CC votes best new cruise ship 2016 - not HARMONY!

Hi guys,

Cruisecritic has voted for the best new ship: http://www.cruisecritic.com/editors-picks/

The votes went to Carnival Vista - no bad choice, she's a good mixture between resort (water sliddes, IMAx, etc) and common cruise ship (lots of open deck space, calmer aft pool...).

My personal votes would have gone to HAL's Koningsdam, or TUI's Mein Schiff 5.

Luckily it is not Harmony otS, the most overrated ship in the world - or Ovation otS. :p

Hi guys,

Cruisecritic has voted for the best new ship: http://www.cruisecritic.com/editors-picks/

The votes went to Carnival Vista - no bad choice, she's a good mixture between resort (water sliddes, IMAx, etc) and common cruise ship (lots of open deck space, calmer aft pool...).

Luckily it is not Harmony otS, the most overrated ship in the world - or Ovation otS. :p

Me thinks there's an agenda in this post, especially based on previous sailings shown by the poster. ;)

Considering Harmony hasn't come to the U.S. yet...nor has Vista...the ratings and postings would be limited to the European cruises and their passenger ratings.

Many people wouldn't even compare Vista to Harmony, as they are different size and class ships...both in terms of features and target audience.

But thanks for the information.

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

I think part of the reason is that the Vista is a totally new class of ship, while the Harmony is an Oasis class even though it's larger. It's more of a evalution.

Bingo - spot on with both points. :)

Kinda like comparing Ovation and Harmony....apples and oranges.

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

Bingo - spot on with both points. :)

Kinda like comparing Ovation and Harmony....apples and oranges.

Vista class is also just an evolution of Carnival Dream class.

And of course Vista and Harmony count both as ultra large vessels.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hey, guess what!?

The OP hasn't been on Harmony or Ovation! ;):cool: Nor the Koningsdam, which he claims to be the best.

Hey, guess what?

Although having not been on Koningsdam, Ovation or Harmony, I need to make decisions before my booking.

And I have my preferences regarding ships, and Koningsdam would fit into such preferences, while Oasis- or Quantum-Class don't do! :p

Just with regarding the deck plans and reading decriptions about those ships I know that I should like Koningsdam, because she has my preferred size, layout and things I need to have on a cruise ship.

BTW: book your cruise lines and ships, and I book mine - okay? :cool:

Hey, guess what?

Although having not been on Koningsdam, Ovation or Harmony, I need to make decisions before my booking.

And I have my preferences regarding ships, and Koningsdam would fit into such preferences, while Oasis- or Quantum-Class don't do! :p

Just with regarding the deck plans and reading decriptions about those ships I know that I should like Koningsdam, because she has my preferred size, layout and things I need to have on a cruise ship.

BTW: book your cruise lines and ships, and I book mine - okay? :cool:

That's fine.

I just didn't really understand the whole point in starting this thread...just to say that Harmony or Ovation weren't on the list?

I thought in a cruise board, where the major interest and topic is cruise, it is interesting to post such an article?

In the HAL boards the information of CC's best new cruise ship also has been posted, although Koningsdam did not win.

I think it is okay to inform and discuss...

Me thinks there's an agenda in this post, especially based on previous sailings shown by the poster. ;)

Considering Harmony hasn't come to the U.S. yet...nor has Vista...the ratings and postings would be limited to the European cruises and their passenger ratings.

Many people wouldn't even compare Vista to Harmony, as they are different size and class ships...both in terms of features and target audience.

But thanks for the information.

Well said...

Hi guys,

for nothing.....:rolleyes:

I thought in a cruise board, where the major interest and topic is cruise, it is interesting to post such an article?

In the HAL boards the information of CC's best new cruise ship also has been posted, although Koningsdam did not win.

It's not the fact that it gets posted, it's the ridiculously immature way you did it that is what people are referring to. Especially considering you have been on ANY of the cruise ships you listed. Yes, you can look at plans, and you've been on similar cruises, but the way you stated it all just seemed very...childish and trollish.

You were trolling plain and simple.The last sentence in your original post says it all

But how do you inform if you haven't been on the ships you are comparing?

Those "best of" ratings seem super subjective. We sailed Harmony in the Med found it absolutely delightful. I was honestly surprised that it didn't win, but I realize it isn't everyone's cup of tea.

To each their own. The competition gets a bit more fierce each year!

Hi guys,

IMHO, Harmony is not overrated, but OVERPRICED. It is a great ship, but some fares are too high for a service that has dramatically declined in the last couple of years. Many sailings on Harmony are more expensive than similar cruises on Celebrity, it has no sense to me.

IMHO, Harmony is not overrated, but OVERPRICED. It is a great ship, but some fares are too high for a service that has dramatically declined in the last couple of years. Many sailings on Harmony are more expensive than similar cruises on Celebrity, it has no sense to me.

IMHO it is both overrated and overpriced. Acctually you pay the marketing for that ship, which just offers "passive" service and attractions such as Central park, water slides, carousel, etc., but no decent "active" service.

The personal service I experienced on RCCL's Liberty and Vision otS has not been on the same level as on NCL, Princess or X, and especially the food is just very average, there's just another recent thread on the new Oasis MDR menus which are going to be installed fleetwide - with reduced choices again...

@All others, asking me about comparing ships one personally does not know:

Assuming you would like to try out a cruise line/ship you do not know, you need some criteria to make your booking decision, don't you?

I think best information sources are the ship descriptions and deck plans, and maybe pictures. Passenger reviews IMHO are less helpful, at least for me, because everyone has different criteria and preferences.

And without KNOWING either Koningsdam or Harmony otS, I can say in advance that Koningsdam should be a ship I really like - 99800 GT, lots of open deck space, my beloved aft pool, Observation Lounge and open Lido area.

That's the reason why I have booked her for 2017.

On top of that, I do not even know Star Princess by my own experiences - but I know Crown and Emerald Princess are very similar to her, I LOVED both ships, so it should be extremely likely I will also love Star Princess! :cool:

I do not give any cents on urbanized resort-ships such as Harmony with water slides, a huge park, and 6700 pax.

Don't you also need some criteria when deciding for one of many ships you do not know? ;)

Your original post is about as relevant as someone posting that they'd never fly in an F-16 because the aisles looked too narrow on the blueprints and there were no free in-flight movies listed on the flight manifest:rolleyes:

How about you review a ship after you've actually sailed on her.

IMHO it is both overrated and overpriced. Acctually you pay the marketing for that ship, which just offers "passive" service and attractions such as Central park, water slides, carousel, etc., but no decent "active" service.

The personal service I experienced on RCCL's Liberty and Vision otS has not been on the same level as on NCL, Princess or X, and especially the food is just very average, there's just another recent thread on the new Oasis MDR menus which are going to be installed fleetwide - with reduced choices again...

@All others, asking me about comparing ships one personally does not know:

Assuming you would like to try out a cruise line/ship you do not know, you need some criteria to make your booking decision, don't you?

I think best information sources are the ship descriptions and deck plans, and maybe pictures. Passenger reviews IMHO are less helpful, at least for me, because everyone has different criteria and preferences.

And without KNOWING either Koningsdam or Harmony otS, I can say in advance that Koningsdam should be a ship I really like - 99800 GT, lots of open deck space, my beloved aft pool, Observation Lounge and open Lido area.

That's the reason why I have booked her for 2017.

On top of that, I do not even know Star Princess by my own experiences - but I know Crown and Emerald Princess are very similar to her, I LOVED both ships, so it should be extremely likely I will also love Star Princess! :cool:

I do not give any cents on urbanized resort-ships such as Harmony with water slides, a huge park, and 6700 pax.

Don't you also need some criteria when deciding for one of many ships you do not know? ;)

At the risk of being called a cheerleader, you have ZERO credibility opining about a ship, line, or class you have not sailed. Stick with what you've sailed and maybe someone will take you seriously.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk