Holland America Line Privileges Question

FATJACK

My wife, granddaughter, and I will be taking a four night cruise out of Vancouver this October 18 to San Diego. I just received a notification from HA stating that by visiting with a Holland America Line Privileges Concierge we would receive a free gift. Does anyone know what this program is and what the free gift is? Any information on this would be welcome as I would like to make wise choices as to how to spend my valuable time on such a short cruise.

Thanks for the link. It looks like I'll pass, but now I'll have to spend the time trying to explain to my spouse that we will have better things to do than attend to including doing nothing.

Thanks for the link. It looks like I'll pass, but now I'll have to spend the time trying to explain to my spouse that we will have better things to do than attend to including doing nothing.

Just let her read the thread. I'm sure she'll come to the same conclusion.

See you onboard, one week from today!!!

• 3 months later...

Hi:

I joined in Sept 2016 and was sold something very different than was presented to me. The HA sales person was not very well versed on the HA Privileges program. My recommendation is to STAY AWAY!

I am very disappointed and have shared my experience with the HA Privileges customer service team. They concluded that the program was in its infancy when I had joined and the "wrinkles have been ironed out" since Sept 2016. Obviously, this does not help me at this point in time. As I said, not worth the time or money. STAY AWAY. I am now head of the HA Privileges SALES PREVENTION TEAM. My objective is to inform those who are considering the program and steer them away from making the same mistake as I have.

My wife, granddaughter, and I will be taking a four night cruise out of Vancouver this October 18 to San Diego. I just received a notification from HA stating that by visiting with a Holland America Line Privileges Concierge we would receive a free gift. Does anyone know what this program is and what the free gift is? Any information on this would be welcome as I would like to make wise choices as to how to spend my valuable time on such a short cruise.

One of the free gifts previously noted was a 'selfie stick'. This program will cost you approximately $2000.

This HAL Privileges is an affiliate of International Cruises and Excursions AKA ICE.

Here is the Better Business Bureau page for ICE. The customer rating is 4% neutral and 96% negative.

https://www.bbb.org/phoenix/business-reviews/travel-clubs/international-cruise-excursion-gallery-inc-in-scottsdale-az-36004895

This program has absolutely nothing to do with Holland. There just a scam company who rents space on Holland ships.

Run away.

• 1 month later...
Hi:

I joined in Sept 2016 and was sold something very different than was presented to me. The HA sales person was not very well versed on the HA Privileges program. My recommendation is to STAY AWAY!

I am very disappointed and have shared my experience with the HA Privileges customer service team. They concluded that the program was in its infancy when I had joined and the "wrinkles have been ironed out" since Sept 2016. Obviously, this does not help me at this point in time. As I said, not worth the time or money. STAY AWAY. I am now head of the HA Privileges SALES PREVENTION TEAM. My objective is to inform those who are considering the program and steer them away from making the same mistake as I have.

I just posted the following on another thread, we thought it was a HAL program and since we eat out, travel and shop online, what that heck..let's do it.

Good luck as the "Head" of the Sale Prevention Team. May you steer a lot of our friends in the right direction:)

"We bought into this but are canceling. There is a 30 day cancellation period. I got a call (on answering machine) fro HAL Priv stating they received my notice but would like to go over some "things" to finalize it. Called back and got a runaround so had to leave voicemail. Waiting for callback. The contract states you may cancel without any reason for doing so (as long as you are within 30 days). This might be a good program for those that do resorts/timeshares, shop on line at "member approved sites", eat at select restaurants (by purchasing gift cards for those restaurants from HAL Priv)....etc.

We've been cruising for 30+ years, it's our type of getaway. We don't do resorts, don't fly, don't really want gift cards in my wallet in case we eat at one of their restaurants...you get the point.

A contract is a contract so we should get our $1950+ back and will just put it towards our next HAL cruise...if we have a hassle getting a refund, well there are a lot of other choices out there."