On Board wireless

If I get one of the wireless options on board (value probably), I can get emails, get on face book etc., without a charge from my cell phone carrier, but that wouldn't have anything to do with texting and making/receiving phone calls, right?

Would I also be able to use my laptop on board the same as anywhere else where wifi is available.

Thanks!!

If I get one of the wireless options on board (value probably), I can get emails, get on face book etc., without a charge from my cell phone carrier, but that wouldn't have anything to do with texting and making/receiving phone calls, right?

Would I also be able to use my laptop on board the same as anywhere else where wifi is available.

Thanks!!

correct but it will be slower than you are used to

Thanks!!

Yes, just make sure you put your phone into airplane mode!

I'm a Sprint user and found this on their website: "Wi-Fi Calling is a service for Android and iOS smartphones providing the ability to make and receive phone calls over a Wi-Fi connection. It's simple to use with no separate application or log-in required. Wi-Fi calling is a free service when calling to a US, US Virgin Islands, or Puerto Rico number. International rates still apply for international numbers."

Yes, but just be prepared for speeds that are slower than dial up use to be.

None of the ships I have been on with the new wi-fi are that slow. I certainly knew I wasn't on my home wi-fi, but it was very acceptable using the standard package, not even the premium speed. My phone showed peak speed of 1.3Mbps with sustained speed of 0.8Mbps even in middle of the day on the Dream using just the standard package.

Hi,

IF you download Whats App(for free) and the people you want to call also have Whats App on their phones you can

call or text them from anywhere in the world for free using the wifi on your phone.

I did that last year from Japan to the USA.

I'm a Sprint user and found this on their website: "Wi-Fi Calling is a service for Android and iOS smartphones providing the ability to make and receive phone calls over a Wi-Fi connection. It's simple to use with no separate application or log-in required. Wi-Fi calling is a free service when calling to a US, US Virgin Islands, or Puerto Rico number. International rates still apply for international numbers."

This doesn't work with Carnival's wifi ... from their website:

All plans exclude video streaming (such as Netflix or Hulu) and Snapchat. Cellular-network-dependent WiFi Calling and Facetime services are also not supported at this time. Printing is offered at no charge.