Best way to get a table for two

wikoffclan

Hi, I don't know about other's dining experiences with the table for just 2, but my husband and I are seated so close to the 2 top to the left and right of us, we might as well just have had a table for 4.

Just a heads up:).

^ Quoting above as it is the truth! You will be closer to the next table than NJ is to PA.

The reason why the tablecloths were taken away was so they could move the tables for 2 closer together! :D;)

But as others have said, talk to the maitre-d' soon as you're on the ship, just don't expect a "private" table.

You are very welcome. For what it's worth; We were told to e-mail the week before you sail, that is when they start working on the next sailing seating, anything before that could get lost and forgotten about....Don't know for a fact, but it has worked for us. Have a great time.

Again thank you! I will send a follow up!!

Hi, I don't know about other's dining experiences with the table for just 2, but my husband and I are seated so close to the 2 top to the left and right of us, we might as well just have had a table for 4.

Just a heads up:).

What kills me is that we often ask for a table for two, get one that is two to four inches from another table, and then someone else sits in the other table and starts to chat it up all during dinner. Why did THEY ask for a table for two if they did not want privacy?

I have a bad Gluten problem so we try to get a table for 2. We have always e-mailed the Maitre-D one week before we sailed and have been lucky enough to have a table for two. Each ship has a different email set up for the Maitre-D

It was something more like this emailing the maitre d' :

xxmaitred(at)carnival.com replacing the first 2 letters with the correct letters for your ship)

CQ Conquest

DE Destiny

DR Dream

EC Ecstacy

FA Fantasy

FS Fascination

FD Freedom

GL Glory

IM Imagination

IS Inspiration

LE Legend

LI Liberty

MI Miracle

PA Paradise

SE Sensation

SP Spirit

SL Splendor

TI Triumph

VA Valor

VI Victory

Hope this helps

Where is The Breeze?

What kills me is that we often ask for a table for two, get one that is two to four inches from another table, and then someone else sits in the other table and starts to chat it up all during dinner. Why did THEY ask for a table for two if they did not want privacy?

They may not have asked for it, but were just assigned. DH and I enjoy having tablemates, but have been assigned to a table for two on more than one occasion.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They may not have asked for it, but were just assigned. DH and I enjoy having tablemates, but have been assigned to a table for two on more than one occasion.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Good point; I never thought of that. I know that we sound unsocial, but my wife and I both work, and seldom have time for a dinner together with just the two of us. It is one of the things that make cruising so special to us.

• 4 weeks later...

I called Carnival back in June to request our table for two due to my wife's severe cinnamon allergy (requires an epipen, doesn't even have to eat it, just being near it can cause hives.) They said it was no problem, and sure enough we had Table 536 for 2 at the 8:15 seating. The dining room staff was very accommodating, even brought out the next day's menu the night before so she could order in advance to prevent cross contamination.

I have a bad Gluten problem so we try to get a table for 2. We have always e-mailed the Maitre-D one week before we sailed and have been lucky enough to have a table for two. Each ship has a different email set up for the Maitre-D

It was something more like this emailing the maitre d' :

xxmaitred(at)carnival.com replacing the first 2 letters with the correct letters for your ship)

CQ Conquest

DE Destiny

DR Dream

EC Ecstacy

FA Fantasy

FS Fascination

FD Freedom

GL Glory

IM Imagination

IS Inspiration

LE Legend

LI Liberty

MI Miracle

PA Paradise

SE Sensation

SP Spirit

SL Splendor

TI Triumph

VA Valor

VI Victory

Hope this helps

Same with us. Since being diagnosed in 2007 I have found it just a whole lot easier to get a table for 2 than to try to explain it to people. No, it is not an allergy. It is an autoimmune disease. And I am sick of explaining that it is not a lifestyle choice and that even a teeny bit of gluten will make me sick for days.

I always e-mail the Maitre'D. Since we have sailed many of the ships multiple times I have the table numbers for tables that we loved and I ask for them. Because this has been an issue for nearly 10 years for us, we have gotten to know the Maitre'D on many ships. They always give me a card and tell me to please let them know when we will be sailing with them again. Being Diamond helps too!

I email the Maitre'd we did get a table for 2 but we were so close to the table for 4 you might as well say we had a table for 6 lol:D either way we did have a good time.

imagine those tables of 6 (that are really 3 tables for 2) and getting stuck in the middle. I hated that dining that week)

I dont see booths on the vista

Edited by serene56

I emailed the maitre'd on Glory Monday to request a table for two. We leave this Saturday. He opened the email but I never got a response? I will probably go the dining room when we board to make sure we did indeed get a table for 2.

This is such a hot topic and for the life of me I can't figure out why when you book the cruise you can't get a table for two without going through all this BS.

I will say that my DH and I have done early, late and ATD. We really like ATD as far as eating when we want to eat BUT when you ask for a table for 2 you are right next to another table for two. Inches between you. It's truly not a table for 2. If you get assigned dining (at least we had this happen) the tables for two were def farther apart. They are still in the middle of the dining room but nowhere near as close as YTD room.

as I said in a previous post, we never experienced any BS, never wrote or called ahead. We were always offered a table for 2. Yes, the tables are close and it's hard not to hear your neighbors conversation. We just mind our own business. One of our neighbors we became friends with, not a bad thing.