Cruise Critic M&M on teh Magic

woodman

We just got off the Magic today. We had signed up for the CC M&M party. There were 35 members that signed up. We were supposed to get an invitation for the party from Guest Services. We never heard a word. We checked at the desk yesterday and were told that there was not a M&M party scheduled. Did any one from the Magic get an invite? If not any ideas as to why no M&M? Thanks

If you didn't have at least 20 people signed up, they won't do it. Also, many report no invitation, but it's in the Funtimes. You have to watch for it. If you go to the CC M&M thread, you can look up your cruise to see if there's enough people. It will tell you.

We just got off the Magic today. We had signed up for the CC M&M party. There were 35 members that signed up. We were supposed to get an invitation for the party from Guest Services. We never heard a word. We checked at the desk yesterday and were told that there was not a M&M party scheduled. Did any one from the Magic get an invite? If not any ideas as to why no M&M? Thanks

If you didn't have at least 20 people signed up, they won't do it. Also, many report no invitation, but it's in the Funtimes. You have to watch for it. If you go to the CC M&M thread, you can look up your cruise to see if there's enough people. It will tell you.

The OP said they had 35 signed up for it and even checked with GS who said there wasn't one scheduled.

I believe this is cruise critic dropping the ball. I'm guessing They're not notifying carnival that there is a m&m group. It the pinned thread cruise critic even admitted to needing to find a way to notify carnival.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We had signed up for the CC M&M party. There were 35 members that signed up. We were supposed to get an invitation for the party from Guest Services. We never heard a word. We checked at the desk yesterday and were told that there was not a M&M party scheduled. Did any one from the Magic get an invite? If not any ideas as to why no M&M? Thanks

I rec'd this email ... and it has a contact info in it.. my cruise is jan 2017

Congratulations! We've met the 25-person minimum for the Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle aboard your Carnival Cruise Line sailing that you helped organize on the 2017-01-21 sailing of Carnival Magic. Notification of the date, time and location of your Meet & Mingle will be shared with you via an invitation delivered to your stateroom. In the meantime, you can meet your fellow cruisers on the Carnival Cruise Lines Roll Call Forums online at our Cruise Critic community and invite them to join the get together when you click here: Carnival Roll Calls

If you have any questions about your Meet & Mingle, please e-mail us at meet_and_mingle @cruisecritic.com

Edited by meester_jamie

The sad part is that the intention of a M&M is to get to know your fellow cruisers at the start of the cruise. Seems like Carnival has been scheduling some of them on the last day of the cruise. It's a little late then.

I think this is true! we have had a few M&M that were great... I have met folks we cruise again with and have become good friends!! .. Their M&M was organized themselves on CC.. we joined in.. first day.. an hour of drinks.. mingle.. and Carnival ship Brass to talk to .. I liked it !

a few yrs ago.. dec 2010.. Celebrity X Millenium... second night... CC had Celebrity hand delivered an envelope to our MDR table just before desert.. plain envelope,.,, marked confidential. ,, inside it said.. DO NOT tell any of your fellow passengers.. You are to meet at Deck x .. fwd .. at the elevators. 7.00pm sharp

When we got there.. there was another couple milling around,, we couldn't tell if they got an invitation as well.. or just happened to be there........ then others started to arrive.. via the halls,, we started to get the idea,,, and then the elevators.. at one point a group arrived in the elevator and were expecting to be the only ones too.. so I pretended to be wanting to get on the elevator.. but they would need to exit thru the secret door.. so knock twice on the back wall.. then hold all the buttons down at once.... LOL .... then the secret door will open. The one mentioned in the envelope they got.. you know.. lol

the group laffed at me before I pulled the wool over their eyes .. so the joke didn't work too well.. darn

any way... we got a tour of the bridge.. DW got to wear Captains hat.. and "drive" the ship using the wheel

it was a really cool experience... while on the tour.. they paused enough where we could just look and ask questions,,, and meet other passengers... and chat... so it was a meet and mingle.. I liked it!

as we bumped into those folks for the rest of the week.. it gave us something to chat about,, and more. I enjoy meeting fun people this way!

Better to just set it up with your roll call

Those unofficial meet and greets are always better anyway. We combined the roll call and the Facebook group for the cruise and met at the RFP before Muster drill. We all had a wonderful time. I do not see the point of having one on the last formal night 30 minutes before dinner :confused: which is exactly what they did on Magic a few months ago. its almost like they are setting it up to fail.

Edited by ryano

• 2 weeks later...
It was reported on the news in Tampa, that the Magic is coming to sail out of Tampa,,,, no dates given....LOVE IT....

Tampa is getting the Miracle in 2018. Also as mentioned the Magic is too big to clear the Skyway Bridge.

Edited by Eng23

I was on Magic Oct. 22 and we didn't get a notice, just saw it in the FT. It was last sea day which is dumb. 6 people showed up and we have dozens who signed up. Had a great discussion with the head of entertainment. It's embarassing so few show.

We had the same thing happen on the Oct. 1 sailing of the Conquest. Was told we would get an invitation but saw it in the Funtimes. It was the next to the last day and only 6 people showed up. We also had a talk with head of entertainment and suggested they talk with Cruise Critic about it. There were drinks and snacks there but with so few people no one stayed long.