Christmas decorations

doones2

I've sailed the Sunday after USA Thanksgiving out of Galveston.

The big tree in the Royal Promenade was up, and the crew decorated the rest of the ship during the cruise.

One of the highlights was a huge display when we entered the Windjammer; this was done I think on Wednesday.

Edited by Jimnbigd

• 2 weeks later...

Am I to assume that I'm out of luck with holiday decor if I'm sailing 11/19 and returning Thanksgiving day? Everywhere else these days seems to decorate for the holidays immediately after Halloween so this surprises me a bit! lol

I was hoping to get the kid's Christmas portraits done on the ship.....

Am I to assume that I'm out of luck with holiday decor if I'm sailing 11/19 and returning Thanksgiving day? Everywhere else these days seems to decorate for the holidays immediately after Halloween so this surprises me a bit! lol

I was hoping to get the kid's Christmas portraits done on the ship.....

There is a 97% likelihood that they will start putting up decorations AFTER you disembark.

I have done several holiday cruises, mainly on the smaller ships...decorating is usually being done immediately after thanksgiving (starts in the middle of the night) and the first cruise after thanksgiving typically will see most decorations up....

My last Christmas cruise almost all the decorations disappeared during the night after Christmas day...it was kind of shock to see how quickly it went away as they prepped for new year's

We will be on FOS the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Just curious if the ship will have holiday decorations up. Our cruise is November 26 to December 4.

I DM'd RC on Twitter and they said the ship will be decorated for Christmas for this sailing, which I will also be on.

Edited by lvstitch

I have done several holiday cruises, mainly on the smaller ships...decorating is usually being done immediately after thanksgiving (starts in the middle of the night) and the first cruise after thanksgiving typically will see most decorations up....

My last Christmas cruise almost all the decorations disappeared during the night after Christmas day...it was kind of shock to see how quickly it went away as they prepped for new year's

Were those smaller ships Royal ships? We've sailed the holidays for the last 5 years and all the decorations have stayed up until at least the end of our cruise and they were up on our two New Years cruises.

Our Thanksgiving cruise is from Nov 21 to Dec 02.

Sounds like we will be waking up to Christmas surprises!

Does the Serenade have the day changes in the elevators?

..............I'm sure there have been one or two perverts who have changed during the day in an elevator..........:eek:

For cruises following Thanksgiving, Christmas decorations will get put up according to the reports of many.

However, as not to raise false hopes, I wanted to share what RCI told me specifically in relation to the "Deck the Holidays" promotion:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/holidays

Cruises that begin in November, even if they overlap into December (such as mine embarking Nov 27th on Liberty), do not qualify for "Deck the Holidays". So don't expect Santa photo ops, parades, etc.

I sailed on Jewel the Saturday after Thanksgiving 2014 & don't remember seeing any Christmas decorations. I'm sailing Adventure the same time this year & don't expect to see any decorations this time either but of course I could always be surprised!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

............a few years ago on our Christmas cruise I was so disappointed there was no Festivas poles......discrimination......"Festivas for the rest of us".

I wear my festivus t-shirt on the 23rd and my festivus tie to dinner that night in the dining room.... some of us try to push the "better" holiday.... ;)

Edited by JeffKoz

Were those smaller ships Royal ships? We've sailed the holidays for the last 5 years and all the decorations have stayed up until at least the end of our cruise and they were up on our two New Years cruises.

Yes...mainly radiance class (my favorite)

I'll be on a cruise which will include Solstice, Festivus, Christmas, and if I'm calculating right at least the first night of Hanukkah. While we were actually hoping to avoid some of the over the top holiday hoo-haa, I do like the idea of wearing my best Festivus attire while ringing out the solstice bells.

I'll be on a cruise which will include Solstice, Festivus, Christmas, and if I'm calculating right at least the first night of Hanukkah. While we were actually hoping to avoid some of the over the top holiday hoo-haa, I do like the idea of wearing my best Festivus attire while ringing out the solstice bells.

Will you have a festivus pole for the airing of grievances and feats of strength?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums