Hotel im Galveston TX

cruisinggrandma57

Moody Gardens is one of the few better hotels that do not require a 2 night stay before a cruise like Hilton .

Hilton only requires 2 nights if you book online. If you call the hotel direct (not general reservations) and advise cruising they do a manual override so you can book for 1 night.

Edited by Spurschick

We stayed at the Galveston Beach hotel in 2014. It was quite decent, very nice pool and the price was fair. I don't see this hotel listed anymore. Is it still open, maybe it has changed to a different name?

Yes it has been bought and remodeled and is a Doubletree now!

• 2 weeks later...
I'm a fan of the Country Inn & Suites and the Four Points on the Seawall. Both are comfortable. The Country Inn is walking distance to The Spot, which is a plus for us.

There's a new Best Western Plus that just opened up ("Galveston Suites") that's on the quieter end of the island. It's only been open for about a month.

There's also a Best Western Plus at the other end by Stewart Beach ("By The Beach") that I have stayed in and had a good experience.

I have been able to get all of these hotels without a 2 night minimum.

We have made reservations at the newly remodeled Best Western Plus Galveston Suites on Seawall Blvd through AARP Travel Center. Our total for one night is $131.96. Free breakfast, free parking, balcony, mini fridge, microwave, etc.:D

• 1 month later...

I just booked the Comfort Suites for $134 after taxes for 9 Sep 17. Very good ratings, don't have to stay 2 nights and includes free breakfast. They have a shuttle to the ports at $15 pp. We won't have a car so will be looking for transportation. This place has an on site restaurant, burger place and convenience store next door so DW can buy her wine. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Official opening is 4/30. Does anyone know if there are bars and restaurants walking distance? its at 110 Seawall blvd.

That depends on how far you consider walking distance. If you're willing to walk a mile or so, there are lots of places. Within 4 or five blocks, you'll only find fast food and Chili's. That's on that far east end of the Seawall, heading west, you'll find large clusters of bars and restaurants in the vicinity of the Hotel Galvez and then another couple of miles west, around the San Luis Inn.

Those two are the nicest hotels on the seawall. Not cheap, but very nice!

That depends on how far you consider walking distance. If you're willing to walk a mile or so, there are lots of places. Within 4 or five blocks, you'll only find fast food and Chili's. That's on that far east end of the Seawall, heading west, you'll find large clusters of bars and restaurants in the vicinity of the Hotel Galvez and then another couple of miles west, around the San Luis Inn.

Those two are the nicest hotels on the seawall. Not cheap, but very nice!

Thanks I love San Luis which also has a great steak place and piano bar but seems to require 2 night stay every cruise we take. Moody Gardens just went from over 300 to under 200 for 1 night before our cruise so might try that

Thanks I love San Luis which also has a great steak place and piano bar but seems to require 2 night stay every cruise we take. Moody Gardens just went from over 300 to under 200 for 1 night before our cruise so might try that

I just booked Inn at the Waterpark with free parking and shuttle with tax for April for $159.00 plus taxes for 2 double beds. Never have been there. Been to many hotels in Galveston. Want to try this one out

• 3 weeks later...

We have always driven to New Orleans and stayed in St Rose, left our car at motel and taxi or shuttle in. Paid parking but not gated. Jan 2018 will be first time out of Galveston and looking at Texas City Fairfield Inn and free parking. Just wondering if anyone has left their car in Texas City motels and ok? Thanks!:)

We are leaving in Mid May and looking to spend one night in Galveston before our cruise. We prefer to stay in Galveston itself, rather than outskirts. I would like to do a park and cruise hotel if possible. The couple that I checked out are astronomical IMO. I am wondering if it would not be better to just go on a discount site and get a hotel (like a name your own price or secret deal) and then just pay for parking at the pier. I am open to that, because it would lead to easier access for driving home (its a long drive to Missouri), but we are comfortable with park and cruise hotels.

Suggestions?

We are waiting to get on the ship now. We stayed at Americas Best Value last night; the one on Broadway. No restaurants nearby, so we had a pizza delivered to our room. Brand, brand, brand new, and squeaky clean. Very comfy bed: I slept for 9 straight hours, and I NEVER sleep well the first night in a different bed.

$102, including the usual hotel breakfast (we didn't bother). $20 - $25 taxi to the dock, and I highly recommend Jeff's Taxi service. Bertha, the dispatcher this morning, was a sweetheart.

We are leaving in Mid May and looking to spend one night in Galveston before our cruise. We prefer to stay in Galveston itself, rather than outskirts. I would like to do a park and cruise hotel if possible. The couple that I checked out are astronomical IMO. I am wondering if it would not be better to just go on a discount site and get a hotel (like a name your own price or secret deal) and then just pay for parking at the pier. I am open to that, because it would lead to easier access for driving home (its a long drive to Missouri), but we are comfortable with park and cruise hotels.

Suggestions?

We've cruised out of Galveston 2 previous times, also preferring to stay in Galveston; once at the Galvez and once at the Tremont. Both were nice, provided parking and shuttle, and were reasonably priced with no 2 night minimum stay.

We had a cruise booked for April 10th out of Galveston and after trying to find a hotel for one night at a reasonable price for several months, I gave up. I refused to spend $300+/night and be forced to book 2 nights, so I cancelled the cruise out of Galveston and booked one out of NOLA and was able to find a nice hotel in either the French Quarter or Riverfront area for a much better price - go figure! Good luck with your search!