LIVE!!! The Reflection Transatlantic - Oct 21st - 2016! Are we the YOUNGEST again?!

chicagopaul

Exactly where I am going to be on December 10th! Loving your posts and following along on Instagram.

Anyone with Instagram follow me there. Basic photos and video are much quicker to upload. PaulKBlackburn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers everyone! I took a cabin video but internet is running slow now. I'll try to upload to YouTube later.

We had Romecabs pick us up at 10am at our hotel. We were at the ship just after 11. I think I had a drink in my hand by 11:35? No problems getting on board. Smooth experience.

We started with two screwdrivers at the pool bar and already met several people from Cruise Critic, a couple from Canada and a couple we sailed with in April.

We had lunch in Luminae. I had the burger and Edward had the chicken and waffles. Both were good. I feel my burger was better last time. We will see if it changes.

We already saw our favorite bartender Chairul and the very wonderful bartender Iva.

It is 5pm and we're currently getting ready for the night. I'll post some photos of the night and will again take some videos. Fingers crossed the internet cooperates.

FYI - we seem to have unlimited internet linked to our account? We didn't buy it but we were going to. We will see how long this lasts.

Also our butler is Hilario. He met us at 1:30 at the room with our luggage! I'm think we will like him.

Photo of our room 2127

9a4d1f6a94a64ff42b8dea66fa847763.jpg

When booking Suites at one point, you would get all 4 perks. So if you booked during this promo (which should be still going on), the Unlimited Internet should be sticking around for the whole cruise. You should also have the Premium Package, Gratuities and $300 OBC (per cabin)

Interesting what you said about the hamburger in Luminae. When we had hamburgers on the first day of a cruise last Fall (2015), they were some of the best that we have ever had. On the Summit a couple of weeks ago, we were disappointed that the burger was overcooked and dry. We gave it a second try later in the 14 night cruise. Even ordered down from Medium to Medium Rare and the results were the same. :( The hamburger from the poolside grill was juicier, but the flavor was odd. Not like the grill hamburgers tasted like on past cruise :rolleyes:

Enjoy that Suite! After staying in the dark and smaller SS on the Summit, I had forgotten how nice, bright and spacious the SS's are on the Solstice class. We may have to look at upgrading to one on a cruise next May. :D

When booking Suites at one point, you would get all 4 perks. So if you booked during this promo (which should be still going on), the Unlimited Internet should be sticking around for the whole cruise. You should also have the Premium Package, Gratuities and $300 OBC (per cabin)

Interesting what you said about the hamburger in Luminae. When we had hamburgers on the first day of a cruise last Fall (2015), they were some of the best that we have ever had. On the Summit a couple of weeks ago, we were disappointed that the burger was overcooked and dry. We gave it a second try later in the 14 night cruise. Even ordered down from Medium to Medium Rare and the results were the same. :( The hamburger from the poolside grill was juicier, but the flavor was odd. Not like the grill hamburgers tasted like on past cruise :rolleyes:

Enjoy that Suite! After staying in the dark and smaller SS on the Summit, I had forgotten how nice, bright and spacious the SS's are on the Solstice class. We may have to look at upgrading to one on a cruise next May. :D

The BBB which included the four perks for a suite is not included on TAs.

Random Question - Does the TV have an HDMI hook up or a DVI - on reflection in July and want to make sure I bring the correct cables

On our last 3 cruises they have the TV set to not accept any operation from the plug in ports.

They are there but do not function.

We were on Reflection's 9/30 sailing. Love this ship . . one of the best crews as well. Thanks for taking us along on your sailing Paul. Following you on Instagram as well. Great photos!!

Maryann

On our last 3 cruises they have the TV set to not accept any operation from the plug in ports.

They are there but do not function.

I know that. However when we were on another celebrity ship I was able to unplug the hdmi cable from the ship and put mine in.

My understanding is that some of the ships have a dvi connection as the main connection. Hence my question

Hi Paul and Edward,

Your posts and videos are GREAT. You seam to always have pictures of drinks. I like it.

We were on the Reflection last year and it is our favorite Celebrity ship. TransAtlantic is on bucket list but not booked yet.

We leave for a Panama Canal cruise in 4 weeks. (Actually our 3rd full canal cruise).

Hope you have a fabulous time. Someday we may be on the same cruise.

Bob

Happy Sunday everyone. I hope you are all well. The cruise is going well. My apologies for not posting too much. Here is an update.

Yesterday was Nice / Monaco. The weather was perfect. Sunny, around 70 degrees. Nice and warm in the sun and a little cool in the shade. Anyone who had extensive excursions planned had perfect walking and exploring weather. Today is Marseille and the weather could be better. It is around 60 degrees, a bit cooler this morning with some decent winds and a little rain. The sun has come out some in the past couple hours (it is 3pm now) but still not as nice as yesterday. We're hoping for better weather tomorrow in Barcelona and from the looks of the forecast it looks like we will be good.

OK now let's talk ship. The second night in Luminae was much better. No issues waiting for food, no delays, no complaints. I keep forgetting to take food pictures, I'll remember tonight! Last night our main dish was the veal cannelloni which was very good. Though it is a small portion so if you're very hungry order two or something to split in the middle.

We've continued to meet more people around the ship. I'm doing my best to keep track of all the names! It's not easy, but it's definitely a good problem to have.

We're visiting Michaels club every night. Joyce in Michael's is very nice and seems to have taken a liking to us. We will be sure to stop in and see her tonight. Tonight is evening chic night so I'll try and post what I'm wearing. Since it's a bit cool today I think I'll have a sweater in the mix.

Shows.

Sat night we saw the show Maxx. It's about a boy that gets caught in a virtual world. It was....interesting. Most of the music wasn't my specific tastes but I found the female singers to be very good. The main female vocalist was excellent. I'm hoping for better shows in the future for her to show her range. Tenures of Rock are on board and will be getting off the ship to go to a two year contract in Vegas. I've heard excellent things about them so we are looking forward to their show tonight.

Regarding the TV question, there is a HDMI port as well as a PC in port and AV. However, I don't have any cables with me so I cannot attest if it will actually work for you. I've heard varying things in the past on cruise critic.

Happy Sunday everyone. I hope you are all well. The cruise is going well. My apologies for not posting too much. Here is an update.

Yesterday was Nice / Monaco. The weather was perfect. Sunny, around 70 degrees. Nice and warm in the sun and a little cool in the shade. Anyone who had extensive excursions planned had perfect walking and exploring weather. Today is Marseille and the weather could be better. It is around 60 degrees, a bit cooler this morning with some decent winds and a little rain. The sun has come out some in the past couple hours (it is 3pm now) but still not as nice as yesterday. We're hoping for better weather tomorrow in Barcelona and from the looks of the forecast it looks like we will be good.

OK now let's talk ship. The second night in Luminae was much better. No issues waiting for food, no delays, no complaints. I keep forgetting to take food pictures, I'll remember tonight! Last night our main dish was the veal cannelloni which was very good. Though it is a small portion so if you're very hungry order two or something to split in the middle.

We've continued to meet more people around the ship. I'm doing my best to keep track of all the names! It's not easy, but it's definitely a good problem to have.

We're visiting Michaels club every night. Joyce in Michael's is very nice and seems to have taken a liking to us. We will be sure to stop in and see her tonight. Tonight is evening chic night so I'll try and post what I'm wearing. Since it's a bit cool today I think I'll have a sweater in the mix.

Shows.

Sat night we saw the show Maxx. It's about a boy that gets caught in a virtual world. It was....interesting. Most of the music wasn't my specific tastes but I found the female singers to be very good. The main female vocalist was excellent. I'm hoping for better shows in the future for her to show her range. Tenures of Rock are on board and will be getting off the ship to go to a two year contract in Vegas. I've heard excellent things about them so we are looking forward to their show tonight.

Regarding the TV question, there is a HDMI port as well as a PC in port and AV. However, I don't have any cables with me so I cannot attest if it will actually work for you. I've heard varying things in the past on cruise critic.

8ca92e0bab71c9354cc10a1c378e1c30.jpg

Rose, I haven't forgotten about you. I walked by the rooom today and there are several crew doors across from it but they're small crew doors, not the massive ones you normally see. I took a quick video and will upload it for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

e19bb36cd93665d9f15f6e4b4e558ca4.jpg

Pic of the back of the TV.

thank you. that answers the question. it's hdmi so if i (or you

) wanted to hookup an ipad or other device you would just have to unplug that first. thanks again

thank you. that answers the question. it's hdmi so if i (or you

) wanted to hookup an ipad or other device you would just have to unplug that first. thanks again

Notice the "HOTEL TV cable on the back. Usually (99% of the time) That means external inputs are de-activated.

raw

Edited by A Sixth?

Cheers everyone! I took a cabin video but internet is running slow now. I'll try to upload to YouTube later.

We had Romecabs pick us up at 10am at our hotel. We were at the ship just after 11. I think I had a drink in my hand by 11:35? No problems getting on board. Smooth experience.

We started with two screwdrivers at the pool bar and already met several people from Cruise Critic, a couple from Canada and a couple we sailed with in April.

We had lunch in Luminae. I had the burger and Edward had the chicken and waffles. Both were good. I feel my burger was better last time. We will see if it changes.

We already saw our favorite bartender Chairul and the very wonderful bartender Iva.

It is 5pm and we're currently getting ready for the night. I'll post some photos of the night and will again take some videos. Fingers crossed the internet cooperates.

FYI - we seem to have unlimited internet linked to our account? We didn't buy it but we were going to. We will see how long this lasts.

Also our butler is Hilario. He met us at 1:30 at the room with our luggage! I'm think we will like him.

Photo of our room 2127

9a4d1f6a94a64ff42b8dea66fa847763.jpg

Thanks for your posts, Paul. My husband and I are on the Nov 5 sailing from Miami in a aft Sky Suite. The reason we went with it was due to the experiences we had in Luminae on our last cruise in May. I hope it's still worthwhile, both food and service.

If you have a chance to continue to share, any feedback on the Sky Suite experience (perks, Luminae, general service, etc) would be great. I'll follow along on Instagram as well.

Have a great cruise.

John

I look forward to meeting you both on board

Arrived this morning and to Rome and just arrived at the hotel San Giorgio for a day of relaxation prior to the cruise. what a beautiful mid 70-ish day. it looks like we'll have a great crew on board as well as I remember meeting the captain on the equinox turn the holy land tour in 2010 and he's a very bright articulate funny man.

you'll find the upgrade to the sky suite is worth it, take advantage of the Michael's club concierge as she could really work wonders to make a very good cruise and do a very great cruise. hopefully I'll see you around I'll be the guy with the Pepsi, sitting up in the alcove.

John... Just saw this thread. Wanted to jump in here and wish you a fun voyage. We met on the Silhouette T.A. a few years back. You are Still my idol...lol:D

Adrienne and I will be boarding the Freedom of the Seas - a week from today.

Kevin

Thank you Paul for checking out that area across from the ocean view rooms. If it would not be an imposition, could you please ask the guest relations if there is a lot of use of those crew doors, and if someone were across from them would they hear noise at all hours. Thanks again for your efforts on my behalf. Also, who is the hotel director on your cruise? Hope you continue to have a wonderful cruise.