RCCL Transfers from Orlando Airport

I just added the transfers through Royal one way from Orlando International to Port Canaveral...do they have a desk or an area in the airport that I should look for on arrival? I've flown into MCO dozens of times but was too focused on my Disney transportation to pay attention to anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just added the transfers through Royal one way from Orlando International to Port Canaveral...do they have a desk or an area in the airport that I should look for on arrival? I've flown into MCO dozens of times but was too focused on my Disney transportation to pay attention to anything else.

Can i ask how much this was? And where did you book it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I fully realize that the ship transfer is thought of as convenient, but I find it awfully expensive. If you are up for an alternative suggestion, I and others here can recommend Cortrans Shuttle Service. Jaime charges $20.00 per person and is courteous, professional, and convenient. Here is his website:

http://www.cortrans-shuttle.com

I agree it's pricey, I looked at other transfers but since this is my first cruise [emoji568] I decided to bite the bullet and pay it. For me it's about lowering my anxiety just a little [emoji2]

Yes i can understand that. This is our first time flying out the same day so i have to make a decision too

I totally understand your anxiety about transportation. I am a frequent cruiser and always fly or drive in the day before. In March I am trying NCL for the first time for a short cruise, and I am flying in the day of. Just thinking about it makes me nervous. I booked transportation to the port directly with NCL, just for peace of mind. I know the other companies are cheaper, I have used some of them before and they are just fine, but I know if anything happens I will not miss the ship. Those few extra dollars are worth it to me, especially since the port is an hour away.

Yes i can understand that. This is our first time flying out the same day so i have to make a decision too

Flying in the day of, I would use Royal's transportation, personally.

I mean, we didn't on out last cruise, but ours was a red eye and got in at 6am. Any later than that and I'd use official transportation.

Unless you mean flying out of Orlando. Then I don't feel official Royal transportation is important. :)

Edited by mollyeilis

We will be arriving at 8:30 AM in Orlando as long as we don't get delayed.

That is nice and early. You are most likely the first flight of the day for that airplane, so less chance of a delay (other than weather). Even if you are delayed, you will just be put on a later bus. Do what makes the most sense to you and then decide if you are comfortable using a private transfer in the future.

We usually fly in the day before and do a one way rental car for less than $50. We keep it until the morning of the cruise, return it and take the rental car shuttle to the port. This way, we can buy our two bottles of wine to take on the ship, pick up any last minute things we forgot and have a relaxing dinner watching the ships that leave the day before our cruise.

Do what works for you and have a great cruise!:)

• 7 months later...

We will use RCI transfers, as well.

I, like many others, are very familiar with Orlando (but for Disney purposes) . And like others, I'd prefer pay a touch more and have the peace of mind of letting RCI drive me ( just a personal preference, I appreciate all the great recommendations, but for me , I'm going to let Royal Caribbean drive us this time)

But I do still have a few questions that I would LOVE to have answered if anyone could help :

As previously asked (but I didn't find an answer) : Our flight lands @ 9am, will I be sitting on the bus for a long period of time waiting for it to full up, or at this time of morning, will it be a quick process?

My second & more essential question is regarding our checked luggage ... how does this work? Do we retrieve it from baggage claim & bring it to the Royal Caribbean bus, or is there anything (similar to Disney's Magic Express) that takes care of our checked luggage for us?

(we are Emerald Crown & Anchor members, but happen to have not sailed Royal for almost 5 years & have only ever sailed Disney out of Port Canaveral, so I entirely forget how the royal transfers work)

Thanks!

We will use RCI transfers, as well.

I, like many others, are very familiar with Orlando (but for Disney purposes) . And like others, I'd prefer pay a touch more and have the peace of mind of letting RCI drive me ( just a personal preference, I appreciate all the great recommendations, but for me , I'm going to let Royal Caribbean drive us this time)

But I do still have a few questions that I would LOVE to have answered if anyone could help :

As previously asked (but I didn't find an answer) : Our flight lands @ 9am, will I be sitting on the bus for a long period of time waiting for it to full up, or at this time of morning, will it be a quick process?

There is no definite answer, but my response is that you should be prepared to sit for quite a while.

My second & more essential question is regarding our checked luggage ... how does this work? Do we retrieve it from baggage claim & bring it to the Royal Caribbean bus, or is there anything (similar to Disney's Magic Express) that takes care of our checked luggage for us?

You get your own bags and bring them to the bus.

(we are Emerald Crown & Anchor members, but happen to have not sailed Royal for almost 5 years & have only ever sailed Disney out of Port Canaveral, so I entirely forget how the royal transfers work)

Thanks!

red responses