Anthem Questions

EMBFlyer

We have a cruise coming up on the Anthem in December and I have a couple of questions.

We just completed Online Check-In and got our SetSail pass. I understand our SeaPass cards will be outside of our room, but we won't have access to it until after 1 pm. I didn't see anything noted on our SetSail pass about the drink packages we've pre-purchased. How will they bartenders know about them prior to us receiving our SeaPass cards?

Secondly, we're Diamond members. We had to select a check-in appointment. Can we arrive whenever we like because of our status? How strict are they about those appointments?

Finally, I know the Anthem has the feature where you can track your luggage as it transits the ship on the way to your stateroom on the RoyalIQ app. Are there special luggage tags that are required for that feature? If so, do they get sent to us? How does that work?

Thanks!

We have a cruise coming up on the Anthem in December and I have a couple of questions.

We just completed Online Check-In and got our SetSail pass. I understand our SeaPass cards will be outside of our room, but we won't have access to it until after 1 pm. I didn't see anything noted on our SetSail pass about the drink packages we've pre-purchased. How will they bartenders know about them prior to us receiving our SeaPass cards?

Secondly, we're Diamond members. We had to select a check-in appointment. Can we arrive whenever we like because of our status? How strict are they about those appointments?

Finally, I know the Anthem has the feature where you can track your luggage as it transits the ship on the way to your stateroom on the RoyalIQ app. Are there special luggage tags that are required for that feature? If so, do they get sent to us? How does that work?

Thanks!

Make sure you print off a set sail pass for each of you, there is a print button beside each name. Each person presents their own set sail pass along with their identification.

Can Diamond members get onboard whenever they want or do they have to go at the time on their SeaPass? We are traveling with a group and we could only select 12:00. The balance of our group was able to select 10:30. We don't want to be left behind at the pier.

Edited by cruiser man

Can Diamond members get onboard whenever they want or do they have to go at the time on their SeaPass? We are traveling with a group and we could only select 12:00. The balance of our group was able to select 10:30. We don't want to be left behind at the pier.

Go when you want - scheduled check in times are not enforced.

Thanks for the tips.

I assume the bar code in the SetSail pass contains the info for our drink packages?

Actually, the ship's computer system has all your information, including any packages you've bought. The bar code on the SetSail Pass identifies you to the computer system as does the rfid chip in your card.

The porters put on the tag to enable that feature.

Yes, the porters put the tag on, but they no longer have the feature enabled. We were on Anthem 2 weeks ago and my luggage had arrived when the room was available, but not DH's. I tried to find the feature on the app, and on the TV to no avail. Finally went to Guest Services where we were told they no longer have the tracking feature. They have until 8PM to deliver your luggage.

Here's another Anthem [and all fleet I suppose] question:

I want to use OBC to purchase a shore excursion. However if I try to reserve it on line they want my credit card info so I would guess they will charge the card.

My quandary is if I wait till I board, what if the excursion is sold out?

It is only for trans to Universal Studios and I would need to buy my park ticket directly from Universal as the ship doesn't offer a Trans/Park Ticket excursion.

HLR

PS...I would guess they take these tracking tags back when they deliver the luggage...that would be a lot of tags!

Here's another Anthem [and all fleet I suppose] question:

I want to use OBC to purchase a shore excursion. However if I try to reserve it on line they want my credit card info so I would guess they will charge the card.

My quandary is if I wait till I board, what if the excursion is sold out?

It is only for trans to Universal Studios and I would need to buy my park ticket directly from Universal as the ship doesn't offer a Trans/Park Ticket excursion.

HLR

PS...I would guess they take these tracking tags back when they deliver the luggage...that would be a lot of tags!

That's the risk you take waiting until you are onboard to book an excursion.

They do hold back a certain percentage of excursion slots for onboard booking, so if you do decide to take the risk, go to the excursion desk as soon as you board to book it.

Yes, the porters put the tag on, but they no longer have the feature enabled. We were on Anthem 2 weeks ago and my luggage had arrived when the room was available, but not DH's. I tried to find the feature on the app, and on the TV to no avail. Finally went to Guest Services where we were told they no longer have the tracking feature. They have until 8PM to deliver your luggage.

I think this feature of the Royal iQ app has been iffy for quite some time. When we were on the Anthem TA last fall, the luggage tracking feature did not work. The porters had put the RFID tags on our luggage, and we had the Royal iQ app on our phones, and the luggage tracking was activated, but it never showed that our bags were on board, never said they had been brought up to our deck, but then showed them "delivered' to our cabin at 2pm, which was not correct (we were there at the time). No bags at all. The bags showed up about two hours later. Others on our crossing experienced similar issues. I didn't care, it seemed like a gimmick to me.

I thought the rest of the Royal iQ app was quite useful, however.