Best beach excursion options

fletch1027

My wife & I are looking for a beach option for Cozumel. I have seen a lot of options on here as I have combed through the boards (El Cid, Mr. Sancho's, Nachi, Paradise Beach, etc).

What we're interested in:

- beach w/ chairs (shade option preferred)

- not a lot of kids running around

- we don't drink (a lot of the day pass options seem high due to the alcohol included)

Food included or not isn't a big deal...

Thanks!

Taxi fare will be higher than going to Paradise Beach or Mr. Sanchos PAYG side, but it will also be less crowded and attracts far fewer children.

Personnally I would choose Paradise Beach (suggested above), which is large enough so that you can find seats away from the crowd, offers great facilities and a HUGE pool, and will save you $5+ each way in cab fare.

Your call. :)

Can anyone tell me more about Playa Palancar? Been to Cozumel many times (was there last week), but looking for something else to do. Loved Paradise Beach but may try something different. Are there plenty of shaded chairs? Cost of cab to get there? Do we book ahead of time, and if so, what web site? How's the food/drinks? Admission fee? Thanks in advance!

Nachi Cocum is the place for you. Nice beach. Plenty of loungers with shade. Decent pool with swim up bar and hot tub. Snorkeling excursion available from boat nearby. No activities for children. They limit their guests to 100 per day! While other beaches could get thousands when several ships are in port. Decent lunch included.

Nachi Cocum is the place for you. Nice beach. Plenty of loungers with shade. Decent pool with swim up bar and hot tub. Snorkeling excursion available from boat nearby. No activities for children. They limit their guests to 100 per day! While other beaches could get thousands when several ships are in port. Decent lunch included.

OP said they weren't particularly interested in AI.

Nachi is AI only.

Edited by c-leg5

Can anyone tell me more about Playa Palancar? Been to Cozumel many times (was there last week), but looking for something else to do. Loved Paradise Beach but may try something different. Are there plenty of shaded chairs? Cost of cab to get there? Do we book ahead of time, and if so, what web site? How's the food/drinks? Admission fee? Thanks in advance!

Long review,with lots of photos, by Mitsugirly starting at post 315

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2325153&page=16

Cab will be $25+ each way for 4. Fare should be posted on the board at your port, depends on where you dock. Mitsugirly seemed to get a cab back without a problem, but I am not sure I would have left it so late on a cruise ship day without arranging transport back - beach is right at the end of the popular beach club run so there are not usually as many taxis waiting as at the more popular beaches.

They used to have a website but it wasn't working last time I looked, google Palancar and see what comes up. No need to prebook, no admission charge except perhaps a charge for certain loungers (I have read but never used them). Have never had anyone attempt to take my photo with sombrero,as she reported, but I did notice last time I was there (Dec 2015) it was much busier than any of my previous visits, so maybe this is new?

There is a photo of food and drink menu in the review.

Edited by c-leg5