Entertainment Eclipse

binzer2604

We did the Southern Caribbean aboard the Eclipse this past March and have booked it again for March 2018. Needless to say, we enjoyed the cruise immensely. Quite honestly, we don't take in the entertainment that often because we find it to be amateurish and not worthwhile attending. In general, not necessarily X. This past March, however, we found that the production shows and guest performers were excellent. We only missed a couple of nights, not bad for a 14-night cruise, and turned into comparative night owls! :) We normally turn in early, but not on that cruise.

We did the Southern Caribbean aboard the Eclipse this past March and have booked it again for March 2018. Needless to say, we enjoyed the cruise immensely. Quite honestly, we don't take in the entertainment that often because we find it to be amateurish and not worthwhile attending. In general, not necessarily X. This past March, however, we found that the production shows and guest performers were excellent. We only missed a couple of nights, not bad for a 14-night cruise, and turned into comparative night owls! :) We normally turn in early, but not on that cruise.

Good to hear, we'll be aboard and at the theater 42 days from now:)

We did the two-week cruise on Eclipse last March and really enjoyed the shows and guest entertainers, but then I was surprised and dismayed to read that so many folks here did not like the shows on that cruise. They especially disliked the new production shows. The only thing I can say is that entertainment is such a personal thing. What one person enjoys, another finds boring.

That was our fourth year to do the two week Eclipse Southern Caribbean cruise usually at Easter. We'll be doing it again in 2017 and 2018. So we really do like this cruise. I guess the shows do keep us entertained.

Loved the two shows we saw this year on the Eclipse , our two kids thought they were ace , and eve my husband who's usually ' allergic' sat through them entertained . We saw topper and the rock one . No real story line but great songs n dancing

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Four of us were on the Eclipse in March & usually look forward to the shows. I think we liked one of them & walked out of the rest. We thought they were not near as good as the previous years (we've done the 14 night cruise every year back to when it was on the Constellation). We ended up playing a lot of cards in the evenings. My sister is presently on a 14 day Celebrity cruise & she emailed the other day saying it was day 12 & still not one show worth sitting through & she is with a large group...more cards.

I'm sure some will like the shows but since Celebrity took over the entertainment, we have been greatly disappointed. The best part, for us, was watching the Celebrity staff create the images on the wall outside the theater.

Four of us were on the Eclipse in March & usually look forward to the shows. I think we liked one of them & walked out of the rest. We thought they were not near as good as the previous years (we've done the 14 night cruise every year back to when it was on the Constellation). We ended up playing a lot of cards in the evenings. My sister is presently on a 14 day Celebrity cruise & she emailed the other day saying it was day 12 & still not one show worth sitting through & she is with a large group...more cards.

I'm sure some will like the shows but since Celebrity took over the entertainment, we have been greatly disappointed. The best part, for us, was watching the Celebrity staff create the images on the wall outside the theater.

Hi - We are from Michigan! We are going on our 1st Celebrity cruise Dec 11 on Eclipse. I really hope we do enjoy the entertainment because that is part of what I enjoy in the evening on a cruise. I enjoy all different types of entertainment from broadway show to comedy show to small band to DJ's to pub style entertainment. I'll let you know next month :)

Booked Southern Caribbean Cruise on Eclipse, we normally enjoy our evening in the theatre, is the entertainment as bad as people have written. We like production shows and special guests

Entertainment is subjective. We only saw one show, Topper, on our July Eclipse cruise. It has a very thing storyline but it was colourful, lively and had some good songs sung reasonably well. It would work just as well entitled "Celebrity Showcase" though without the almost non-existent storyline.

• 2 weeks later...

Presently onboard Celebrity Eclipse and if the first day was any indication, entertainment seems to be lacking. The house band is extremely talented, but their talents are misused. Sail away from Miami in wonderful weather should have been memorable, house band was playing inside at the sky lounge, hummm. No music by the pool or at the sunset bar. A DJ or the duo on the grass could have been great but instead we were left with nothing. Show was regular welcome aboard show, not thing to get too excited.

I prefer entertainment on other lines better. BUT that being said, the two week cruise on Eclipse is a favorite for us. We'll be back in Jan.

DH is one that is pretty happy with all the entertainment. Not many big losers on any mainstream ship/line lately.

We were on the Eclipse in January 2016 and will sail on her again this January. Most of the entertainment was fine, but the two production shows were disappointing. My DH and I used to to look forward to these shows and were excited to see the new shows last January. One of them was Topper and the other was Chandelier. Celebrity spent a lot of money on the costumes, sets, etc. for these shows. The songs were unfamiliar and the storylines were uninspired. We would have preferred the old shows which highlight Broadway show music and pop songs. Don't think I can talk my DH into sitting through these production shows again.

I am going on my first Celebrity cruise Dec 11 on Eclipse and I am hoping we enjoy the entertainment. I like the evening shows and entertainment.

Enjoy your Cruise aboard the Eclipse and the shows and the other entertainment. We really liked the ship and her staff.

Enjoy your Cruise aboard the Eclipse and the shows and the other entertainment. We really liked the ship and her staff.

Saw 1st production show, Topper last night and really enjoyed it. Congratulations on the innovation. Seems like it will be simple to modify and keep current as the songs could be switched out.

Saw 1st production show, Topper last night and really enjoyed it. Congratulations on the innovation. Seems like it will be simple to modify and keep current as the songs could be switched out.

Thanks for the update, nusailer, We don't go to the pool often, but when we do, enjoy a bit of lively music. I've heard that Celebrity doesn't play anything current (i.e. from past 10 years) However, we do really enjoy the big shows at night - and I have heard a lot of mixed reviews about that. Also - comedy, although I hear that is hit and miss on celebrity. It was the same with Royal Caribbean for us. Walked out on a couple of really terrible comedians with RCI - Carnival seems to know how to do comedy right.

I look forward to hearing your unfiltered updates on the Eclipse entertainment! Also, how and who is the CD? We heard Sue Denning left and wonder who took her place.

Thanks for any insight. Sailing in 26 days :)

Edited by FlamingJune1967

We were on the Eclipse in October and normally love the shows performed by the Celebrity cast however it the first time that we have ever left mid performance, was so disappointed in the Broadway as was expecting all the big hits from the shows but instead the majority of songs were completely unknown to us. On a positive note if Sue Denning is still the CD and does her one woman show do not miss it she was amazing.