Sydney hotel, opinion on my finalists please

I think I've narrowed my pre cruise choices to two similar priced hotels, the Four Seasons and Harbour Rocks. Can anyone offer reasons to choose one over the other? Is the fact that the Four Seasons is on the other side of the expressway an issue for walking to the Rocks area or the ferries? Many thanks to all who have posted previously about hotels. Your advice has been most helpful!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I think I've narrowed my pre cruise choices to two similar priced hotels, the Four Seasons and Harbour Rocks. Can anyone offer reasons to choose one over the other? Is the fact that the Four Seasons is on the other side of the expressway an issue for walking to the Rocks area or the ferries? Many thanks to all who have posted previously about hotels. Your advice has been most helpful!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I vote Four Seasons. Love the hotel.

No issue with the expressway. The road is elevated and you walk at street level under it, and across only one road to get to Circular Quay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Debbie, we stay at Harbour Rocks all the time as we are Accor members and use our free night, but.......it is a small boutique hotel, depending on which room you get you may be disappointed as it is an old warehouse and they are all irregular rooms. Some of the bathrooms are very small and some are down on street level and people walk by!! There is also no lift.

We love it, but I could understand someone paying nearly $300 a night and not being happy. We have been lucky and got rooms on level 3 with bridge and opera house views, which is blocked in the morning when the ship pulls in:p

I havent stayed at the Four Season, but next door at the Quay West suites, it is a good location, as stated above the you walk under the over pass to the OPT and circular quay.

I would choose Four Seasons if they are similar in price......sorry Accor:o

Just wanted to add.....have a look at Trip Advisor and you will see the reviews and pictures of both

Edited by cheznandy

Many thanks for taking the time to weigh in. Four Seasons it is!

Great choice for the Four Seasons. Yes, it is a very easy, quick walk to the main waterfront activities. The road/rail is elevated and you just easily walk under to reach those various waterside attractions. See a few of my Four Seasons visuals below.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 158,088 views for this posting.

From the harbor area, here is a view of the Four Seasons Sydney with other nearby buildings in this central business district area.:

SidneyTwo18_zpsc9a9cf22.jpg

Here are three views inside the Four Seasons Sydney. First, the staff greeting us at The Woods dining location. Nice flowers!! Second is an overview of the main lobby’s three-story atrium. Third is one of the staff members in one of several breakfast buffet serving area on our final morning there before boarding the Solstice.:

SidneyTwo19_zps7f16909d.jpg

SidneyTwo_zpsdff9e72b.jpg

SidneyTwo1_zps120cf7ac.jpg

Terry always has great pics to go along with the theme. He is a great advocate for Australia and NZ.

Debbie1029: Thanks' date=' Terry for taking time to post pics! They confirmed my choice was a good one. [/quote']

Appreciate these nice follow-ups. From MicCanberra, I have named as an "Ambassador" and "Great Advocate". That's nice, but I keep running to the mail box each day and that promised check that is supposedly in the mail has not arrived, yet! Should I keep checking and waiting?

Seriously, both countries are wonderful with great sights and people. They merit all of the deserved praise and attention. We encourage Debbie to keep asking such good questions in areas where I happen to have pictures to share.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

AFRICA?!!?: Lots of interesting and dramatic pictures can be seen from my latest live/blog at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2310337

Now at 21,428 views for this reporting and visual sharing that includes Cape Town, all along the South Africa coast, Mozambique, Victoria Falls/Zambia and Botswana's famed Okavango Delta area.