4th "breakaway plus" ship named paradise, will sail from Galveston.

amscene1

I'm surprised by that. Seems lines have been there, left, maybe tried again, left. Mostly thinking of DCL and NCL.

We've looked at that port before and have no interest although I can see it being good for some folks. Maybe NCL got some incentives from the port.

I'm gonna call crap on this "news". There's no citation for the name and there's no citation for the home port. The citation for home port makes no reference to what the home port will be and is just an article that they purchased the ships.

I'm gonna call crap on this "news". There's no citation for the name and there's no citation for the home port. The citation for home port makes no reference to what the home port will be and is just an article that they purchased the ships.

Exactly. Given Del Rio's (or Del Poopy Pants as I think of him) musings about dropping one of the 2018/2019 BW+ in to the China market don't believe anything until the ship is built and actually sailing. After all, Joy was Bliss before Del Rio changed his mind.

Hummmm, it'd have to be out of Houston unless Galveston expands their cruise port facilities. Also NCL has always had a hard time filling even much smaller ships out of Texas. Always. Some of the best deals we ever obtained were on NCL ships out of Houston.

It is one of my least favorite places to cruise from. The main airport if way out of the way, ground transportation is a pain.......It's Houston.....sorry Houstonians.....

But who knows, Frank Del Rio has some mysterious ways!:eek:

This would be great for me! I sailed out of the Port of Houston on the Jade earlier this year.

Houston is closing the port. They are talking about what is to be done with it but no decision has been made, but no more will it be a cruise port.

Galveston is a very busy port and several cruise lines do well there. I don't see why NCL can't. Feeling hopeful!

I'd love to have a boat in Houston again, I was disappointed none is returning this year. I'm not putting any stock in this announcement, but would be nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by txagfan

Going to quote this so people read it again before the umpteen thousand posts about how wonderful sailing out of Galveston would be.

A Wikipedia entry is a poor source for information from the future!

This would be wonderful to have an NCL ship out of Galveston.

Of course since I am in Texas that means driving and no airfare which means I can spend more on the cruise. I just hope that if this comes to fruition that they will be offering 9-10 day sailings so that you can truly enjoy the ship and not just the ports.

Going to quote this so people read it again before the umpteen thousand posts about how wonderful sailing out of Galveston would be.

A Wikipedia entry is a poor source for information from the future!

It's now gone from Wikipedia.....