Luggage Service

tjmaher

I used it a couple of years ago on the Freedom, sailing out of Port Canaveral. I forgot the cost, but it saved the time and effort of finding the bag in the cruise terminal, carrying it to the shuttle bus, and then having to deal with baggage check-in at the Orlando airport.

You leave your bag outside your cabin, as you would if you were claiming it in the cruise terminal. I recall that the tag is different from the normal tag, in that it identifies the bag for luggage valet, with airline information and a claim number. When the bag arrives at the airport, your carrier will put on a normal checked baggage tag, with the same number that you will receive.

The downside is that besides the luggage valet service, you will also have to pay for the normal airline checked baggage fee.

Did they bring this back? I know it was discontinued last year because the airlines would not support it. I used it in the past and it was so easy but it was not available last October.

It's only available at certain Ports. I don't know all the reasons, but I do know that San Juan was one port where they had to stop offering the service. We have used it a few times now (when available) and have loved it. You put your bags out on the last night and you don't see them again until you get to baggage claim at your home airport. Only drawback is that if you forget to pack something, it will have to go in your carry on. And if it's a prohibited item, then it has to go in the trash :eek:

Sorry...not available any longer when "flying out" of MIA

That was the reason for my comment about changed recently. It has always been available, and was available in April of this year.

Referring to question of sailing and returning to FLL, but flying out of Miami. FLL had flight limitation of 11:30 and I believe Miami was for flights after 1:00. Would be disappointed if it has been discontinued, as I have used it and liked the option.

When filling out luggage valet paperwork you had to specify which airport.

Edited by Grandma Dazzles

Used this in Port Canaveral this past April. It was our first cruise and we had no idea what to expect from debarkation. When we saw the long line and the number of people dealing with their bags throughout, we decided that the $50 was money well spent. Made debarkation very easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That was the reason for my comment about changed recently. It has always been available, and was available in April of this year.

Referring to question of sailing and returning to FLL, but flying out of Miami. FLL had flight limitation of 11:30 and I believe Miami was for flights after 1:00. Would be disappointed if it has been discontinued, as I have used it and liked the option.

When filling out luggage valet paperwork you had to specify which airport.

When MIA was offered and you were arriving into Port Everglades you couldn't have a flight earlier than 2:30pm to use luggage valet. Hopefully RCI will add more cities as an option again.

I've used it before for flying on Southwest from Orlando(Pt Canaveral) cruise port. It was $20, but I'm onboard Freedom this week, and it has gone up to $25. No overweight fees....and Southwest doesn't charge for two bags per person.

Airlines which participate from Pt Canaversl to MCO are Alaska, American, Delta, JetBlue, Southwest, and United. Southwest flights must depart same day as ship comes into port, and between noon and 7:00 PM. All other airline flights must depart between noon and 11:59 PM same day as ship arrives into port.

It's well worth the $25 in my opinion.

We have a 11:45 flight out of FLL in May so I guess we can't use the luggage valet can we? It really worked well for us several years ago and wanted to use it again. Oh well, maybe Delta will change our flight to noon.

We have a 11:45 flight out of FLL in May so I guess we can't use the luggage valet can we? It really worked well for us several years ago and wanted to use it again. Oh well, maybe Delta will change our flight to noon.

Gosh I just realized that our flight is at 11:45 as well. I hope that maybe we can work something out.

Speak to Guest Services, they may be able to work something out with the airline. The airline has to approve use of the service outside the posted limits.

Gosh I just realized that our flight is at 11:45 as well. I hope that maybe we can work something out.

If your sailing out of Port Everglades, 11:30am is the cut-off for FLL.

I'm curious as to why RCCL dropped luggage valet at Miami. We were on the Majesty on a 4-night cruise this spring. I asked about luggage valet and was told it was no longer offered at Miami.

It was a pain toting bags around at MIA. The check-in counter for cruise passengers was a mob scene, and the check-in counters for passengers with elite frequent flyer status on American is at the far end of the ticketing hall form where the cruise buses drop off.

We have used this multiple times, well worth the money. The only time we had any problems was a year ago. The only time we were in a suite using this service we lost 2 bags out of 8 people [emoji51]. Two of our bags were sent to MIA instead of FLL. They eventually made it home. We still used the service again a few months later. Will keep using it!!!!![emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Forums