New internet / WiFi packages ?

Southendweather

I used the £12.90 package on Arcadia for a a few days recently during the 18 day Venice cruise (quite a few sea days)....there was a bonus 2 extra hours promotion on one of those days as well.....had it on sea days from 1400 to 1400 and it worked out really quite well and we were quite happy with speeds just for browsing, e mails etc...you would probably be hard pushed to use it for uploading anything other than a few photos though because compared to home broadband it is pretty sluggish....have to say the signal in my Cabin on C deck mid-ship starboard side was very good.

I hope the promotion of the extra 2 hours will lead to P&O offering further promotions and/or extras for users because it is highly priced and the take up does seem pretty low.

One more thing...I have my mobile on 3 network and I tried using their App that allows you to use wi-fi to make calls if no (or poor) data signal available...sadly this did not work using the ships wi-fi.:eek::)

"One more thing...I have my mobile on 3 network and I tried using their App that allows you to use wi-fi to make calls if no (or poor) data signal available...sadly this did not work using the ships wi-fi.:eek::)"

For data signal read mobile signal....must proof read more:):)

The cheapest is mainly for email, the middle for FB etc. top is for streaming live media such as films and music. If you book it the librarian will advise :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think it's the other way round - cheapest is for FB and instagram, the middle for email etc.

I have just read that P&O have brought back a PAYG version at 65p per minute.

Someone has posted on Facebook today that P &O have just introduced a "pay per minute" internet deal. I think they said it was 65p a minute....which is expensive, but as the speed is so much better, and you can do everything offline first, it could work out a good deal for "light" users .

Someone has posted on Facebook today that P &O have just introduced a "pay per minute" internet deal. I think they said it was 65p a minute....which is expensive, but as the speed is so much better, and you can do everything offline first, it could work out a good deal for "light" users .

That sounds good to me. I use it mainly to download The Times each day but the cheapest access didn't do it it, so I effectively had to pay 12.50 for a paper. This way I reckon it would only cost a couple of pounds at the most.

Can anyone remember how many minutes we used to get for the 62.50 package. I remember extra minutes being added on if you booked on the first day but can't remember how many minutes we got.

Sue

250 minutes I think? But last time I did that I got an extra 100 minutes on a deal. But I couldn't download my newspaper because it was so slow.

But the pay-per-minute deal would also be expensive unless it downloads your newspaper in a couple of minutes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Someone may correct me, but I don't think you can spread it over 2 days, I think it's from when you start. Personally I take my tablet ashore and use the free wifi in most terminals or when I have a coffee.

if you purchase from 12 md you have access to 12md the next day. I preferred when you could by minutes and link with family over a period of days..(important when a family member at home is unwell) Also the cheaper package does not allow for emails.. The librarian said if I had £12.50 package I coukd download games - Oh yes like I want to spend my cruise time playing games. Not happy with this system I use wifi ashore too its often readily available in bars even if you have to buy a drink.

Just back from Caribbean and did'nt use it.

sunnyseas

I think it's the other way round - cheapest is for FB and instagram, the middle for email etc.

I have just read that P&O have brought back a PAYG version at 65p per minute.

I think it's the wording that isn't clear, when we used it in September the lower tariff got you email and things like what's app messaging but social media in terms of FB was the middle package. Email and social messaging doesn't use as much data as FB etc. Unless they changed it?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if two devices can access the wifi at the same time. If not I'll have to work out a way to create a local hotspot in the cabin. There is a Dlink product that is supposed to work.Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Does anyone know if two devices can access the wifi at the same time. If not I'll have to work out a way to create a local hotspot in the cabin. There is a Dlink product that is supposed to work.Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This works for me, it logs onto the internet then you log onto the router.

http://www.netgear.co.uk/home/products/networking/wifi-routers/PR2000.aspx?cid=wmt_netgear_organic

You couldn't do that under the old conditions. Doubt you can now. You'd then be getting double access.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Its been possible for a long time, just not well known.