Microfiber Travel Towel Instead of Cruise Ship Beach Towel?

I like the cruise ship beach towels they provide but they are so heavy when wet! Then you have to lug this heavy towel all around for the day. I was looking online and came across microfiber travel towels and was wondering if anyone had any luck with them? Does anyone recommend one brand over another?

We have these in the 60" size and love them. The hanging loop (snaps closed) is also a nice feature that keeps them from blowing away on catamaran days. We have used these as towels, blankets and even shades. Super handy and very low profile and lightweight. The heavy cruise line towels never go ashore with us .

We also have inflatable pool noodles that we bought on Amazon long ago. We have used them for cruise after cruise. Makes floating at the beach relaxing and no need to rent from local vendors.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just a followup on the microfiber towels. I bought two off Amazon - a green/white stripe and a blue/white stripe. I carried them all over the Caribbean last week. They were very portable and less cumbersome to drag around than the ship's towels. They also folded up nicely and actually went back into the carrying pouch easily. Another perk was it was easy to spot our beach chairs in a sea of navy/white Princess towels! I actually had several people from other ships asking where I got them. I thought they were a great investment and will definitely bring them on a future cruise :cool:

I just bought 2 microfiber towels to bring on our cruise next week. The ship's towels are great but too darn heavy to lug around when they are wet. I will probably use the ship's towels on board but use the new towels on shore. We have a launderette close by so can always throw in the dryer or send for complimentary service as well.

The ones I bought were Fit Spirit....2/17.99

Happy travels!

I got two of these and have been using it with great success so far.

I have bought a few other microfiber towels, but these seem to be the best so far- absorbs fast, dries fast, good design and very compact.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01JQPIHYA/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I bought my first one from their kickstarter campaign, and then the second one from Amazon.

Carnival towels are lighter than they used to be -they must be using the lighter absorbent fibers. I like the convenience of having them wash the towels and replace them with clean ones. Our steward did this for us every day (changed out the beach/pool towels)..

Sent from my iPad using Forums