked CK reservations for each evening. Sailing JS on Oasis and FJS on Anthem. I'll report back with our experience.

Thanks. That May cruise was added so I could let the CK Maitre D know about our fall Odyssey and see if our expectations could be met. :D

Totally agree, John. Looking forward to CK from all the rave reviews. Our adult

beverages will be served to us before dinner in the DL. ;)

Pretty sure we brought wine in from the DL and it magically refilled itself. I think we ate there 4 of the 7 nights, usually around 5:30. Never refused service, just had other plans for those 3 dinners. We even brought guests on the last evening. Our card never worked the door. We had to know the secret knock. ;)

This may be a dumb question but if we have a beverage package will we be able to get served drinks or wine in CK while eating dinner or should we bring them with us to the restaurant?

If you are asking about Oasis class, there is a full bar next to CK, so you should be able to get whatever you want with your package.

So, what are the extra perks for booking a GS vs JS other than a few more sq/ft? Do JS have two chairs, table, and loungers as most GS do? Maybe time to book JS on Oasis class. We have a GS in Jan Allure... looking forward to it...

See perks here:

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Suites/16049781_RSC_Trade_Flyer.pdf

JS = Sea Class

GS = Sky Class

Edited by clarea

This may be a dumb question but if we have a beverage package will we be able to get served drinks or wine in CK while eating dinner or should we bring them with us to the restaurant?

Yes, the drink package works in all venues. You're also welcome to bring your own wine.

Thanks.... it does say CK is available for Dinner for JS.

Correct, but dinner only. I figured that out when I showed up for breakfast with my JS card - it wouldn't even open the door, lol.

Pretty sure we brought wine in from the DL and it magically refilled itself. I think we ate there 4 of the 7 nights, usually around 5:30. Never refused service, just had other plans for those 3 dinners. We even brought guests on the last evening. Our card never worked the door. We had to know the secret knock. ;)

Sounds like a plan to me! Doing BOGO the first couple of nights, then CK the rest

of the cruise would be our choice. Thanks for the info! :)

Secret knock it is!! ;)

Edited by island lady