Unlimited Soda Package

kbset

Newbie question...sorry! We've never sailed with Princess before and are wondering how much an individual soda costs on Princess? (edited to add) We are also debating on maybe just getting the coffee card. Is it worth it? Thank you!

Edited by kbset

We have just retd got 2 soda packages I did not like the gun soda you cannot get cans of soda or fresh orange on the package

In future we would pay for cans at $2 per can

Coffee cards well worth it but buy 1 then if you use that buy another one - you can keep unused ones and use again

If you pay individually for a soft drink you will receive a 12oz. can and a glass of ice rather than soft drink in a glass from the bar "gun." I believe the current cost is $2.00 plus $0.30 gratuity for a total of $2.30.

That's the price I recall & purchasing 2 cans of soda is about the daily cost of the basic soda package which based on recent posts isn't always available.

Also we don't like the taste of the bar gun fountain soda nor do we want to pay a daily fee for any soda package particularly on port intensive itineraries. And the soda & more is about $8 which isn't cost effective for us.

At $35.65, the coffee card is good for us...unlimited brewed coffee during the cruise purchased for the passenger buying the card & 15 punches for specialty coffees that are valid on any cruise.

My husband and I always get the "soda and more" package because in addition to pop (which we don'5 drink much of) you also get unlimited mocktails, juice and milkshakes. The mocktails are delicious and are $4 (plus gratuity) each so as long as we drink at least 2 per day the package is more than paid for. Even on shore days it's easy to drink two mocktails - grab one before diner and another after.

Edited by WeLove2Sail
Sofa vs Soda typo.

Hi and welcome to Princess Cruise line.

If you do not want to buy the soda's individually or a package price. You are allowed to bring onboard a case or two of your sodas at no charge. This is per person.

I think buying a coffee card is a good way to enjoy fresh brewed coffee and speciality coffee beverages. 1 card can work for 2 people...brewed coffee for one person and speciality beverages for both until 15 punches are used. 1 punch for coffee beverages.

I hope you enjoy your Princess cruise.

I always get the soda package, the Mocktails alone make it good value for me. Probably 3 or four sodas to break even, or one soda and one mocktail.

Mrs Gut gets the coffee card, saves about 1/3 of the price of buying the specialty drinks individually.

You can always try the package for a couple of days and then cancel if you don't want it anymore. They would refund the difference.

I don't think this is correct information. If you purchase the package, it's for the entire cruise.

Based on this statement from the Princess website it's required to pay for everyday of the cruise: "Prices and gratuities are based on the full length of the voyage".

Edited by Astro Flyer