Harmony Transatlantic LIVE-With a Twist! 10/23/16-11/5/16

John, actually there are two. As you know heavy lens on DSLR's get really cold in the cabins so they fog quickly when you take them out in humidity. You have to go up much earlier and let lens and camera warm up slowly or a second solution is they actually make little warmers to go in camera bag when closed to keep it from getting so cold overnight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks, I've tried the early thing. 😱

Will look into a warmer. I've also taken a few good sunrises by staying inside the cabin. That works with a long lens.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

There is no Concierge Lounge on Harmony, just a Suite Lounge for Pinnacles and GS guests and higher

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you for the reply, We'll be in a Royal Family Suite so was just wondering with the sea pass cards not available until you get access to the room ~1:00pm...how would one get access to the Suite Lounge or the Suite Sun Deck if you don't get cards until after 1:00?...would you use the 'Set-Sail' Pass?

Thanks for any info on this :-)

Thank you for the reply, We'll be in a Royal Family Suite so was just wondering with the sea pass cards not available until you get access to the room ~1:00pm...how would one get access to the Suite Lounge or the Suite Sun Deck if you don't get cards until after 1:00?...would you use the 'Set-Sail' Pass?

You can use your setsailpass to make purcases before 1:00, so it should also give you access to the lounge I guess?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

My issues:

1. I pre ordered the soda package. Took until late sunday night to get my cup - got a different answer each person we talked to and it took several calls to guest services. I think I will not pre order for January cruise - just walk on and buy cup. I know, I can get drinks at the bars, but I don't do straight coke or whatnot....

This won't be a one off as I had the same issue on Explorer once. It won't be just me but for the whole ship as the coke cups weren't delivered until like day 3 of that cruise. But by day 2 I went to GS asking for my cup as I thought they might have missed me out and GS gave me a cup but it turned out they didn't start delivering until day 3 as I saw them doing the delivery. I ended with 2 cups.

My camera always fogs up in the morning. Any suggestions?
Wrap it in a towel and store it either in a drawer or the wardrobe cabinet. This way the lens will not be too cold so when you go out into the moist sea air it won't fog up. That has worked for me.

Yeah...the temp transition in the early morning for sunrise photos can sometimes be a challenge.

On our Alaska, Mediterranean, and Caribbean cruises...the morning temps were all different of course.

The towel method is a good general solution. I also have a nice small microfiber camera lens towel in my camera bag...wipe it once and its good.

Hi Gordon. Thank you all for doing this live thread! I've got a D8 (6584) booked for next March. Can you possibly take pictures of it (not mine, yours) for me? Would love to see how small :rolleyes: the balcony is.

TIA! And enjoy your cruise!

D8 cabin 7278

1acd378d273709c46a8265facf9f24f6.jpg

749c7fea18d3538c7b5965ff6431c06c.jpg

ba353a58d7abb76dadcbc2139dc30b1a.jpg

cdfd99c2b37130c16fdb9cc57b9ab2b9.jpg

486b1f087fec9b4bb5ab5350a19ac964.jpg

Hope this helps.

Gordon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Naaahhh.....

There are plenty of us non-slackers on the upper deck of cruises for sunrises taking pictures. ;):D

Just kidding. Here is a sunrise from Allure TA last year taken from walking track. It is sunrise and has the time stamp to prove it.

a0974352178ccb5f5d9c7ce4b8c43fad.jpg

Gordon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just knock on the door of the SL or CK. I was on the CK side and CK hostess would ask if they were in a suite, then let suite guests in. Not sure there will be anyone around to help with the suite sun deck.

Sent from my iPad using Forums