How are the mattresses on the Crown?

wallyworld583

Can anyone who has been on the Crown lately comment on the mattresses? Are we going to need a topper (does Princess even do that)? We haven't sailed Princess for a while but I just can't handle the padded plywood that some of the other lines seem to have.

Comfort is subjective but in April we needed to have a pillowtop pad added to be comfortable for us.

The Crown isn't scheduled to receive their luxury mattresses until April 2018 but with the improved pillowtop mattress pads we had a comfortable night's sleep. For us the pillowtop pads are much better than the broken down eggcrate pads.

Comfort is subjective. Cruise beds for me are never as comfy as home, or a hotel on a business trip. I've considered bringing my own mattress topper, but that's just an added expense and bulky luggage. So I have never done it.

We've only gotten a topper once, other times, they were not available. Also, don't think they are ever available on the smaller beds (when they aren't together as one/separated into 2).

We were on the Crown in April, 3 to a room, and the mattress was not very comfy for me.

Can anyone who has been on the Crown lately comment on the mattresses? Are we going to need a topper (does Princess even do that)? We haven't sailed Princess for a while but I just can't handle the padded plywood that some of the other lines seem to have.

The mattress are in need of new ones. Had a topper put on ours only helped a little. The Crown I believe is suppose to get new ones in 2017.

We had twin beds... DH's mattress was fine, mine sagged in the middle which was clearly visible. I asked for a new mattress but I was told they didn't have any available. Used a topper which made it better.

Thanks all. Guess I need to get busy and request a topper.

There are a limited number of the better pillowtop pads so check your mattress ASAP and request one if you need it. They're queen size but once on a month long cruise our steward folded one in half for my twin mattress.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Crown does go into Drydock early April 2017. New beds, paint, TVs, carpet and a Curtis Stones Shares that I hear is an up sell lousy restaurant. Ships must go to drydock 2 times every 6 years for engine maintenence.It will probably get what Sun did.

Sun Princess refurbishment (Singapore, 2-week drydock, cost US$30 mill)

• Kai Seafood Bar (sushi bar)
  • buffet dining complex "World Fresh Marketplace" upgraded new decor, live ala carte cooking, pastry shop / coffee bar Amuleto Cafe)
  • "Lotus Spa" renovated
  • new interior decor (furnishings with Asian/Japan touches)
  • Terrace Grill remodeled into al fresco BBQ dining venue
  • the ice cream bar transformed into New Zealand Natural (with specialty coffees)
  • SHARE restaurant replaced the pizzeria

Edited by WupperAV

Crown does go into Drydock early April 2017. New beds, paint, TVs, carpet and a Curtis Stones Shares that I hear is an up sell lousy restaurant. Ships must go to drydock 2 times every 6 years for engine maintenence.It will probably get what Sun did.

Sun Princess refurbishment (Singapore, 2-week drydock, cost US$30 mill)

• Kai Seafood Bar (sushi bar)
  • buffet dining complex "World Fresh Marketplace" upgraded new decor, live ala carte cooking, pastry shop / coffee bar Amuleto Cafe)
  • "Lotus Spa" renovated
  • new interior decor (furnishings with Asian/Japan touches)
  • Terrace Grill remodeled into al fresco BBQ dining venue
  • the ice cream bar transformed into New Zealand Natural (with specialty coffees)
  • SHARE restaurant replaced the pizzeria

What is your source for this information? Since the Crown is scheduled to be in the US market through mid 2018 I don't see all the things you mention actually happening during a Crown Dry Dock. The Crown and Sun are entirely different ships. I would think any changes would be minor.