How will YC on Seaside be different?

mafig

Since the Yacht Club on Seaside will be larger, offering larger family suites, and also insides, do you think the atmosphere of the Yacht Club will change?

I haven't been in the YC yet (sailing on Divina soon), but one of the reasons I booked it was because I kept reading all the complaints about unruly children (and adults) in the Haven on NCL.

NCL does a lot of "upselling" to the Haven. Maybe that's why.

However, in reading some posts here, it appears MSC does the same.

With a larger area to fill, do you anticipate a different experience?

I've been in the Haven twice and never had any issue with unruly adults or children. My kids were extremely well-behaved, and were loved on by the staff and other passengers in the Haven.

In my opinion, some people let little things ruin their time. There are cruise lines that seem to cater to a more adults-only crowd, but NCL (and it appears the new Seaside) don't fall in that category.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have been in the Divina YC twice and never had a problem with children. Our last cruise there were less than 5 children who were very well behaved with their parents at their sides at all times.

We have been in the Divina YC twice and never had a problem with children. Our last cruise there were less than 5 children who were very well behaved with their parents at their sides at all times.

Thank you. That's why we booked Divina for ourselves in the Yacht Club.

However, I was asking for thoughts on Seaside which will be a larger area, with larger suite capacities for families.

Thank you. That's why we booked Divina for ourselves in the Yacht Club.

However, I was asking for thoughts on Seaside which will be a larger area, with larger suite capacities for families.

Hi mafig,

I just booked the Yacht Club on the Seaside today. They have inside suites at a great rate March, 2018. Curiosity has me by the throat, as I've looked at MSC before, but never really considered booking. This will be another first for us!:)

I will be looking for your insights concerning everything Yacht Club on the Divina. Like you, we've been Celebrity people since 1994.

Enjoy!

Kel:D

Since the Yacht Club on Seaside will be larger, offering larger family suites, and also insides, do you think the atmosphere of the Yacht Club will change?

Hard to tell without having been on Seaside. ;)

YC in Fantasia Class afaik has 71-73 cabins, Seaside will get 86 YC cabins. I understand the Seaside YC area will also take more space on the ship, so I don't think it will be more crowded.

• 7 months later...
Deck 18 forward shows a VIP Restaurant.

So does Deck 16 (but do not see a Deck 17 shown).

Do you know what deck the actual Yacht Club Proper with pool, bar will be located?

I'm looking to book a Yacht Club Deluxe Suite for 2019 and my options are Deck 16 and Deck 18 but

as I do with the Haven, I want to be right in the actual Yacht Club (if that is something possible).

I sail NCL in Haven and looking forward to trying MSC Yacht Club. The same weekend I priced NCL Bliss Spa Haven (since I THINK I would also get spa access with my MSC Yacht Club, please let me know if I'm incorrect), which is the least expensive Haven cabins and that is $9,772 for two people (with unlimited alcohol and specialty dining "included") and the Getaway, same category for $7521. The Yacht Club is $4200.

Thank you.

Edited by js

So does Deck 16 (but do not see a Deck 17 shown).

The Italians are superstitious about the number 17 like we are with the number 13 hence you won't find a deck 17, or for that matter, any cabin numbers ending in 17, on MSC ships.

With YC you get free access to the Thermal Suite which comprises of sauna, steam room and relaxation lounge

There is a great Technical Sheet on the Seaside, but it is a PDF and is 4 Meg in size so can not be uploaded here. It has 10 pages of ship detail. It is from the MSC Academy training site for Travel agents, so is not readily available as a URL. So not sure how I could get it to anyone.

The Italians are superstitious about the number 17 like we are with the number 13 hence you won't find a deck 17, or for that matter, any cabin numbers ending in 17, on MSC ships.

With YC you get free access to the Thermal Suite which comprises of sauna, steam room and relaxation lounge

Thank you so much! This is perfect to hear! I appreciate your letting me know!

There is a great Technical Sheet on the Seaside, but it is a PDF and is 4 Meg in size so can not be uploaded here. It has 10 pages of ship detail. It is from the MSC Academy training site for Travel agents, so is not readily available as a URL. So not sure how I could get it to anyone.

Thank you. Would you please be anle to look at your ship details and let me know if Deck 16 has the actual Yacht Club bar, pool, restaurant? Or, would these be lovated on Deck 18?

What deck is the spa? But, I want to book this week but want to be in the actual Yacht Club proper.

Thank you so much!

Thank you. Would you please be anle to look at your ship details and let me know if Deck 16 has the actual Yacht Club bar, pool, restaurant? Or, would these be lovated on Deck 18?

What deck is the spa? But, I want to book this week but want to be in the actual Yacht Club proper.

Thank you so much!

Deck 16 - Concierge desk and Bar

Deck 18 - Restaurant

Deck 19 - all outside - pool, bar, small buffet

All are within the Yacht Club. If you book a Yacht Club cabin on deck 16 or 18, you will be within the YC. There is an elevator that will take you to the spa. And a dedicated elevator within YC that only accesses the 3 decks.

Thank you so much!

The post above this one outlines what is on each Y/C deck.

The Yacht Club on MSC is not like the Haven on the NCL "away" class ships.

The pool is not enclosed within the ship like the Haven pool. It is the entire forward portion of the top most deck.

The cabin areas are the decks below. With the Lounge or Restaurant (Seaside) at the forward portion of their respective decks.

The Spa is located directly below the Y/C on deck 8. The current build plans show a dedicated elevator between the Y/C and the Spa like on the Divina.

Edited by WYTinman

I haven't been in the YC yet (sailing on Divina soon), but one of the reasons I booked it was because I kept reading all the complaints about unruly children (and adults) in the Haven on NCL.

NCL does a lot of "upselling" to the Haven. Maybe that's why.

However, in reading some posts here, it appears MSC does the same.

With a larger area to fill, do you anticipate a different experience?

mafig,

My experience with unruly children in the Haven was mainly confined to the pool. Being that the pool area dominates the Haven area and being indoors, a group on loud children can affect a large number of passengers that are trying to enjoy the adjoining areas.

The interior portion of the Y/C doesn't have the same appeal to children that the pool deck has. Thus, other than the One pool, the rest of the Y/C should be calm.

JS,

Send me an email and I will email you the 10 page technical sheet on the Seaside.

Pflanz at Pflanz dot com

Thank you so much!

joy dot stapleton at wagner dot edu

Deck 16 - Concierge desk and Bar

Deck 18 - Restaurant

Deck 19 - all outside - pool, bar, small buffet

All are within the Yacht Club. If you book a Yacht Club cabin on deck 16 or 18, you will be within the YC. There is an elevator that will take you to the spa. And a dedicated elevator within YC that only accesses the 3 decks.

Thank you.

Given above, I guess I would want to be on Deck 16 since there will be cabins above me on Deck 18.

I will book later today or tomorrow. Thank you for all your help.

Will the Seaside Yacht Club be close to or more superior than other ships? I'm looking forward to trying another line for half the price of the Haven. What is the average age on the ship? I'm 50.

Here ya go!!! Not the greatest of quality but that's what happens when you try and convert a pdf to jpeg images,, The addition of the Top Sail Lounge outdoor area on top of the bridge is definitely going to be my favorite spot in the Yacht Club!!!

TECHNICAL_SHEET_MSC_SEASIDE_rev_Page_01_zpsksjxiwnt.jpg

TECHNICAL_SHEET_MSC_SEASIDE_rev_Page_04_zpsqvvdqdgy.jpg

JS,

Send me an email and I will email you the 10 page technical sheet on the Seaside.

Pflanz at Pflanz dot com

HI there

Great information on the Seaside😀

Totally understanding that she has not sailed yet and things may change.

We just booked 16037 for March 2019, got a fabulous rate for the 3 of us,

Was a no brainer and at 1/2 the price of an equivalent sailing in one of the Oasis Class ships with Star Class!

We are very interested in all the offerings of YC and the lay of the land w.r.t the services we shall be indulging in for a new experience away from RC

Do you know if there is priority boarding as in greeted and met by Concierge or Butler on embarkation day. And allowable access to stateroom ahead of normal cabin opening times.

We are getting free wifi, some OBC and Unlimited drinks.

Question on drinks, will this be exclusive to YC areas or shipwide inclusive of speciality restaurants.

Are you able to have drinks delivered to stateroom or is there a minibar setup?

We are D+ with a fair few cruises sailed in Suites, so looking forward to the YC experience and all it has to offer.

If you would be so kind to mail me the PDF doc, would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Graham