Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Question

Luvcrusn

Just got an email from Azamara. When I clicked on one of the pix, a travelers alert came up saying the Note S7 phones were not allowed on board...GOOD IDEA! Looked on X and can't find anything about it. Anyone know anything about X policy. They are owned by same company. You'd think there would be an advisory.:confused:

They're not allowed on planes, so most people won't be able to bring one to the ship anyway.

True, but it only takes 1 dummy to bring trouble. We're sailing the Caribbean from Miami and have found a lot of Florida residents sail those itineraries. I imagine that it won't be long (hopefully) that X and RC follow Azamara's lead. Smart precaution IMHO.. protect folks from themselves!;)

It would be better off if X emailed passengers about that directly. I for one am not on Facebook (one of the last holdouts). Thankfully we don't own the exploding phones, but are concerned about someone who does and their shipmates. I just read that Philly airport and several others across the US have exchange booths for those phones. But Samsung and airports are still urging passengers to exchange b4 traveling.

But probably true, that some one out there that can own/use/master a smart phone has not heard to the Note 7 problems.

Sadly, many friends have smartphones and are, should I say, technologically challenged?!

Doesn't hurt to protect folks!

If people haven't heard about it yet, because they're "technologically challenged" (and that must include every news broadcast or newspaper around), an e-mail isn't going to do a darned thing.

Celebrity has a contact email and phone for every passenger, not so difficult

Just got an email from Azamara. When I clicked on one of the pix, a travelers alert came up saying the Note S7 phones were not allowed on board...GOOD IDEA! Looked on X and can't find anything about it. Anyone know anything about X policy. They are owned by same company. You'd think there would be an advisory.:confused:

Celebrity Cruises will no longer allow Samsung Galaxy Note 7 cell phones onboard our ships. This decision was made in light of recent incidents and safety concerns raised by Samsung about this particular device, as well as the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) recent ban of the phone from all airplanes. We ask that guests who own a Samsung Galaxy Note 7 not bring the device on your cruise. Thank your cooperation and we appreciate your understanding.

If people haven't heard about it yet, because they're "technologically challenged" (and that must include every news broadcast or newspaper around), an e-mail isn't going to do a darned thing.

Some don't know what kind of Smartphone they have if you ask them!

I think though people who purchased the Galaxy Note 7 are the least likely to be technologically challenged. It is an expensive, powerful, premium phone, not likely to be a casual purchase.

Also all the late night comedy shows have made jokes about it. Stephen Colbert did a funny skit. President Obama made a joke about it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515

They make announcements. Not only on the plane, they have been making announcements in the terminals.

Almost every day someone brings a loaded gun to security checkpoint. I can just imagine how many will bring these phones without having a clue about ban, or even what kind of phone they own.

Burn it , if you don't the battery will.

As a former Note 7 owner I do not think there is anyone owning one that doesn't know about the issues. Samsung and the US wireless companies have sent multiple emails/texts to turn in the phones. I really don't think many people want to keep a phone that will not be getting updates and that they will not be able to trade in later. There is also a rumor that at some point the wireless companies will turn off the service. It would be an expensive collectors item, but I guess you never know.

Edited by bhealy