C&A Alcohol Package Discount Update

Big_G

Here is an update from our Harmony cruised that we just returned from on 12/3.

For point of reference, both my wife and I are Diamond + C&A members.

We had both prepurchased the drink package through the cruise planner at 20% off, which reduced price to $396.48. Based on info on the board, primarily posted by Bosjoe, I cancelled our drink packages and crossed my fingers that Royal still offered the 30% off to Diamond + members onboard.

Just FYI, I copied the picture that Bosjoe posted in post #82 of this thread to my phone just in case. This ended up being a lifesaver.

Upon boarding early with the Diamond + group, we proceeded to the first drink package stand on the promenade by the pub to buy the deluxe package. We inquired about the 30% discount, employee selling package gave us that blank stare and stated knew nothing of onboard discount, only of one if purchased in advance. We declined and off second drink package stand at top of steps on promenade by Schooner Bar, once again given the blank stare and stated knew nothing. Ok, still not frustrated, we went to Trellis Bar on way to pack cafe for lunch, inquired if bartender could print list of all Diamond + discounts available. He stated was sorry as system was down and had to do everything by hand.

By this point we were thirsty. Attempted to go to Loyalty Ambassador stand on Promenade, she was not there. But there were papers on the desk that list of all onboard benefits for every C&A level. Of course the 30% discount was not listed on the sheet, or for that matter the 20% discount for Diamond or 40% discount for Pinnacle.

So we headed to guest services, was ready with picture I had copied from Bosjoe's post. Joyce (excellent) at guest services knew nothing either, but I believe she called food and beverage manager, who stated yes there is a 30% beverage package discount for Diamond + C&A members. Total after discount was $352.70 per person. Great, since we didn't have our seapass cards yet, she gave us the drink package sticker to put on cards when we went to room.

It was close to 1 pm by this point and we wanted to get rid of our bags. We headed to room got Seapass cards and applied sticker. Thought everything was good to go. Get first drink and hand seapass card to bartender, scans card and tells us drink package not authorized on card yet. But say not to worry, can sometime take a few hours and here are your drinks. Ok, fine, this continues with every drink purchase the first day. Not good but at least we were getting drinks.

I tend to check seapass account on TV every morning, so on the morning of day 2 I see that we were charged by mistake for four drinks on day 1 and 3 drinks packages instead of 2. Off to guest services to get drinks and extra drink package credited. It was in black and white on guest services screen, we had the drink package and had been charged for drinks and we had been charged for 3 drink packages instead of 2, so got all that credited.

As we continued to get drinks on day 2, the bartenders told that our cards were still not authorized for drink package, but they continued to serve us. This all changed, just after 5 pm on day 2, the bartender at Trellis bar had already made our drinks, and again scanned our cards telling us that drink package was not authorized and was only giving us these drinks because it was Diamond + cocktail hour, essentially using a drink voucher to cover the cost of the drinks.

At this point I was done. I knew it was not the bartenders fault, but off to guest services we go again. Luckily, I got Joyce again at guest services, and she remembered our situation. Once again she gets on phone, again I think with food and beverage manager. She is gone for about 10 minutes, comes back with 2 new seapass cards. She tells that she went to a bar and had bartenders scan seapass to test for beverage package. I am skeptical at this point but I didn't have a better option, so I took cards and crossed fingers. We went to the pub and ordered drink, the bartenders there were already familiar with us so I asked if drink package was now authorized on our cards.

THEY SAID YES, and all was good from there at every bar we went to.

Not sure if all this hassle was worth a grand total of $87.56 for 2 drink packages.

THEY SAID YES, and all was good from there at every bar we went to.

Not sure if all this hassle was worth a grand total of $87.56 for 2 drink packages.

Boy, they really made you jump though hoops for that drink package!

The loyalty ambassador on the Harmony knows nothing about the drink package discount.

We had to see Louise for another issue during the cruise and I inquired about why the drink package discount wasn't listed as a C&A benefit, once again I got the blank stare and the line I know nothing about onboard discount, only discount is if you book in advance on website.

I agree with sea shepherd, the only thing consistent on Royal anymore is the inconsistency.

• 1 month later...
looks like royal caribbean dont value there dimond memebers just like a cabin with your c&a discount and you cannot pick your cabin you have to have a guaranteed cabin they pick rci you suck

LOL! Happy trolling. :D