Carnival Victory - NOT cancelled

TrinaLC

This from the Carnival website as of 8:20 a.m. on Saturday 10/8 - they don't even seem to be offering refund/opportunity to cancel unless I missed it ...

---------------------------------------------

Carnival Victory – 10/9/16 departure

Hurricane Matthew has now passed the Port Canaveral area. Officials in Port Canaveral and in the Bahamas will be completing their post storm assessments as soon as conditions are safe. If the port reopens tomorrow, we plan to operate our 4-day cruise on Sunday with an overnight visit to Nassau. Depending on the conditions in Freeport and the long term track of the storm, we may be able to add a visit there later in the week.

We will provide you another update by 6:00 PM on Saturday.

----------------------------------------------

I'm following this one as well for relatives who will be onboard. Of course we always tell everyone to fly down a day in advance so we have been stressing with the airport situation and if airline is still canceling (they are flying Allegient into the smaller Orlando airport) so finding out at 6:00 tonight won't help them for flights today

I'm following this one as well for relatives who will be onboard. Of course we always tell everyone to fly down a day in advance so we have been stressing with the airport situation and if airline is still canceling (they are flying Allegient into the smaller Orlando airport) so finding out at 6:00 tonight won't help them for flights today

Given that they earlier announced the cancellation, I don't see how they can not offer refunds. Seems really unprofessional.

Given that they earlier announced the cancellation, I don't see how they can not offer refunds. Seems really unprofessional.

That's what TRIP INSURANCE is for. Why is Carnival responsible for an act of God?

That's what TRIP INSURANCE is for. Why is Carnival responsible for an act of God?

Everyone doesn't buy trip insurance (I always do) but Carnival did cancel the cruise at one point and I'm sure some cancelled plans with airlines, hotels, and transfers as a result. IMO they are owed their money back.

Everyone doesn't buy trip insurance (I always do) but Carnival did cancel the cruise at one point and I'm sure some cancelled plans with airlines, hotels, and transfers as a result. IMO they are owed their money back.

Agreed, how do they cancel one day and than reinstate the next and not take some responsibility.

I believe that you're confusing the cancellation of the Oct. 6th departure of Victory (which was first postponed to Oct. 7th and then cancelled) with the Oct. 9th departure. AFAIK, CCL never cancelled the Oct. 9th sailing.

Officials in Port Canaveral and in the Bahamas will be completing their post storm assessments as soon as conditions are safe. If the port reopens tomorrow, we plan to operate our 4-day cruise on Sunday with an overnight visit to Nassau.

i think the key phrase on the carnival website is "IF THE PORT OPENS". as of right now the port is still closed pending their post storm assessment. i think the update is their plan IF the port opens in time for the sunday departure and IF the Bahamas is clear for a port visit. i think the final decision will be stated at the 6 pm update.

the one on Thursday WAS canceled. The one on Saturday was not so you are referring to a DIFFERENT cruise than the one posted about the cancellation

Don't bother injecting small details like this. :D

I can't wait until next year so when someone starts one of those 'I hate Carnival' threads people can talk about how the screwed over passengers following a hurricane.

the one on Thursday WAS canceled. The one on Saturday was not so you are referring to a DIFFERENT cruise than the one posted about the cancellation

Gee, I wonder way no one posted that information earlier!

Oh, wait....

(BTW, it's the Sunday sailing, not Saturday. So you're late and inaccurate, lol! :D)

Which is why I asked the question on them for being unprofessional. Always makes me wonder........obviously the cruise line is trying to do the right thing...for everyone.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by jimbo5544

Don't care about refunds at this point - their flight took off so it will just be a matter of scrambling to find a hotel to stay in if cruise is canceled. Luckily the website is showing an update for 6:00 tonight. Airline ended up not cancelling their flight so they are en route there as scheduled a day in advance [emoji106]

They did fine' date=' misleading to make us think cruise was cancelled and than reinstated[/quote']

lol, yeah that's what they did... Not. You taking the conspiracy kook aid now. Why in the world would they do that?

Sent from my iPhone

Edited by jimbo5544

Paperbk. You make a good point just how early is necessary to arrive. I have been arriving a day before for years now due to an early cruise in which the airline overbooked and we stood standby in Atlanta. Needless to say we flew to Miami instead of Ft. Lauderdale and had to get transportation to Fort Lauderdale. Stressful day as we made the boat with just 5 minutes to spare. Airline lied to us on numerous things. There one comment was we should arrive a day earlier. I argued if you bump me and I go to standby I may need to plan to be everywhere a week earlier!! You will only get on a flight with space available. It's stinks and it's the way it is when we all fly. However, since I have been arriving a day early I have not had the same since. I feel sorry for all the people traveling with the hurricane events of this week. It's got to be a nightmare

Sent from my iPad using Forums