VA verandah stateroom highest priced - why

imae39

We booked Zuiderdam obstructed ocean view cabin last week. Next day TA called and could upgrade to VA cabin for additional $149 pp. Went for it. Now I read that the verandas are very small and look out on top of lifeboats. Not happy.

Price was $748 pp for the cabin. Doing partial Panama Canal itinerary. When TA called and mentioned VA category I thought great as I know they are listed at top of list with VH at bottom. Hope we are not terribly disappointed. Anyone have one of these cabins?

The only way the lifeboats will interfere with your view is if you are standing up, leaning over the railing and looking straight down.

When sitting on your balcony and looking out at the ocean through the glass railing, you will probably not even see the lifeboats.

Enjoy the view !

We booked Zuiderdam obstructed ocean view cabin last week. Next day TA called and could upgrade to VA cabin for additional $149 pp. Went for it. Now I read that the verandas are very small and look out on top of lifeboats. Not happy.

Price was $748 pp for the cabin. Doing partial Panama Canal itinerary. When TA called and mentioned VA category I thought great as I know they are listed at top of list with VH at bottom. Hope we are not terribly disappointed. Anyone have one of these cabins?

Just to make sure, I understand - you got a steal of deal on a veranda and are having second thoughts? I am sure that the people who paid full price would be happy to switch places with you.

Sounds like a great deal to me :) What am I missing here?

IfI knew your cabin number or location it would help. But Try googling HALCruiserInformation or HALfacts dot com to look at cabins. And remember that vista cabins are usually identical (except for Noordam perhaps).

The va's are midship, which why they are more expensive. You are paying for location. We love them for the location and don't mind the view at all. If you look out, you will see the ocean, it's only if you look down you get a view of the life boat.

I did sound very ungrateful. Thanks everyone for setting me straight about the cabin and yes the mid ship location would explain the higher pricing.

Look forward to the cruise Oct. 30. We have never booked this close to sail date so don't have long to wait until we drive to the port.