Very Last time for Staggered boarding...Womp womp womp

Mandy923

I used a TA for the first time, bc she is a friend, and the folks we are traveling with used her too. So I haven't really been paying much attention to my booking. I did my online check-in, with no rush, as normal. Only to find out about the new staggered check in.

This will be the very first cruise, I won't have lunch on the ship. I guess a few hours is nothing to get to upset about though. 2:30-3pm UGH.

The flip side is that there probably won't be excessively long lines at check in... Always look for the silver lining...

By that time you can probably walk right onboard with very little waiting.

Agreed. Should be able to get processed and on board pretty quickly as the terminal should be close to empty.

I used a TA for the first time, bc she is a friend, and the folks we are traveling with used her too. So I haven't really been paying much attention to my booking. I did my online check-in, with no rush, as normal. Only to find out about the new staggered check in.

This will be the very first cruise, I won't have lunch on the ship. I guess a few hours is nothing to get to upset about though. 2:30-3pm UGH.

Ouch! That's pretty late for embarkation. Sounds like you'll be getting on the ship just as they are shutting down the food and bars for the muster drill.

Oh Mandy.....

We haven't sailed with Carnival for a couple of years. Is this something new? If you show up before your scheduled time, do they make you wait to board?

Yes they won't even let you inside the building anymore if you are at one of the ports with staggered boarding if you get there prior to boarding time. You have to stand around outside no matter what the weather is. Or wait in your car, whatever.

I'd definitely keep an eye out for FTTF, if you can grab it, you can show up whatever time you want.

We haven't sailed with Carnival for a couple of years. Is this something new? If you show up before your scheduled time, do they make you wait to board?

It is staggered check-in, not staggered boarding. You need to pick a check-in time and can get there anytime after your time. If you get there before your check-in time, you will just have to wait.

You can check back periodically to see if earlier times open up. As final payment approaches and people cancel they will open up spots in the earlier time slots.

I'm with that. I'm surprised all the slots are full. We booked our cruise for this weekend on Fantasy not that long ago and still had every choice available. I would go back into the checkin and see if it becomes available, especially if you're before final payment date and people drop out.

I would not know what to do with our luggage and hotel checkout at 11.

Most hotels will let you check-out later if you ask nicely....I have checked out as late as 2:00pm Obviously not everybody can as most hotels advertise that you can check-in at 3:00pm, so they need all the rooms cleaned by that time.

At the very least, they would hold your luggage if you wanted to explore locally before heading to the terminal.

Well, by the end of the cruise you might be glad you missed that first feeding!