New to Princess; Lots of Questions

Ejkjar

If we have paid the $15 corkage fee upon embarkation for an extra bottle of wine, and decide to bring that bottle to the dining room to enjoy with dinner, how is this handled? Do we bring the bottle unopened and the dining room server opens it for us? If so, will we be charged another $15 corkage fee? Do we instead open it in our cabin and bring the opened bottle with us...in which case, are we charged another corkage fee?

Logic tells me that we should only be charged once (upon embarkation), and would prefer to not be charged twice if that is even possible. Would appreciate clarification. Thanks.

As Colo Cruiser posted, you will not need to pay a second corkage fee. We have had stickers placed on the bottles and other times they have written on the labels with a felt marker. It can change from cruise to cruise. Just bring the bottle to the DR. If you bring be the f the "corkage free" bottles to the DR, you will be charged the $15 corkage fee. Don't think of the corkage fee as the cost to remove the cork but rather reimbursement for labor, cleaning glassware and lost profit from the sale of wine.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My goodness that was a lot of alcohol information!

With respect to Anytime Dining: I always book Traditional Dining. One reason is because Anytime just means come by anytime and we will give you a disk that lights up and buzzes when we have a table ready. Some passengers really dislike the wait. TD means a set time, same dining companions, and most importantly, same waitstaff! You can request a table for two or ten.

Whichever way you choose, enjoy your voyage! [emoji568]

Just to be clear the rule is actually 1 x 750ml bottle per adult passenger of drinking age.

Oh yes ...very true. But limited to two per cabin even if 3 or 4 adult pax are in the same cabin. A BVE pax if over 21 can also bring on one bottle without paying corkage.

Addendum: For the additional person in the suite, I am sure you can pass that third bottle through without paying the corkage if you intend on drinking it in your cabin. They don't seem particularly interested in being sticklers ... they just don't want you bringing on cases of wine (and certainly no booze) and not paying corkage on any of them, then pouring it in your room and taking it to the dining room. I am sure that is why they implemented the corkage fee in the first place. Too many people skirting the rules.

Edited by Cruise Raider

Oh yes ...very true. But limited to two per cabin even if 3 or 4 adult pax are in the same cabin. A BVE pax if over 21 can also bring on one bottle without paying corkage.
Can you please tell me where you see the limit of two bottles per cabin? There is no mention of that limit in the Passage Contract or the boarding pass info. They both only mention one bottle per passenger of drinking age.

Can you please tell me where you see the limit of two bottles per cabin? There is no mention of that limit in the Passage Contract or the boarding pass info. They both only mention one bottle per passenger of drinking age.

Edited by Dobby_The_Ship_Elf
oopsie on my behalf