Jazz on Liberty?

Wilson

Very little live music at all. Jazz is unlikely in any event

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Of course, other than the band on the pool deck, the band in Boleros, the main band that supports the singers and dancers- for that matter the singers and dancers, the piano player in the schooner bar, the guitar player who is around the ship, etc.

Yea, no live music at all.

There will likely be a jazz night someplace, but it's more pop jazz. It's not bad, but more of a fixed schedule of music.

Of course, other than the band on the pool deck, the band in Boleros, the main band that supports the singers and dancers- for that matter the singers and dancers, the piano player in the schooner bar, the guitar player who is around the ship, etc.

Yea, no live music at all.

There will likely be a jazz night someplace, but it's more pop jazz. It's not bad, but more of a fixed schedule of music.

Totally agree, many places for live music every eveining.

Our experience has been that the orchestra will play a jazz set in some venue at least once per cruise.

As I suspected, but wanted confirmation from our CC friends. We didn't look for jazz in April since we spent every night in the Hoof & Claw watching Derek Lewis. Unfortunately he will not be on the ship.

Thank you for the replies.

As I suspected, but wanted confirmation from our CC friends. We didn't look for jazz in April since we spent every night in the Hoof & Claw watching Derek Lewis. Unfortunately he will not be on the ship.

Thank you for the replies.

Wilson, we know plenty of places for Jazz in Dallas if your interested we listen to live music every weekend

Wilson, we know plenty of places for Jazz in Dallas if your interested we listen to live music every weekend

Nice. The wife has just now started listening and would love to sit and listen while drinking some wine. I am an old 80's rocker, but appreciate the talent that the jazz musicians offer.

Also...still don't have confirmation on the 29th party. Hope to confirm in the next couple of days or pull it off the calendar.

We went to a "jazz" event in September, the band was OK, the singer was... bad. We left 5-10 minutes after they started.

From the 9/14/2016 Liberty Compass under the music and dancing section:

Cabaret Jazz Night with your Royal Caribbean Singers and the Liberty of the Seas Orchestra

8:30pm-9:30pm Star Lounge, Deck 5

If I recall correctly, they started about 10 minutes late.

Disagree that other posters that there was little live music on Liberty. There were options every night, just maybe not what you are looking for. Bubba Feathers Band played C&W every night, as you'd expect out of Texas. Schooner piano bar had Phil Anderson most nights. They did some musical shows in the lounge, one was a Guitar legend set, and another was show tunes. There was a very talented guitar player from Brazil (part of the ships band) that would play sets in Boleros and the Schooner Bar. There was also a guitar player in the pub, but he never drew in much of a crowd. And there was also a band that played in Boleros many evenings, mostly Latin dance.

We watched live music in more than one venue every night, just not much, if any, Jazz.

Disagree that other posters that there was little live music on Liberty. There were options every night, just maybe not what you are looking for. Bubba Feathers Band played C&W every night, as you'd expect out of Texas. Schooner piano bar had Phil Anderson most nights. They did some musical shows in the lounge, one was a Guitar legend set, and another was show tunes. There was a very talented guitar player from Brazil (part of the ships band) that would play sets in Boleros and the Schooner Bar. There was also a guitar player in the pub, but he never drew in much of a crowd. And there was also a band that played in Boleros many evenings, mostly Latin dance.

We watched live music in more than one venue every night, just not much, if any, Jazz.

It all depends on what week you cruise, I hope I never see Phil Anderson again but many people love him and he draws big crowds (he is one of the few piano players that we will always avoid), but Derek Lewis has much larger crowds when he is in the Pub and most people think he is great. But in general there is lots of music on this ship, you may or may not like. I liked that Boleros had both the country and Latin bands