Do you only use this site when booked or about to book?

wizdiz

Do you visit Cruise Critic if no cruise planned?  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Do you visit Cruise Critic if no cruise planned?

• Yes visit no matter what
    • Only visit when booked or thinking of booking
    • Only visit if booked
    • Rarely will visit without a planned cruise

Same for me. I used to visit when I wasn't booked, but it was too depressing [emoji20]

Edit: The CC app for iPhone sends me notifications so it's easier to remember to visit the site. The closer I am to the sail date, the more often I check things out here. I'm on a B2B on the GA in two weeks. After that, the Escape August 2017. Might not be here as often in between those sailings.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Cruzncutie

I was just curious. I know for myself as much as I love this site. I only use once I have booked a cruise or about to. If I don't plan on a cruise or have one booked I never visit.

I think it depends on the individual. I'm sure many people use it as you do.

I post via an app on my phone, which notified me whenever a new topic is started. I ignore most of them, but if it is obviously a question I may be able to help with, or has some info I may find interesting then I click it.

I very rarely browse the site.

I voted yes I visit the site anyway, but what I really needed was a choice that said, "I visit the site whether booked or not, but less often when not booked" or somthing similar.

I check Cruise Critic when not booked or looking for a cruise, just not as often as when I am planning a cruise or already booked.

I need two options... When pondering booking on a new-to-me line to learn about it (and honestly sometimes the responses I get and/or the tone on other posts have given me pause about booking on some lines because if the people are really like their responses I do NOT want to spend a week or more "trapped" on the ship with them) and then once I'm booked to continue learning about the ship and cruise line.

I usually have a cruise booked so I like to browse the boards on the cruiselines that I am booked. I have to admit the tone of the NCL boards has changed quite a bit since I joined and isn't as kind or friendly as some of the other boards. It does have more activity than MSC and Princess though so I end up browsing here a lot more.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I need two options... When pondering booking on a new-to-me line to learn about it (and honestly sometimes the responses I get and/or the tone on other posts have given me pause about booking on some lines because if the people are really like their responses I do NOT want to spend a week or more "trapped" on the ship with them) and then once I'm booked to continue learning about the ship and cruise line.

Totally agree. :)

I am always seeking a vacation deal. Every time I come across a great deal I do an investigation. I am a frequent visitor to NCL.com, even if I have no intention of booking.

I recently investigated the South American cruise because it was so cheap. But airfare would be $1500. Good if I go solo, not good if I bring kids. As it turn out, no one was willing to keep my kids for 17 days while I gallivant. I usually limit kid free vacays to one week max once a year. I am sure I could pull off an extended trip but it would take more notice and planning.

So someone like me who is always searching for their next fix, hoping that I can pull it off, this site is a great resource. Especially for the lines I have never sailed before or for itineraries that are outside the Caribbean.

I keep up with the NCL forum as best as possible every day. The negative tone has made me more nervous about booking another cruise with NCL, but of course I always end up delighted with every NCL cruise I take. The major negatives discussed on this board never happen to me and the minor negatives are of little importance compared to my overall enjoyment of the cruise.

I keep up with the NCL forum as best as possible every day. The negative tone has made me more nervous about booking another cruise with NCL, but of course I always end up delighted with every NCL cruise I take. The major negatives discussed on this board never happen to me and the minor negatives are of little importance compared to my overall enjoyment of the cruise.

So far it hasn't run me off or made me cancel my April Breakaway cruise - and I doubt it will...the price in a studio and no airfare is too good to pass up. (plus now I will have a leg to stand on in megaship and/or studio cabin discussions)

But I will admit that one board for another line was SO negative I DID cancel a scheduled cruise on them. Now that week is 3 nights in Miami and taking my parents on the Disney Magic! So it turned out well!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In the past few years, I've always had a cruise booked. So I visit regularly since things change so fast, I want to make sure I keep up. I also try to help out others with answering questions and such.

I was just thinking this. I reckon the last time I didn't have a cruise booked was early 2012, so I suppose that for the past few years I have been on here with a cruise booked. :)

I chose "rarely visit without a cruise planned."

BUT....since we book so far out (at least a year) and we've had at at least our next two cruises booked am here ALL the time! Whenever I log in - I check out all the boards that I follow. :eek: ;) :D

Edited by happy cruzin

I usually have a future cruise booked, if not I'm looking at booking, but answered that I come here anyway. CC is part of my downtime screen time routine. Mail, FB, CC.

I voted the same way even though we always have a cruise booked. Been about 6 years since I didn't have a cruise booked all the time.

I voted "Only visit when booked or thinking of booking"....Having said that we almost always have a cruise booked or are thinking of booking :D:p.

Lol....I had to chuckle at that because that is us too!