How often do the push back dining time , was 8pm now 830pm

mcatmcat

hello :)

I purchased a cruise months ago with dining time for TD at 8pm, today they issued the documents meaning that we are closer to sailing but I noticed that dining time is now at 830Pm ( 30 minutes later). how often is this practice of changinf dining time closer to finally sailing? Btw I am sailing in the freedom wester itinerary in case that helps.

The Freedom is switching to 6pm and 8pm dining when she moves up to FLL and the Oasis is switching to 5:30 and 8:30 which is what the FR is curently doing when she moves up to PC

I have no idea why. Our OA dining time that was 6pm is now at 5:30

Those are odd times, Ellen.

Isn't it usually 5:30 & 8 or 6 & 8:30????? :confused:

Sorry I meant the FR is switching to 6pm and 8:30 when she moves DOWN to FLL- and the OA to 5:30 and 8pm when in PC- too early (or too late) I need more coffee :)

Ignore post #2

Edited by molly361

This came up in the trending topics. My first cruise ever was with Norwegian- totally eat when you want to eat, just turn up. This is the reason I stick with them-not perfect, but the thought of being locked into a specific dining time every night repels me! That would not be a holiday. I'm a late booker! I was all set to book until I reached the - what time dining?(Late bookers -anytime dining is always booked out). 5.30 or 6 probably too early, 8 or 8.30 too late! Consequently I've never cruised with Royal or other cruise lines that have 1st or 2nd seating. Who knows when I'm going to be hungry and want to eat! I'm on holidays! My work life is routine and timetables. I need a break.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry I meant the FR is switching to 6pm and 8:30 when she moves DOWN to FLL- and the OA to 5:30 and 8pm when in PC- too early (or too late) I need more coffee :)

I have an Oasis booking for August 2017 and that has indeed change from 6 to 5.30. I always have early seating but I feel 5.30 is a little early for dinner.

I have an Oasis booking for August 2017 and that has indeed change from 6 to 5.30. I always have early seating but I feel 5.30 is a little early for dinner.

I feel for you- this is all too stressful for a paid vacation! Who eats at 5.30? Unless you're having a late arvo snack!

Edited by karoo

I'm following this thread. We are on the Freedom out of Port Everglades on November 12th and have not received any notice of a later dining time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you log into your C and A account on the RCL website and/or get a copy of your booking invoice you would see the change there. That is the way that I found out about it. After reading it here on CC

I'm following this thread. We are on the Freedom out of Port Everglades on November 12th and have not received any notice of a later dining time?

I just checked my reservation and yes, it states our dining time is 8:30pm. I like this change [emoji106]

This came up in the trending topics. My first cruise ever was with Norwegian- totally eat when you want to eat, just turn up. This is the reason I stick with them-not perfect, but the thought of being locked into a specific dining time every night repels me! That would not be a holiday. I'm a late booker! I was all set to book until I reached the - what time dining?(Late bookers -anytime dining is always booked out). 5.30 or 6 probably too early, 8 or 8.30 too late! Consequently I've never cruised with Royal or other cruise lines that have 1st or 2nd seating. Who knows when I'm going to be hungry and want to eat! I'm on holidays! My work life is routine and timetables. I need a break.

On Royal Caribbean you have your choice of a set dining time or anytime dining. If it's not available you can be put on the waitlist and go to the dining room after embarkation to confirm.

I'm on vacation as well and like to sit with the same people every night at a specific time. That's the reason (along with many other reasons) why I won't sail on NCL.

On Royal Caribbean you have your choice of a set dining time or anytime dining. If it's not available you can be put on the waitlist and go to the dining room after embarkation to confirm.

I'm on vacation as well and like to sit with the same people every night at a specific time. That's the reason (along with many other reasons) why I won't sail on NCL.

I guess that's not me. I don't want to sit with the same group of random strangers each night at the same time. Ugh!!!! I'd rather dine with who I happen to meet, that's interesting, fun to be around at a time that suits.

I guess that's not me. I don't want to sit with the same group of random strangers each night at the same time. Ugh!!!! I'd rather dine with who I happen to meet, that's interesting, fun to be around at a time that suits.

Then My Time Dining seems perfect for you and others who feel similarly. If the traditional dining times don't meet your needs, it is also possible to set up times in MTD that match your requirements.

hello :)

I purchased a cruise months ago with dining time for TD at 8pm, today they issued the documents meaning that we are closer to sailing but I noticed that dining time is now at 830Pm ( 30 minutes later). how often is this practice of changing dining time closer to finally sailing? BTW I am sailing in the freedom western itinerary in case that helps.

It's not unusual. It's unusual that the initial time was 8PM. Most are 8:30PM.

To each their own. We prefer 8:30, but if that's not suitable use MTD.