Old coffee cards

cruiselvr1

On presenting the card the first time, if the barista is doing his/her job properly, they would then write your voyage info on the back of the card. The card would then be good for fresh-brewed coffee for the rest of the voyage. I have also found that, on every Princess cruise I have taken, the people at IC knew me after the first visit. They never asked to see my card as they already had me in their memory as someone who had a card. I find the staff to be nothing short of amazing.

Thrak, good take, and you're absolutely right for those who drink brewed coffees..

But I for one only use my card only for expresso based coffees as it was originally intended and never ask for or drink the brewed coffee at the IC, so I don't want the date and ship written on the back of my card.

I own the card and since I'm not asking for anything free and the card is valid for future cruise til all the punches are used, I always respectfully ask not for them not to write or date my card , it's my personal choice, and I expect it to be honored. It's only then on occasion that I've encountered that some, not all baristas, take a attitude as if I'm trying game the system somehow, which I personally don't appreciate. I posted earlier on this thread that the Royal and the Regal seem to garner the most of these barista negative attitudes in policing the coffee cards, which I generally have not encountered on other ships

On short 7 day cruises I always trade the mini-bar for cards, and probably have 15 or more new cards I haven't used yet, and simply don't want a bunch of partially used cards with ships and dates written on them and if I ever need to order a brewed coffee I have no problem using a extra punch..

I certainly agree with you that most of the staff are amazing

Srpilo

If you only use the card for fancy coffee drinks it doesn't matter at all if they write the voyage info on the card. It will still be good on all future voyages for punched drinks until all spots have been punched.

I found two coffee cards from previous cruises. One from the Star Princess April '15 states "Unused specialty coffees redeemable on next voyage. Complimentary coffee and tea only applicable to voyage of purchase". That card has 3 unused punches:) The other card has to be "old" because its the Jack of Java card. It states " Present this card when receiving your specialty coffee and your server will punch a hole into one of the crowns". This card has4 unused punches. We are going on a 10 day cruise on the Royal 11/6, these cards will come in handy. The card from the Star is stating that its the Star and the voyage number. The Jack of Java card only has printing about the card on the back.

So glad I read this post. I guess I'll save a few $$$ before purchasing another card. Thanks everyone and have a good day.

Edited by Sea and Me

I have one or two unused coffee cards in the old style. They aren't punched and have no voyage info on the back. I won't need them on my next couple of booked cruises as I booked under the Sip n Sail promo but, when I do take another cruise and want to use them I won't be taking "no" for an answer.

The description of the card says:

"Enjoy 15 espresso-based hot or cold specialty coffee drinks with complimentary brewed coffee and premium tea for the duration

of your cruise."

Where does it say unused cards are good for brewed

coffee after 'your cruise'?

I usually trade the mini bar setup for 2 coffee cards. Lately,

the cards arrive with the voyage marked -- about half the time.

This certainly eliminates ambiguity.

I don't really understand the issue -- if they want a punch

for brewed coffee -- from a card that I received for free

-- my head it not going to blow up over it.

Another coffee forum! I'm like Thrak. 1 punch, they know me, I try to be very nice to them and they never look again. Same with MDR, go down when maitre'd shows up, ask for coffee and he will fill it rest of cruise if he has a minute. Just be very polite and humble.