Sun Princess drinks prices.

Going on Sun Princess in December, does anyone know the current drinks prices please?

I found this article on Golden Princess which seems to have the requested information. Hope I can copy and paste it-not a good techie!

http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=2068

HTH

Edited by crochetcruise

Going on Sun Princess in December, does anyone know the current drinks prices please?

This is our 4th Princess cruise. I can't quote drink prices but there is no question that purchasing one of the drink/beverage/coffee packages is the way to go. You can do this on-board or before on your cruise personaliser. We don't drink alcohol so we purchase 1 unlimited soda package which provides soft drink, mocktails, fruit juices and hot chocolates. Also, if you a couple, just purchase 1 package; most service staff will turn a blind eye and allow you to purchase drinks for both of you...if you order separately and not at the same time.:)

This is our 4th Princess cruise. I can't quote drink prices but there is no question that purchasing one of the drink/beverage/coffee packages is the way to go. You can do this on-board or before on your cruise personaliser. We don't drink alcohol so we purchase 1 unlimited soda package which provides soft drink, mocktails, fruit juices and hot chocolates. Also, if you a couple, just purchase 1 package; most service staff will turn a blind eye and allow you to purchase drinks for both of you...if you order separately and not at the same time.:)

Are the mocktails any good? And is there a range of mocktails? I was also considering the unlimited soda package for my Sun Princess cruise in Jan .(which you're on too lol!)

I found this article on Golden Princess which seems to have the requested information. Hope I can copy and paste it-not a good techie!

http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=2068

HTH

This sounds about right.

I am actually mid cruise on the Sun. She is docked in Cairns today and atm I am out and about and don't have the bar prices on me.

But I know the beer prices start from $5 (some foreign swill I think it was). I am drinking Cascade Premium Light for $5.50. Most are under $7.

Best deal is Happy Hours at the Wheelhouse. Full price plus $1 for the second same drink. So buy one beer full price and for $1 more get a second beer. I have been buying several at a time and getting them left unopened. I keep a few in the fridge for after happy hours. The buy one get one more for a $1 definitely even works for expensive drinks like cocktails (which I think are $13.95). So $14.95 for 2 cocktails. Note too, there have been 2 happy hours per day at the Wheelhouse. 3-4 pm and then later at 9? or 9.30pm for an hour.

I drink some but am not an alcoholic and I couldn't see me getting value for money on the $59 per day drink package (over a 30 day cruise - that is a lot of drinking!)

Yes, we are probably going to purchase when on board, as we have some good OBC and the T/A advises they will use this against the drinks package.

Are the mocktails any good? And is there a range of mocktails? I was also considering the unlimited soda package for my Sun Princess cruise in Jan .(which you're on too lol!)

Hi Ruby Slippers85. The mocktails are really good and there is a good range. Are you on the Roll Call for this cruise?

Look forward to seeing you on the cruise.

Ron & Susie Frankston Victoria

I drink some but am not an alcoholic and I couldn't see me getting value for money on the $59 per day drink package (over a 30 day cruise - that is a lot of drinking!)

We heartily agree with the above. As we are always off the ship for almost the whole day when in ports the most we would have is 2...maybe 3 drinks which would be approximately $45 each. $59 each could be worth it only for sea days but I don't believe you can just purchase 1 day at a time...can you? We are newbies to Princess and looking forward to everything but the set dinner time and tables. We like to be a bit more flexible with our eating arrangements.

Hi Ruby Slippers85. The mocktails are really good and there is a good range. Are you on the Roll Call for this cruise?

Look forward to seeing you on the cruise.

Ron & Susie Frankston Victoria

Great to hear! I'll definitely get the non-alcoholic package then :).

Yep! I'm on the Roll Call! Can't wait!

....Also, if you a couple, just purchase 1 package; most service staff will turn a blind eye and allow you to purchase drinks for both of you...if you order separately and not at the same time.:)

Will that also work if you are a group of 4, 6 or more? Maybe the whole ship can use the one package. I guess there is no limit when it comes to theft!

Also, if you a couple, just purchase 1 package; most service staff will turn a blind eye and allow you to purchase drinks for both of you...if you order separately and not at the same time.:)

You might get away with this on a short cruise (2-3 days) if you went to different bars all the time. However on longer cruises the staff soon get to know you and will quickly realise you are only using one card. Then you run the risk of having your package cancelled with no refund. Also on some ships the bar registers show when your card was last used to purchase a drink so they soon wise up to the pattern on two people sharing one drinks package.

You might get away with this on a short cruise (2-3 days) if you went to different bars all the time. However on longer cruises the staff soon get to know you and will quickly realise you are only using one card. Then you run the risk of having your package cancelled with no refund. Also on some ships the bar registers show when your card was last used to purchase a drink so they soon wise up to the pattern on two people sharing one drinks package.

We have had staff actually suggest we do this. It is done sparingly and on longer cruises.

Do you have to purchase the drink package at the beginning of your cruise or are you able to sign up at any point during the cruise? We are thinking that we have a few sea days at the ends of both of our cruises where the drinks package may be worth our while. Assuming you would need to purchase at least 4 drinks per day, on port days we would definitely not get our money's worth. However, sea days are another matter as our drinks would be spread out throughout the day.

You can only purchase the drinks package on the first or second day of the cruise and you will be charged the daily price times the number of days of the cruise. You cannot just select a few days.

Exactly.

if you could buy just a day here, a day there the price would have to go up dramatically.

Exactly.

if you could buy just a day here, a day there the price would have to go up dramatically.

We knew buying a day here and there would not work but thought we could maybe purchase it for the last few days. We also knew that once we purchased the package it would be for the remainder of the cruise but did not know you had to purchase in early days of the cruise. We will still end up spending way less money on alcoholic drinks by NOT buying the package so not an issue that you can only purchase during the first day or two of the cruise. Thank you for your replies.:)