Laundry

travellgirl

We have been on two Azamara cruises and have one booked for September, 2017. Between ore cruise and post cruise, we will be gone quite a while.

Is there a laundry service onboard? I don't believe there is dry cleaning available, but hoping to possibly send out some laundry.

Thanks.

We have been on two Azamara cruises and have one booked for September, 2017. Between ore cruise and post cruise, we will be gone quite a while.

Is there a laundry service onboard? I don't believe there is dry cleaning available, but hoping to possibly send out some laundry.

Thanks.

Depending on your LCV status the laundry that you send out could be free.

We are Discover level, and were able to fill a small cloth bag, with 33 items. Our laundry came back pressed and on hangers, although it is advertised that it will be folded. We were able to do this x2 on the 15 night cruise, as we are both Elite on Celebrity ( transferable to Azamara)

We used the self serve laundry a number of times on our recent 15 night cruise. Even washed my running shoes after getting a "soaker" when I plunged into a great mud puddle on a hike in Bergen!

It's actually a really fun experience and you get to meet fellow passengers and have a nice chat. I was nicknamed Miss Ironing Board on our recent cruise!

My only caveat is the laundry soap (supplied) has quite a strong scent. We use unscented soap and we found the ship supplied was really strong smelling. Will bring our own next time. There are no dryer sheets or fabric softener supplied. There are laundry baskets you can borrow for carting your laundry to and fro.

Edited by TravelBugM

Hello and welcome Travellgirl,

Yes, both self-service laundry and send-out laundry, plus dry cleaning, is available on-board.

If you are Explorer level with us, or above, you're entitled to send out one bag of laundry per stateroom per week, complimentary.

Ditto for guests staying in Suites.

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/experience/our-ships/suites

Thank you for the replie, very helpful.m Nice ot know also that someone from Azamara reads these posts.

My husband and I are Elite on Celebrity. We need to join the hAzamRa Loyalty program.

I may be using that ironing board!

Booked on the Quest for September 17, 2017

Unless Azamara do it better, I would avoid sending anything that might shrink. Have had items shrink on Celebrity and RCI and so now avoid getting it done via the ship.

I would always self wash if that is an option - just bring your own powder or pods.

Unless Azamara do it better, I would avoid sending anything that might shrink. Have had items shrink on Celebrity and RCI and so now avoid getting it done via the ship.

I would always self wash if that is an option - just bring your own powder or pods

I have never had anything shrink!

If you hand wash in the bathroom, you will be hard pressed to hang to dry.

The lines from the shower hadn't been fixed on the Quest TA, although they were on board: it's work in progress, which Captain Jose thought might take up to 3 months.