Next Cruise OBC lost if you upgrade?

No as a matter of fact ours went up. We booked an OV room on board and paid a $50 deposit and took $50 OBC on the future cruise. We then upgraded that booking to a balcony and our OBC went up to $100. The deposit stayed at $50. I thought they would ask for another $50 but they did not.

We have done it twice. The second time the $50 went to $150 (9 night cruise) and we still only have a $50 deposit on it

When we went from an Inside Cabin to a Promenade Window Cabin, we had to relinquish our $100 OBC. I felt the benefit from the bigger cabin and the window outweighed anything I might have done with the $100. Plus, I can always bring more money. I can't "bring more cabin."

When we went from an Inside Cabin to a Promenade Window Cabin, we had to relinquish our $100 OBC. I felt the benefit from the bigger cabin and the window outweighed anything I might have done with the $100. Plus, I can always bring more money. I can't "bring more cabin."

Doesn't sound right to me somehow. ;-)

Sounds like that lost OBC was from some sort of booking promo, not from booking on board.

I lost $200 OBC from an on-board booking when I went from OV to balcony a few months later. I was told the sale price on the balcony was for new bookings only so the original booking had to be canceled. The balcony was $300 more than the original OV, then at a recent price drop I got a $325 reduction. So in the final accounting it cost me $175 more for a balcony on a 10-night.

Edited by Sobro

I lost $200 OBC from an on-board booking when I went from OV to balcony a few months later. I was told the sale price on the balcony was for new bookings only so the original booking had to be canceled. The balcony was $300 more than the original OV, then at a recent price drop I got a $325 reduction. So in the final accounting it cost me $175 more for a balcony on a 10-night.

I had the same thing upgrade to JS and lost 150 OBC. [emoji53]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is a bit different situation than was presented by the OP. In this case, they refused upgrading the current booking, so they made you cancel to take advantage of the sale price. Cancelling a booking made onboard will forfeit the OBC from booking onboard.

As long as the original booking is changed (not cancelled), then the OBC from booking on board should remain.