Current Sun Princess drinks prices Australia.

balcony bill

Hi, we are on the Sun Princess in December, and trying to find the current prices of drinks onboard to see if a drinks package is viable. Also, do the prices include service charges etc.

Prices for spirits, beers would be appreciated.:)

The All Inclusive Beverage Package includes almost everything on the ship. That means that, apart from 5 wines at Vines and 2 premium liquor offerings, EVERYTHING is under $10.

The AIPB includes any drink under $10 and it includes the 15% gratuity (not part of the $10 cost). Drinks on Princess are therefore, almost exclusively, $10 or less.

Edited by Thrak

The All Inclusive Beverage Package includes almost everything on the ship. That means that, apart from 5 wines at Vines and 2 premium liquor offerings, EVERYTHING is under $10.

The AIPB includes any drink under $10 and it includes the 15% gratuity (not part of the $10 cost). Drinks on Princess are therefore, almost exclusively, $10 or less.

Thanks for the info about the AIDP, but I was after the current price of drinks onboard if you do not have a drinks package, i.e beer, glass of wine, gin and tonic etc.that you actually mark on to your cruise card, pay as you go.:)

Cheers

Sun Princess is most likely charging for drinks based on the Australian dollar. I've heard that it's slightly more expensive than the ships that are US dollar based. Maybe check out the Australian boards or your roll call? Someone there should know. :)

Thanks for the info about the AIDP, but I was after the current price of drinks onboard if you do not have a drinks package, i.e beer, glass of wine, gin and tonic etc.that you actually mark on to your cruise card, pay as you go.:)

Cheers

You can check the Beverage Package Evaluator here, post #653:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2038576&page=33

Pricing there is in US, just add about $2-3 for the Australian prices. Prices onboard Sun are in Australian dollars and prices include the gratuities in advertised price, no additional gratuities added to price of drink.

AIBP limits for Australian currency cruises is $14, rather than the $10 on US currency cruises.

Enjoy!!

You can check the Beverage Package Evaluator here, post #653:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2038576&page=33

Pricing there is in US, just add about $2-3 for the Australian prices. Prices onboard Sun are in Australian dollars and prices include the gratuities in advertised price, no additional gratuities added to price of drink.

AIBP limits for Australian currency cruises is $14, rather than the $10 on US currency cruises.

Enjoy!!

Thanks for that, excellent info,exactly what I was looking for!,

Cheers!:)

Cheers

I saw the flyer for the All-Inclusive-Beverage-Package, which is available for Australian cruises of 8 nights or more, which had a single Cocktail price of AUD$14. I have no other confirmed knowledge of the Australian prices as yet.

I am sailing on the Golden Princess 11/11/2016, and intend to get as many prices at each venue as I can, and will post in a Venue, then listing prices and names of drinks format. I am unsure of my ability to create a spreadsheet like the one provided with USD pricing-not strong on the technical side. I could just put the information into a spreadsheet, and not bother with calculations, making sure to note NO CALCULATIONS INCLUDED on this spreadsheet.

HTH. I will have access to the Internet on 14/11/2016, so should be able to input the information for you.

Cheers

My point was that there are almost no drinks over $10. Granted, that is US pricing but it shows that drinks aren't expensive. At one point the person who created the beverage package evaluator was talking about making a version with Oz pricing but I don't think that actually ever came to happen.

Cheers

You can use this beverage package evaluator as a guideline. The prices are in US, so you'd need to add about $2-3 dollars to the price shown to account for currency difference and having gratuity included (unlike US currency ships). But at least it gives you an den:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2038576&page=33.

Post #653 has the current evaluator spreadsheet.

Enjoy.

I saw the flyer for the All-Inclusive-Beverage-Package, which is available for Australian cruises of 8 nights or more, which had a single Cocktail price of AUD$14. I have no other confirmed knowledge of the Australian prices as yet.

I am sailing on the Golden Princess 11/11/2016, and intend to get as many prices at each venue as I can, and will post in a Venue, then listing prices and names of drinks format. I am unsure of my ability to create a spreadsheet like the one provided with USD pricing-not strong on the technical side. I could just put the information into a spreadsheet, and not bother with calculations, making sure to note NO CALCULATIONS INCLUDED on this spreadsheet.

HTH. I will have access to the Internet on 14/11/2016, so should be able to input the information for you.

That would be good, as it will show the actual cost of individual drinks. Look forward to your post, have a great cruise.

• 2 months later...

Unfortunately my planning came to nothing once aboard. I discovered it was so tiring just keeping my balance that researching prices mostly went out the window. Me BAD for not realising this might happen, have always had problems with stamina.

IIRC, the Soda and More package in AUD$7 per day, and a can of Coke-330ml, not 375ml-is AUD$2.55

Am planning to sail again in November, and trying to be more organised!