Murano and 3 dinners package questions

FlamingJune1967

We are celebrating our 30th anniversary on the last day of our December cruise onboard Eclipse. We would love to dine at Murano on that night. I have 3 questions for any of you with experience:

1) Is the last night a popular one for specialty restaurants? (i.e. would they run a special for that night?)

2) We are considering the 3 dinner package, but I understand that the first one is chosen for you. I wouldn't mind if it was Qsine or Tuscan, but if they schedule us for Murano, can we swap for one of the other restaurants? I know I have read on CC that you can, but has this actually happened with any of you?

3) Does booking the 3 dinner special on board allow for more flexibility? (i.e. choice?)

oh - and bonus question(s) :rolleyes: Do we pay taxes on pre-purchased dining packages? And does the listed price include gratuity?

Thanks for taking the time to answer!

You can always book the 3 dinner package ahead of time or while onboard.

If you book it ahead of time, you can always call to choose night #1 or #2 and your choice of restaurant ... but be aware they might change it anyway to whatever they think it should be. For this reason alone, and if there is no savings by booking ahead of time, just book once you board but do it right away to make sure you get the restaurants you want on the dates you want. I think you will still need to pick either of the first two nights for your first dinner, though.

From my experience, and it doesn't mean this happens on every cruise, the last night gets booked quickly and we've never seen a deal offered for that night. I am not saying it doesn't happen, but it hasn't on the cruises on which we've sailed. The menu in the MDR is just not all that great in my opinion and maybe in other's opinion as well. :confused:

Just make your bookings as soon as you board ... I cannot stress that enough. You should have no problem getting the restaurants / dates you want that way.

We have had a few memorable meals in Murano's, hope you have a wonderful cruise and a great anniversary meal.

If you have not visited Murano's before make sure at least one of you orders something prepared tableside, nothing like a bit of flambé theatre to make a meal even more special! Also make sure they know it is your anniversary and I am sure they will look after you.

We have waited till on board to buy the pkg the last 3 cruise. We don't get it at one of the tables selling them, we go to the reservation desk at Murano. They have been a lot more helpful at getting us the day and time we wanted for each dinner.

The 3 night pkg has been the same, $98, as if we pre purchased it.

On our last 4 cruises we've had large OBC, so opted to book specialty dining once onboard. We generally book first night since they usually offer a large discount that night, and have not found a problem getting reservations on the nights we wanted in the restaurants we wanted. As the cruise goes on the discounts have gotten bigger, and we've gotten great deals. In fact last cruise in Feb. (Caribbean) we did better than the package and ate in Murano2X and Tuscan once. They will book you on the package into Murano only once since it is the most expensive. If you want to book it for your anniversary dinner, do it as soon as you board first thing. There's usually someone from each of the specialty restaurants right in the center of the ship on embarkation day. Happy anniversary and happy travels. 61 days to go....I think we're shipmates. (Think I saw your posts on the roll call.:) The lobster flambe is awesome and prepared tableside for a little drama and the service is wonderful.

On our last 4 cruises we've had large OBC, so opted to book specialty dining once onboard. We generally book first night since they usually offer a large discount that night, and have not found a problem getting reservations on the nights we wanted in the restaurants we wanted. As the cruise goes on the discounts have gotten bigger, and we've gotten great deals. In fact last cruise in Feb. (Caribbean) we did better than the package and ate in Murano2X and Tuscan once. They will book you on the package into Murano only once since it is the most expensive. If you want to book it for your anniversary dinner, do it as soon as you board first thing. There's usually someone from each of the specialty restaurants right in the center of the ship on embarkation day. Happy anniversary and happy travels. 61 days to go....I think we're shipmates. (Think I saw your posts on the roll call.:) The lobster flambe is awesome and prepared tableside for a little drama and the service is wonderful.

Yes, we are shipmates! I've been a little obsessed with CC ever since we booked - lol! Probably over preparing, but I find a lot of enjoyment in the planning. The more I see of Celebrity, the more excited I get. The Eclipse appears to be a beautiful ship!

Yes, we are shipmates! I've been a little obsessed with CC ever since we booked - lol! Probably over preparing, but I find a lot of enjoyment in the planning. The more I see of Celebrity, the more excited I get. The Eclipse appears to be a beautiful ship!

I agree! Planning is fun. I think you'll enjoy Celebrity. The nice little touches are small, but make sooo much difference.

The more I see of Celebrity, the more excited I get. The Eclipse appears to be a beautiful ship!

We were on the Freedom OTS in Sept 2011, and our DD was on the CD staff on the Monarch in 2004.

I agree! Planning is fun. I think you'll enjoy Celebrity. The nice little touches are small, but make sooo much difference.

I agree a second time! The Celebrity on ship experience is second to none in the mass market cruise lines.

EW

It must depend on where you are visiting on our Med cruise this year there was only one offer of discount and that was Silk Harvest. We had booked a three night package and arranged times when we first boarded, when we decided to take further meals we struggled to get times we wanted around 8pm and could not get in to Muranos or Tuscan grill at all on one of the nights we wanted.

Y Probably over preparing, but I find a lot of enjoyment in the planning.

No such thing as over preparing ... especially if you are enjoying it. My last cruise, just a few days ago, I didn't plan much at all and found myself never really seeing half the ship. I was going to go to the Captain's Club host to make sure I wasn't missing anything and never got around to it. I felt like something was missing ... it was really only my lack of planning that was missing. :D