Haleakala Crater Sunrise Tours

wecruise93

Does anyone know which tour group NCl uses for their exclusive crater sunrise tours? What time did you return to the ship? Has anyone used Temptation tour's exclusive tour with breakfast? what time did you return to ship. We would like to plan some other activities for the day.

Does anyone know which tour group NCl uses for their exclusive crater sunrise tours? What time did you return to the ship? Has anyone used Temptation tour's exclusive tour with breakfast? what time did you return to ship. We would like to plan some other activities for the day.

Do note that the NCL tour (no tour company mentioned) listed on their website is $125. The tour on Temptation's website is listed at $225. plus tax plus fuel surcharge. Wonder what Temptation does to qualify an extra $100. per person?

Generally a tour like that would run about six hours, but remember you will have gotten up literally in the middle of the night to go to the crater (add more time if you stop for breakfast on the way back). You will have time to do other things with the rest of your day, but do factor in a possible nap beforehand to compensate for getting up so early. As many have noted, also remember to wear layers of clothing to put on/take off as the elevation changes.

• 4 weeks later...

I have viewed haleakala many times at different times of the day. Yes it is extreme taking a tour in the middle of the night but IMO it is the best time to go to haleakala. It is dark and cold when you get there but to see the sunrise over the crater is extremely worthwhile

We did the "Sunrise tour"..but not via a cruise...we were on a land-based vacation. You get on the bus around 4:30 am...and hit the sunrise a bit after you arrive at the top of Haeakela..IT"S COLD....REALLY COLD>..bring a coat...blankets..whatever! WINDY and COLD!

If the clouds aren't too thick, you can see the sunrise. Would I do it again? Nope...I've seen the sunrise. I was to freaking cold to appreciate the view. However, the trip down the mountain to breakfast was nice and the food was awesome!

We did the "Sunrise tour"..but not via a cruise...we were on a land-based vacation. You get on the bus around 4:30 am...and hit the sunrise a bit after you arrive at the top of Haeakela..IT"S COLD....REALLY COLD>..bring a coat...blankets..whatever! WINDY and COLD!

If the clouds aren't too thick, you can see the sunrise. Would I do it again? Nope...I've seen the sunrise. I was to freaking cold to appreciate the view. However, the trip down the mountain to breakfast was nice and the food was awesome!

What company did you use?